Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Is Fat Joe a legend? Big L? Busta Rhymes?
I think these regional legends are too borderline, and we'd have hundreds at that point. The real hip-hop legend list is reserved for guys like Dre, Snoop, Jay-Z, Nas, Pac, Big, Drake, LL. Basically undeniable worldwide impact on the genre.

With that said, death during prime seems to automatically cement legend status. XXX is treated like Pac to kids under 21 :lol:

Is Fat Joe a legend? Big L? Busta Rhymes?
I think these regional legends are too borderline, and we'd have hundreds at that point. The real hip-hop legend list is reserved for guys like Dre, Snoop, Jay-Z, Nas, Pac, Big, Drake, LL. Basically undeniable worldwide impact on the genre.

With that said, death during prime seems to automatically cement legend status. XXX is treated like Pac to kids under 21 :lol:

I would consider all those names in that category. In the end, it's subjective whatever criteria people use to judge it. I get keeping the best of the best as "legends" but some dudes outside that realm have put out classic songs/albums that get played to this day and for that I keep them in that category.
Big L wasn't around for long but a notable part of hip-hop history. Just like Pun.
Busta thought so outside the box and was the first rapper I remember doing videos that were super out there and he definitely had influence in that area. Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See might be one of my top 10/15 favorite rap songs ever.
Joe is still putting out chart topping music over 2 decades in the game.

Y’all calling Drake a legend now?

Prodigy, Lyricist and Legends - Oh My...

NT we got to do better - y’all giving titles out too freely..

I don't know. Impact, influence and Nelly got some timeless records. _'s call Lil B a legend so I don't know what standards folks got to qualify somebody nowadays.
Nelly was huge over here when I was younger. I’m talking as dominant as prime 50 Cent on tv and radio.

In a way u got to call him one. He didn’t bring anything original or change the game in any way but the ***** been at the top of the pyramid for a decade. Numbers alone I can’t argue with anyone who calls him that. His karaoke music will live for a long time too.

Envy was saying he heard Jay was on or working on a verse for Fat Joe's Projects. I would have liked that feature, I can hear Jay on that song.

Back
Top Bottom