Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

When he dropped lighters up I was going crazy with the 🐝🐝🐝🐝 Emojis...Original Queen Bee ****

you and nawghtyhare nawghtyhare

giphy.gif

The ****in captions that man writes is funnier than the fits. I read them joints in tears like how the **** he come up with this ****?

My mom just left my crib and was looking at the records on my wall. She goes, see, you should cut your beard like Joe Budden

MI0003087089.jpg

I was weak as ****, made me think of this thread and the chin straps.

Joe clearly had enough hair for a full on beard and he chose that weak *** chin strap.

Facts... Deeetroit, put ya lighters up :emoji_fire::emoji_fire::emoji_fire: Naked Truth wasn’t hard??? It got 5 mics when it still kinda meant something.

9FE451EF-F4DB-4AAD-B96E-9C6D7286BA27.jpeg

The Source got killed for giving this album 5 mics cause it ain't even a top 3 Kim album. This was also when she was smashing Benzino and he got killed for it too.

Nah but I’m not riding to no old cash money **** either if I’m being honest...I mostly listen to current music, i gotta be in a certain mood to play any of that **** so they basically in the same boat.

And I'm not mad at that. If you not playing his music today or wasn't back then, I don't expect you to think Mannie won.

The Source got killed for giving this album 5 mics cause it ain't even a top 3 Kim album. This was also when she was smashing Benzino and he got killed for it too.

And I'm not mad at that. If you not playing his music today or wasn't back then, I don't expect you to think Mannie won.

Benzino :emoji_fire: :emoji_fire: :emoji_fire:

***** I was raised on Cash Money, I just told y’all ****** I’m a hip hop historian. None of y’all ****** know more about Rap than me and that’s a fact. I had subscriptions and was reading XXL/Vibe/The Source etc while y’all parents had y’all reading the Bible. Only rap era I don’t know **** about is the hip hop the hippit you don’t stop a rockin ****...I had my pops in the home and got 2 older brothers, they was all playing rap. I’m the youngest. This **** a religion to me.

Let’s keep it real, Get Ya Roll on was a super basic beat like most of Freshs stuff. And if people are open minded and not blinded by the fact that his music caught them at an influential time in their life they can agree that most of those beats are cheesy basic beats. Not everyone has an ear for complex beats. Their Brains are just wired to like simple beats, their brains can’t process, appreciate or breakdown the finer beats.

“Let’s keep it real” followed by a bunch of trash :rofl:

Naked Truth was barely a 3 mic album that was given a 5 SMH. La Bella Mafia and Hardcore were so much better it’s not even funny.

Let’s keep it real, Get Ya Roll on was a super basic beat like most of Freshs stuff. And if people are open minded and not blinded by the fact that his music caught them at an influential time in their life they can agree that most of those beats are cheesy basic beats. Not everyone has an ear for complex beats. Their Brains are just wired to like simple beats, their brains can’t process, appreciate or breakdown the finer beats.

Nah a lot of **** Fresh was doing back then (rolling 808s, triple time hi hats, etc) is still prominent

Meanwhile Scott Storch out here in 2020 tryna get them nasty Madden 04 Intro type beats off :lol: :smh:

For its time, fresh beats were NOT simple. They can be viewed as such these days but hiphop production has advanced 20 years since then.

you talkin like its not possible to over-produce.

And who says simple production is a bad thing?grindin, literally aint s*** but drums. Its simple.
you boutta fix your mouth to say its wack?

some of yall just love some 15 minute pop bulls***.

ill say this, storch r&b joints aged a lot better than his hiphop beats, which initially, is what the battle was supposed to be over anyway. As far as those go, its fresh all day.

Back
Top Bottom