Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Damn. Gotta see how that one plays out. Hopefully it’s not some young ****** using him as the scapegoat.

Guess the album version of Slippin was edited as they wouldn't clear the sample if the explicit version was to be released. I remember back when it came out one of my classmates told me some story that it was meant for the children or his kids and that's why only the clean version was available. Funny how the person that had rights to the sample felt so strong about it but the album was full of cussing, oh but having one song clean would make all the difference...

1610503711530.gif

son really had it. miss this young man 🙏🏽

Reposting this article. Great read from 2019.

Never fully got in tune with his music. He had some undeniable bangers, before even perfecting his sound tho. You could see the rise/development. But his star quality was undeniable. Yo Was going to be “one of them ones” in the rap game. “IT”. Dumb young too. Shorty ain’t even hit 21. But carried himself mostly (and looked like) like a ***** in his mid to late 20s.

Reposting this article. Great read from 2019.

Never fully got in tune with his music. He had some undeniable bangers, before even perfecting his sound tho. You could see the rise/development. But his star quality was undeniable. Yo Was going to be “one of them ones” in the rap game. “IT”. Dumb young too. Shorty ain’t even hit 21. But carried himself mostly (and looked like) like a ***** in his mid to late 20s.

I wasn't really up his music either but I listened to that interview he did with Angie right before he died and when he said his age I was like what. Thought dude was around 24-25. Then he passed a few days later I just thinking damn he was a kid.

Back
Top Bottom