Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Swizz has a lot of hits, but a lot of duds. Frankly he's an overrated producer IMO. People remember the hits, because he has a good 20, mainly because of the caliber of people he worked with. But dude has a ton of duds. He had a lot of misses for that 20.

X sounds terrible on this.

his style hasnt aged well. Like, AT ALL...
Because they're jamming his flow on trash tracks.
Simple as that.
His style and a many others are timeless, with the right handling.
You think Rolling Stones and U2 are still touring to ONLY oldies, nah man.
They got new **** too, they just have excellent production.
X has trash after Trash.

X sounds terrible on this.

his style hasnt aged well. Like, AT ALL...

Regular X would sound nice, but at 50, his voice was pretty strained on a lot of these tracks. But it’s the production that disappoints more than anything. All this did was expose that Dame Grease and PK were the real masterminds and Swizz was just the face/frontman. A lot of these beats sounds like that clip floating around with him and Busta Rhymes

Regular X would sound nice, but at 50, his voice was pretty strained on a lot of these tracks. But it’s the production that disappoints more than anything. All this did was expose that Dame Grease and PK were the real masterminds and Swizz was just the face/frontman. A lot of these beats sounds like that clip floating around with him and Busta Rhymes

I still don't know how Swizz hijacked DMX career

This DMX is exactly what I expected. Reminds me of his last two albums, Undisputed and Redemption of the Beast. I don’t know if it’s the age or the drugs but DMX can’t find his flow and it’s hard to listen to. It reminds me of Eminem, they just can’t flow anymore.

Swizz sounds outdated, reminds me a lot of his Year of the Dog Again album. I’d believe it if you told me these beats were from 06-07.

Mr Porter has always been bad but he had the best beats on here.

I really wish they could have had Dame and PK on here but I get it. Swizz made it seem like him and X just locked in for a month and made this album.

Moneybag and Wayne on this is disgusting. No one wants to hear X work with them and no one wants to hear from Wayne in 2021. This ain’t 07 when you just throw him on for sales, he’s not that guy.

It was dope that they had Infra-Red, Cross and Icepick on here, just like the old Ruff Ryders skit. Once X passed they should have took one of these songs and added Drag, Cross and Infra.

I need to know how much was added after he passed.

Only songs I liked was the song with Bono and Usher.

I need to know how much was added after he passed.

Only songs I liked was the song with Bono and Usher.

They should’ve only dropped the Bono joint as a single today to give themselves more time to work this album

Swizz has a lot of hits, but a lot of duds. Frankly he's an overrated producer IMO. People remember the hits, because he has a good 20, mainly because of the caliber of people he worked with. But dude has a ton of duds. He had a lot of misses for that 20.
I'm a guy and can't stand him. I got sisters, a daughter, mom....aunts....he toxic. Especially against black women. I can't rock with it. JHe sound like a bitter beta who got done wrong by one female and now he hates all of them lol.

A lot of DMX better stuff wasn’t produced by Swizz
Dame Grease and PK go under appreciated while Swizz gets credit.

It’s Dark and He’ll is Hot had 1 song linked to Swizz
Yeah but that 1 song linked to Swizz was instrumental in X's career.....Ruff Ryders Anthem is that timeless record we gonna hear until the end of time lol.

Back
Top Bottom