Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Man, its an album I keep on revisiting. I really don't listen to MBDTF outside of the intro and a few other highlights (all of the lights, Runaway are among his best songs imo)

But Late Registration is powerful man, not my favorite album (TLOP) but his best imo

Touch the sky- First off, that beat :sick: , then you get into that first verse about his insecurity before fame (when he's at his best), setting the stage about his claim to fame the hunger is tangible. "I felt like Bad boy street team, I couldn't work the Lox", then of course you have Lupe skating on that last verse.

Gold Digger- Not my fave song, but that **** hits

Drive Slow- My favorite Kanye Song period, admittedly bias, but that beat combined with his and Paul Walls verse about letting fame/riches get the better of you and leading down the wrong path resonate to this day imo especially after all the rappers we have lost since

Sierra Leone Remix - Man people always vouch for Jay on this track and rightfully so, but Kanye skates on this. "I forget better **** than you ever thought of"

Hey Mama- Mothers day anthem, I like what Jon Brion did with this, made it polished and Kanyes mumble singing is A1

Gone- Cam + Kanye on top of their game

Late- My favorite outro of any Kanye Album, I'll be late for that. I went to junior high with all of them and they been slow :lol:

HIs BEST album, not my favorite but his best

IYKYK

Man, its an album I keep on revisiting. I really don't listen to MBDTF outside of the intro and a few other highlights (all of the lights, Runaway are among his best songs imo)

But Late Registration is powerful man, not my favorite album (TLOP) but his best imo

Touch the sky- First off, that beat :sick: , then you get into that first verse about his insecurity before fame (when he's at his best), setting the stage about his claim to fame the hunger is tangible. "I felt like Bad boy street team, I couldn't work the Lox", then of course you have Lupe skating on that last verse.

Gold Digger- Not my fave song, but that **** hits

Drive Slow- My favorite Kanye Song period, admittedly bias, but that beat combined with his and Paul Walls verse about letting fame/riches get the better of you and leading down the wrong path resonate to this day imo especially after all the rappers we have lost since

Sierra Leone Remix - Man people always vouch for Jay on this track and rightfully so, but Kanye skates on this. "I forget better **** than you ever thought of"

Hey Mama- Mothers day anthem, I like what Jon Brion did with this, made it polished and Kanyes mumble singing is A1

Gone- Cam + Kanye on top of their game

Late- My favorite outro of any Kanye Album, I'll be late for that. I went to junior high with all of them and they been slow :lol:

HIs BEST album, not my favorite but his best
I agree w/ you on this being his best overall album. The music alone sounds like it cost a million. It sounds pretty and perfect like Thriller. Never been much of a fan of the diamonds remix.

When did the tide start to change on Migos? I don’t recall them dropping a dud (collectively). Is it that as a group they been gone too long or are cats just not feeling them anymore?

They haven’t missed imo.
Around the time they started making songs with Katy Perry +

Quavo fatigue +

Takeoff being Takeoff +

Folks preferring to hear Offset rap solo

When did the tide start to change on Migos? I don’t recall them dropping a dud (collectively). Is it that as a group they been gone too long or are cats just not feeling them anymore?

They haven’t missed imo.

2018 & 2019….when they leaned far too into stir fry, taco Tuesday and the Bieber, Cardi B features etc they tried to force.

Plus, their solo projects wasn’t it. And….Quavo trying to be Travis Scott.

Again, they started to lose their way. But they got talent, so those boys will always be in it.

1623343784202.png

They haven’t missed imo.

I think when they each dropped a solo , quavo/trav and 21/offset albums that were all mostly mid (21/offset album was flames though), people forgot how good they are as a unit

They haven’t missed imo.
The dropped the long term bag being stream thots instead of following up w/ a respectable album after the Culture. 12 good and or great songs would've garnered them more respect and money opposed to that 24 track damn near 2 hour long album they dropped. Idc what those shorted sited vultures in the buildings try to push. Albums matter, mad ppl wanted Culture 2 to be fire, and it wasn't.

Back
Top Bottom