Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

You're literally the only one on this planet who thinks Joe won.

Joe's wife and kids don't think he won.

I don't think anyone "wins". I'm not scoring off sales, Can I Get a is a monster smash and My Lifestyle isn't even a hit. I still play My Lifestyle and haven't played Can I Get a since 2000 but I should give that round to Ja cause it was a bigger song?

And it's funny, I bought three Ja Rule albums and never bought a single Fat Joe album. VVV is a damn near classic in my book, album is great. My scoring is unbiased as hell, it's based on what songs I still play today.

Joe was definitely trying to be The Lox and Ja Rule was reminding me of Lil Bow Wow out there. It was fun as hell to watch. I want to know where Irv was.

Calling Vita & Lil Mo, “dusty bishes” was wild out of line.

He even referred to Remy as “his bish” at one point, IIRC

Dude made himself look terrible, trying to recreate the Lox-Dipset energy.
This is it right here. It felt like Joe was steady trying to create a moment and match Dipset/Lox, but it just wasn’t that kind of show. He even went into a freestyle but it didn’t hit like Jada’s did cause it was a whole different energy. I think if you strictly score the songs it’s a lot closer, but there was a few songs Joe picked that made me scratch my head.

Overall though it was dope to see Ja actually get his flowers. I feel like he’s kind of been the butt of the joke since the 50 beef. It’s dope to shift that a little.

Last people I expected to see was Lil Mo and Vita.

And bringing out Jada to do New York was a nice touch to end the show.

Calling Vita & Lil Mo, “dusty bishes” was wild out of line.

He even referred to Remy as “his bish” at one point, IIRC

Dude made himself look terrible, trying to recreate the Lox-Dipset energy.
Oh that was most definitely foul and over the line but I was referring to dudes 1st statement about a "white Puerto Rican" from the Bronx saying *****.

I don't understand his last reply so i'll just keep it moving.

Last edited:
I think people getting too sensitive. Remy clearly had no problem with it. She grew up with Joe, they're damn near blood siblings. This is the problem when you mix 90's people with todays "can't say that or else" culture but I think we allow certain **** from certain people, if Cam or 50 said it, it woulda been mostly laughing emoji's.

Then it's people acting outrage about Joe saying N. Latinos in NY been saying it forever. All these rappers that came up with Joe have no problem with it. They see him as one of them. He came from the same place they came doing the same thing they did growing up. That's I said people tryna rewrite Joe's history like he was some latino that came from nowhere and stumbled into rap. Man came from Diggin In The Crates Crew. It don't get more hip hop than that and the street ****. Joe done helped/saved so many _'a outta situations. This is from rappers themselves.

I think people getting too sensitive. Remy clearly had no problem with it. She grew up with Joe, they're damn near blood siblings. This is the problem when you mix 90's people with todays "can't say that or else" culture but I think we allow certain **** from certain people, if Cam or 50 said it, it woulda been mostly laughing emoji's.

Then it's people acting outrage about Joe saying N. Latinos in NY been saying it forever. All these rappers that came up with Joe have no problem with it. They see him as one of them. He came from the same place they came doing the same thing they did growing up. That's I said people tryna rewrite Joe's history like he was some latino that came from nowhere and stumbled into rap. Man came from Diggin In The Crates Crew. It don't get more hip hop than that and the street ****. Joe done helped/saved so many _'a outta situations. This is from rappers themselves.

This is like saying I have a pass. It's not cool with all of us, and it shouldn't be.

I don't think anyone "wins". I'm not scoring off sales, Can I Get a is a monster smash and My Lifestyle isn't even a hit. I still play My Lifestyle and haven't played Can I Get a since 2000 but I should give that round to Ja cause it was a bigger song?

And it's funny, I bought three Ja Rule albums and never bought a single Fat Joe album. VVV is a damn near classic in my book, album is great. My scoring is unbiased as hell, it's based on what songs I still play today.

and you still play

7c60.gif

Back
Top Bottom