Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Don’t kill me, but wouldn’t Diddy and Birdman be a more accurate comparison? Not at the same level obviously, but in terms of their roles in the music creation process for their artists.

Birdman the better rapper and executive........

Birdman still relevant in the music industry. Puff been stopped making money off rap. Or even rapping.

nobody could ever sit and listen to an album filled with puffs raps. Birdman has done this. Birdman has solo albums. The man really has done it all

Beatrice still can drop a hot 16 bars.

This is producing. Yes P's hands are on the board, but Puff's impact is providing a specific direction. This is producing. Puff's albums flow like a stereotypical producer. They both was in there listening & tweaking the same 4 seconds for like 5hrs. The beat sounds just like Diddy :lol:

If you put Puff in a studio with nobody else, what would happen

Shouldn't be mentioned with JD yet JD is calling him out for a producers Verzuz ................. NT is forever gonna NT

Dru Hil called out Boyz 2 Men, that doesn't mean it's not ridiculous.

and JD would want that, because they've been in competition for decades. Plus Puff is a name.

but he let you know exactly what he thought of him when he said I'm in the songwriters hall of fame.

Puff doesn't even write his own ****.

Without Jermaine, Glady’s Night and mfers like Otis Redding, Ray Charles or Little Richard, Georgia wouldn’t be this huge music hub.

Jermaine helped build Atlanta into this s****. Without him, a lot of the stuff you currently see never would’ve materialized.

Bruh constantly gets disrespected. Steve Stout? N_ EAD. Puff hit you upside the head with a grey goose bottle. Dudes be clowns.

steve stout “get gunned up and clapped QUICK!!!”

Don't forget about Dallas Austin too.

Dallas Austin vs Rodney Jerkins would be intriguing.

You could say the same about taking away Pharrell's devices.

What are you talking about?

Pharrell can actually put a beat together

Puff is taking someone elses work and giving his input and suggestions. If you put him a studio to his own device you would get zero.

Engineers also do that. We going to have Young Guru in a Verzuz battle? If we start doing everyone who gives input and album sequencing.

Harve Pierre going to get any credit, because he was in those G Dep and Black Rob sessions.

JD can't be busy calling a ***** out to a Verzuz battle while simultaneously trying to discredit him as a producer. clearly he views him in that light if that's the person he's calling out.

That was more so a response to Puff saying JD arms too short to box with God. How can my arms be too short when I’ve entered into spaces you can’t readily get into?

Puff is a curator. While it’s a talent, and you’d be silly to discredit his ear for music, him and JD aren’t the same. And that’s one of the reasons I have absolutely no interest in this potential versus.

Last edited:
Puff is the Jerry Jones of rap. Living off BIG glory, same way Jerry Jones living off them early 90s super bowls.

Puff don’t even make real money from music anymore. He hasn’t in decades. This half of his empire strictly based off Sean John and Ciroc.

JERRAL JONES COMBS!!!

You know Mase, Mary, Black Rob, 112, Faith Evans, The Lox, Shyne all started with Puff right

Birdman the better rapper and executive........

Birdman still relevant in the music industry. Puff been stopped making money off rap. Or even rapping.

nobody could ever sit and listen to an album filled with puffs raps. Birdman has done this. Birdman has solo albums. The man really has done it all

Beatrice still can drop a hot 16 bars.

:rofl: :rofl: ****** have literally went out there way to make birdmanless albums G, don't nobody wanna hear that bull****

What are you talking about?

Pharrell can actually put a beat together

Puff is taking someone elses work and giving his input and suggestions. If you put him a studio to his own device you would get zero.

Engineers also do that. We going to have Young Guru in a Verzuz battle? If we start doing everyone who gives input and album sequencing.

Harve Pierre going to get any credit, because he was in those G Dep and Black Rob sessions.
If Pharrell lost his hands today & worked with someone to specifically arrange a song then he produced. Quincy Jones didn't play Thriller & I believe Off the Wall, but everyone knows he co-produced those albums to the point they're almost presented as collaboration albums.

That was more so a response to Puff saying JD arms too short to box with God. How can my arms be too short when I’ve entered into spaces you can’t readily get into.

Puff is a curator. While it’s a talent, and you’d be silly to discredit his ear for music, him and JD aren’t the same. And that’s one of the reasons I have absolutely no interest in this potential versus.

JD called him out first though, then Puff said that. JD has always tried to put himself with the big dogs going back to when he dissed Dre and Timbo.

I’m not gonna be mad at JD holding himself to the highest regard when it comes to music production because objectively speaking, he’s up there. How high up there he is would be a matter of opinion, but ****ttt. Dude rightfully believes in himself. Can’t be mad at that.

Now if he gets on a versus stage and gets mopped up, well… you asked for this. :lol:

But I noticed a trend with the versus when it comes to NY vs Atlanta acts. Atlanta seems to have that little brother complex. We’ve seen this city dominate the rap/hip hop for the better part of the last 20 years, but they always fall for the bait when it comes to NY. No matter how big the cultural influence of Atlanta becomes in this music space, cats like TI and JD get on extra defensive mode when they’re pitted again someone from NY. 50 made one ig post about TI not seeing him, and TI spent a week talking about it. Visibly peeved. As someone who’s from NY and lives down here in Atlanta, I never understand why they fall for it every time. Like… fam y’all are winning right now and have been for a while. You don’t have to compete with ******. :lol:

I’m not gonna be mad at JD holding himself to the highest regard when it comes to music production because objectively speaking, he’s up there. How high up there he is would be a matter of opinion, but ****ttt. Dude rightfully believes in himself. Can’t be mad at that.

Now if he gets on a versus stage and gets mopped up, well… you asked for this. :lol:

But I noticed a trend with the versus when it comes to NY vs Atlanta acts. Atlanta seems to have that little brother complex. We’ve seen this city dominate the rap/hip hop for the better part of the last 20 years, but they always fall for the bait when it comes to NY. No matter how big the cultural influence of Atlanta becomes in this music space, cats like TI and JD get on extra defensive mode when they’re pitted again someone from NY. 50 made one ig post about TI not seeing him, and TI spent a week talking about it. Visibly peeved. As someone who’s from NY and lives down here in Atlanta, I never understand why they fall for it every time. Like… fam y’all are winning right now and have been for a while. You don’t have to compete with ******. :lol:

but then turned down Busta :lol:

No matter rather you consider puff a real producer or not, if this versus were to happen this **** would be great. Puff and JD are responsible for a nice chunk of the great songs from that era. **** would be a party.

You know Mase, Mary, Black Rob, 112, Faith Evans, The Lox, Shyne all started with Puff right

yeah but ummm..... he more synonymous with BIG. That’s just how it’s gone be. Them casual fans ya’ll love, don’t know about any of them. Except maybe Mary J. Big is who puff been living off of since the 90s....

Back
Top Bottom