RAP GOD VOL OD

LOL at even comparing the Eminem track and the Kanye one.

Eminem hasn't changed one but in basically 15 years. As an avid fan of music, creativity and artistic expression challenging the listener, I cannot take anything Eminem does seriously anymore. He is a caricature whose core fan base is middle-American blandness.

Pass x1000

LOL at even comparing the Eminem track and the Kanye one.

Eminem hasn't changed one but in basically 15 years. As an avid fan of music, creativity and artistic expression challenging the listener, I cannot take anything Eminem does seriously anymore. He is a caricature whose core fan base is middle-American blandness.

Pass x1000

He came out as a caricature. It's just that you might have matured faster than his music. Me looking at My Name Is... I was turned off instantly.

Em hot and selling because he is white? So that explains why bubba sparx, paul wall, vanilla ice, asher roth, and mac miller have had such long and platinum filled careers. Oh wait...........

If this is the best way that some of you can come up with to discredit em, then I don't know what to say. The thread with all the overhyped dudes with dollar signs for the letter S in their names is that way.

Some of you are too close to the situation to get it. Em is a dope rapper, but him being white has helped his career tremendously, as well as being aligned with Dre. He needed that co-sign. That helped separate him from Vanilla Ice or Bubba Sparx. Plus he never tried to be like 3rd Base or Paul Wall...he was always himself. He's been able to get exposure that a lot of black rappers can't...especially lyrical ones. He's been able to do things and take chances that a black rapper would have been ridiculed for. Look how Em's drug problem is treated compared to DMX's.

I think some of his career has been because he had to do it, he had to diss the Christina's and Brittney's, because he would have faced backlash because he is a white rapper. It was still him flexing, and it also helped his popularity for young kids who hated pop music...even though Em is the definition of pop. That's why a lot of what Lord Jamar said was right. Em has always treated rap as if he was a guest, and he knows this. We've never gotten his opinion on other rappers. I've wanted him to be deeper. Em is 40 now. It's the same way people want more from Jay.

I think Em is a dope emcee, but his music was never my taste...because I can't really relate. He relates more to the outcast and people who grew up like him. He represents the white struggle.

So I can listen to this song and think it's dope, especially how it's a trip through a lot of eras in hip hop, but not find it very listenable...because most of the time I find Em's beats to be wack *** ****.

Last edited:
I think the rappers Em considers dope are the ones he directly collaborated with. Well...not current Eminem, but post Re-Up Em. Now he's doing songs with people he surely would've went after in 03 or 2000.

Last edited:
alot of people always say why Eminem never dissed any rappers and only pop stars, it's because most of the MC's are pretty much scared they will get dismantled in a lyrical standpoint. Fabolous even stated he would never want Eminem to diss him, he knows he's a problem :lol:

Last edited:
It's the same as when people say they can't relate to Jay-z cause all he raps about is being rich. When in reality Jay-z actually has some deeper songs in his arsenal. Not every Eminem song is about him being silly or being a caricature.....eg.

The way I am (Angry side of em)

Stay wide awake (Darker side of em)

Mosh (more political side)

Superman (More angry em, nothing about this song is a caricature)

When I'm gone  and Beautiful (softer em)

Till I Collapse, Rap God, many other-purely lyrical em

Bezerk/ Just lose it (corny humorous, em)

Dude has more range in subject matter than most rappers out there.

Now they bring up Eminem being able to get away with rapping about drug problem? Here's a long list of negative crap black rappers have gotten away with over the years.

1. Getting arrested MULTIPLE times

2. Rape and misogyny

3. Violence

4. Glorifying drugs

But yea eminem was the first one to live it and tell it? The way some black people treat Eminem is the way I suspect racist white people look at Obama. Nothing he does will ever be right, and most importantly they get on him for what a lot of other people are doing. 

LOL there are several interviews and songs where Eminem pays homage to rappers he respects, and like dude said above it's in his collabos. Eminem is openly a fan of Nas, Jay-z, and other people in his echelon of rap. He shows a lot of love to wack-***** Detroit rappers too no names. Eminem seems like he's as much of a rap fan as he is an artist.

Yea I'm a Stan dude had to fight his way up my top 15 MCs since he came out, he's currently at top 5.

Last edited:
You can't have a conversation about Eminem the same way you can't with a Tupac stan...because they can't see outside of their fandom.

I wasn't talking about Em rapping about drugs. I'm talking about the way DMX is thought of as a crackhead, which has hampered his career. If he made a song about overcoming his addictions, it wouldn't be praised. But Em's image is more carefully crafted, from the blonde hair, to him leaving the public eye when he got fat and was battling drugs.

And Em raps about misogyny, violence, drugs also.

And black rappers haven't gotten away with anything, they've wanted to push that imagery...because it only harms one community...the one they don't care about.

He knows what he's doing from the elton john **** to him making the gay remarks again...it gets attention for his album. And he is attacked for that because he is white...because a black rapper would never be taken to task for disparaging gays. It goes both ways.

And please don't compare Em to Obama again.

Back
Top Bottom