Rap Music thoughts/theories.... Vol. is a brother going insane

Discussion in 'General' started by shoxbb433, Mar 1, 2009.

1. shoxbb433

shoxbb433

You probably came in here to tell me that this belongs in the music forum. I felt like posting here, because I honestly don't think most of the fanboys inthe music forum would feel what I have to say. Open your eyes yall, i too was once blind/ignorant.

Rap/Hip-hop today seems like it has come down to whoever sells the most drugs and has the most money. Black people, is this what we have amounted to? To me, itseems like there are rich evil people behind the music industry, who continue to put this trash out because general population has no choice but to accept it.Why do we continue to glorify these dudes who do nothing but hurt our community, degrade our women, and mislead our youth.

I know im contradicting myself with my Weezy avy, but I was an ignorant fan back when i put this up. Is there anybody who feels me or am I just crazy?

2. flyny

flyny

I agree with you 100% I cant mess with Rap today..Honestly..If you look at my ipod..Youll see 0 of this new garbage
    All this Wayne, Gucci Maine %%*$ is garbage..The south ruined hip hop, and Jim Jones and these skull wearing !#$!!%%!$$@#! aint making it better
    Rick Ross is a fraud
    Wayne is trash
    Thats just my opinion [​IMG]

But soon the renaissance will come..
    Everything makes a 360..The east created it, then it went to the west, then midwest if you may say, Now the south[​IMG]..Give it a little time..We'll get it back
    Peep the avy[​IMG][​IMG]

3. carlosdapaperboy

carlosdapaperboy

The dude in your avy is part of the problem OP.....

4. abeautifulhaze

abeautifulhaze

5. powfo

powfo

Most people want to be entertained, not educated when they listen to rap. I'm not saying you're wrong, but that's the truth.

6. datznasty

datznasty

I don't mess with rap like that anymore either. I'm still messing with nothing but romantic r'n'b

7. carlosdapaperboy

carlosdapaperboy

why don't u change it then.....

8. shoxbb433

shoxbb433

did u read my post, I know this. I no longer support dude anymore. And flyNY, Nas is cool for the most part, but he sold his soul just like the rest of them[​IMG]

9. datznasty

datznasty

I always wish I could somehow be given the keys to B.E.T. I swear I could make it more respectable without changing it so much that kids don't want towatch it and therefore defeating the purpose.

10. rko2004

rko2004

I feel you. I was the same way. I used to be a 50 fan until I started paying attention to dudes tactics and I can't support that. Drugs and degrading womenare looked at as cool but it really isn't.

11. shoxbb433

shoxbb433

white people, yes... But to some, it's all they know. I see kids emulating these dudes every move. And they think thats what they are SUPPOSED to be doing.

12. abeautifulhaze

abeautifulhaze

Viacom has an agenda. B.E.T. can never be rectified.

We need to start our own media outlets.

13. dearwinter219

dearwinter219

As a rapper who TRIES to push decent, semi-conscious music with a message, I can relate... [​IMG]

14. shoxbb433

shoxbb433

we really do, but i don't think its possible[​IMG]

15. mideastbeast

mideastbeast

I feel you, kind of.

We got a bunch of lames living out fantasies in their music and it's getting played out. That's why I listen to classic and underground hip hop most ofthe time.

For example, when Wayne/Dipset blew up you had kids here in NYC Jr High and HS yellin "suwoop" and playing make-believe bloods [​IMG] Kids don't evenknow the first thing about gangbanging [​IMG] Funny because even wayne admitted he doesn't know anything himself [​IMG]

I mean, some of it is ok. A few club tracks.. a few southern songs that go hard in the whip... that's fine. Now almost everything is either that type oftrash or lames that look like they walked out of a WDYWT thread tryna' sing Hannah Montana soft type joints and they get hailed as rap saviors. [​IMG]

Judging by your avy, you probably have been listening to the mainstream teeny bop trash so that's why you made this post. Hit me up on PM and I'llschool you on "real" rap.

16. rko2004

rko2004

Its going to be very difficult for you but I respect that. Didn't B.E.T block a rapper or group who was positive a few years back?

Another thing that's crazy that will blow your mind if you think about it is how everything runs together. But I digress[​IMG]

17. lurkin2long

lurkin2long Banned

this topic stupid if you ask me

I love Killa Cam, Hell Rell, Philly Freck type music

18. abeautifulhaze

abeautifulhaze

Yes we can. Easily.

That self-defeatist attitude is one of our biggest problem.

Something like that isn't even hard to accomplish...it just takes desire and combining resources.

19. abeautifulhaze

abeautifulhaze

it all starts at home.

my rap sheet sqeaky clean.

Most of the kids that are being affected don't have a home.

20. creamofdacrops

creamofdacrops

yeah, i don't get why some people wanna be from the ghetto, like i live in the suburbs now and people here try to act ghetto like it's a good thing...

21. oidreez

oidreez

dbl

22. oidreez

oidreez

ehh i can agree with you but im 21 and know the difference between right and wrong. music is just entertainment to me

23. lurkin2long

lurkin2long Banned

abeautifulhaze............................

it all starts at home. so yea i understand what you saying.

im just bein 100% real. I love that gangsta, shoot em up, sell crack music over hot beats.

rap is entertainment to me. word to diplomatic immunity which is a CLASSIC.

nas, lupe, talib...........

yea das coo..........................but give me some of that Uncle Murda type *$%&%

24. abeautifulhaze

abeautifulhaze

Thats cool that you like that but if that is the sub-genre of music is dominating the artform...there is a problem.

Its like every major movie release being a Steven Seagal film....Yeah I like violent action movies...but something is up if an immensely powerful form ofexpression is forced into a small, ignorant and repetitive box the way Hip-Hop has.

25. doublejs07

doublejs07

As long as people of color continue to support and glorify stereotypes, there won't be a change in many of these trends. You got rappers PORTRAYING alifestyle that many of them don't lead at all. It's the sheep who eat up every word and action by their favorite rapper that you have to worry about.These are the consumers who can't decipher between fiction and reality. They are believing that Rick Ross is controlling all of the cocaine going in andout of Miami. They are believing that Little Wayne is a bonafide crip/blood, or whatever he's claiming to be for this week. Going back to the drug talk(for the sheep), don't you think that the feds would be more involved in certain rappers lives if what they were saying was true? These guys are almostlike characters in WWE. They are the heels/faces of the music industry. However, once the day is over they go home and lead a semi-normal life until they haveto get back into "character" in order to push album sales. You got kids thinking crack sales are cool because a guy like Ross says so. However, likeI said before...these are the sheep who can't decipher between what is real and what isn't.

Many communities are being destroyed because of the infatuation people have with the celebs they see on MTV, BET, etc. Thinking the drug trade, pimping women,etc is the fast way to attaining jewels, the benz on 24's, or the latest gucci or LV outfit. I mean you have people who take Jeezys word as the gospel, cantell you all the members of the Byrd Gang, but can't tell you whats going on with the economy or who some of their local leader are. It's a sad state,and I hope that things can improve.

Going back to the stereotypes, how content are you in seeing a guy like Flavor Flav licking fried chicken grease off his fingers while selecting a +$%#$ to behis "queen." Women with no decorum, men with no sense of manners, etc etc are becoming the social norms in which people are NOT up in arms over.It's offensive, but you see the same type of scenarios (stereotyping) play out on other avenues of media.

I've been bored with rap music for quite some time now. I will say, that my stance on the current state of hip-hop HAS opened my eyes to music in othergenres. For example, I decided to check out some Daft Punk. This is a group that I wasn't too familiar with, but I'm digging everything that I'mhearing so far. It's not that I was so wrapped up into rap music that I couldn't listen to anything else, rather I just never really tried to listen tostuff outside of my musical "box." I dunno....I hope things can improve in hip-hop, but I have my doubts. Artists are lazy, and the ones with talentwho are TRUE the craft are struggling to get noticed. I think of the skit on Wale's 100 Miles and Running Mixtape where he has a phony record exec. callhim and say he would hit the big time if he had some sort of dance, or put "Lil," or "Young" in front of his name. As long as peoplecontinue to support this garbage, things won't change. Stereotypes are accepted, and not nearly enough people are making a stand to make a change. Itstarts with the consumer. Don't watch MTV, BET, etc...don't support the crap you see or hear by giving your $ to these artists pockets. It's timeto smarten up, and try to make a difference....