Rape victims offer advice to today's college wome

Discussion in 'General' started by lazy b, Dec 16, 2009.

1. lazy b

lazy b

2. mangudai954

mangudai954

They had these facts posted around the dorm I use to work in. I still cant believe it... 1 out of 5? [​IMG][​IMG]

3. goinham

goinham Banned

the article focuses too much on putting the bulk of the blame on the schools for unreported rapes

but you said it best in your commentary on the whole piece

DONT MESS WITH DRUNK GIRLS

4. mytmouse76

mytmouse76

Wish more females knew this. It's cool to have fun but
    you gotta be responsible. I don't know what I'd do if this happened to one of my friends.

5. dwyanewadeog

dwyanewadeog

1/5...
    thats mighty high. I bet guys get raped more "by definition" but dont report/dont care that it happened. im talking strictly sex/rape when one partyis blacked out and doesnt remember it.

6. kicktionair

kicktionair

Do chicks themselves consider it rape?

If she's drunk and you too then whats the deal

guess if she moans "no"

then you better bounce

7. goinham

goinham Banned

i thought the same thing fam.

i really do wonder how many of these rapes are the she was drunk, but he wasnt as drunk as her so he took advantage of her kind of rape.

8. bjamez20

bjamez20

it really is disgusting what goes down when 1 or both parties are blacked out. they need to teach this stuff in a freshman seminar or something

9. oidreez

oidreez

they probably do.

10. bjamez20

bjamez20

they don't teach it at ASU. they have a big assembly that they make all of greek life go to that talks about it, but that counts for what, 5%of the student body?

11. lazy b

lazy b

They don't teach stuff like this at freshman forums. The only information that they use is posted on fliers but who really looks at them? Theyexpect the parents to teach them this.

12. mangudai954

mangudai954

Not true..I know that some colleges do in fact teach them these things.

13. socaking

socaking

14. frostythepoptart

frostythepoptart

this subject angers me more than any others.

i drink i have the common sense that nobody is going to convince me to jump off a building.

drinking should not mean you are a helpless irresponsible out of control of your body.

rape = regret next morning. we do things we don't normally do when we drink.

if i talk to have sex with an ugly or fat girl because I was drunk it was still me, I didn't get raped.

i may wake up and cant believe my actions / regret it but again it all falls on me, clouded judgment and in the end I wanted sex however it may be. You dontwant to do something your not gonna do it.

Drunk or not.

I'm not smoking drunk, doing any drugs, or being convinced to be an idiot.

Most people dont go to parties solo anyway so they have a buddy system.

15. kakashi

kakashi Banned

i learned this in philosophy class. that there's a low chance for conviction if alcohol was involved and the female reported the crime to hadhappen in the defendant's home.

16. dirtylicious

dirtylicious Administrator

17. seymore cake

seymore cake

I'm flabbergasted... Is this really how your mind processes this topic? [​IMG]

18. dcallamerican

dcallamerican

I just think too many females put themselves in unsafe situations.

Not placing the blame on them because I personally know some folks that have been touched in ways that weren't cool. But the situations I HAVE HEARD OF, Ialways seem to think to myself, "Girl what were you thinking to even put yourself in that situation in the first place." Constant teasing and leadingdudes on. You can do things like that.

PLEASE I am NOT condoning rape at all so don't come at me funny.

19. spsfinest212

spsfinest212

damn so we blaming girls for getting raped now NT? [​IMG]

20. DownByLaw

DownByLaw

I have read some outlandish idiotic stuff on nt in the 6 years I have been a member, but this here takes the cake as the stupidest !%@@ ever saidon nt.

21. mytmouse76

mytmouse76

This is why it goes unreported so much. Assuming it's regret or she some how asked for it. The fact that women have had to sit across from their attackeris absolutely ridiculous. I agree you have to responsible and aware of your surroundings but no one ever asks to be raped.

22. juju

juju

man i dont even initiate hugs with girls im friends with. my biggest fear is one day some snow flake i messed with hitting me with the rape story cause ipissed her off. rape is horrible, the only thing worst than raping a chick though is a chick tell tall stories on dudes.

also whoever said that you dont do things you dont want to do drunk, thats not true at all. you know how many times ive wanted to blow a chicks back out andshes willing and able but i dont specifically because she is drunk? i dont care if 100 people hear her proclaim she wants me to D her down, i dont mess withdrunk chicks at all.

23. dirtylicious

dirtylicious Administrator

^warned - use of term "snow flake"

24. lrrr

lrrr Banned

I didn't bother reading the rest but its like throwing meat for the wolves and expecting them not to eat...

25. frostythepoptart

frostythepoptart

ehh. Rape was originally in my mind some violent forced sexual assault. I just can't rock with having fun for a night, both parties drinking,both parties enjoying and ecouraging each others company and the next morning someone is crying rape.

If a girl can't walk straight from drinking or is stumbling over the place, roofied, or is violently forced I see that as rape. Crazy that the same chicksmiling while you're having sex, telling you to call tomorrow can flip the script the next morning and change your whole life. and the whole don't messwith drunk girls, because somehow I'm responsible for all of my actions as well as all of the girls actions is stupid. I dont know too many sober people atparties preying on drunks.