Rappers that ramble...Unappreciation.

Rambling = Incoherent; Lengthy and confused or inconsequential. Basically rappers that just say anything into a mic because it rhymes. Nothing quote worthy about it, rhymes all over the place with no real meaning or substance,

Top 10 Worst Offenders

10. Rick Ross - He's gotten better at focusing on specific topics as of late. Before he would be all over the place in a verse.
09, Big Sean - Limited subject matter but still finds a way to just go from topic to topic with no real effort to connect any of it.
08. A$AP Rocky - I really only mess with dude because of his beats. His flows are all borrowed and he doesn't rap about anything.
07. 2 Chainz / Titty Boi - Props to dude for blowing up finally but I can barely tolerate a verse, much less a whole song. Never an album.
06. Meek Mill - Dude just raps about random **** that comes to mind. Does MMG have a QC department?
05. Kid Cudi - Not terribly familiar with his "music" but his verse at the end of "Christion Dior Denim Flow" still pisses me off.
04. Wiz Khalifa - Another rapper who only flourishes because of his beats. Never heard broham spit a hot 16. Love his mixtapes tho.
03. Tyga - How do people know the words to a Tyga song? The most generic, corny **** I've ever heard.
02. Lil Wayne - He makes me reconsider if hip-hop is actually still an art form. Beyond words how horrible he is.
01. The Game - Why do people even bother memorizing his lyrics? It's less than nothing. Dude has no artistic merit.

Honorable Mention: Wale. I'm not even one of those NT cats that dislike dude for some strange reason. I really just can't get into his flow. It's actually bizarre to me. Take a song like "Tatts On My Arm" for example....can you sum up exactly what that song is about? Why does he put so many unnecesarry words into his bars? Just strange to me.

This is on point! Lol I couldn't say it better myself I would switch 1 and 2 though.

Ill say Tyga, before his song starts "Light Dreams", he says "just writing down words" lol

To be on the opposite, Nas is GREATTT on staying on subject while having a good verse

Having Cudi on there means you don't listen to his music.
And no Curren$y :rofl:

Yeah I'm not a Cudi fan in the slightest. Friends have tried to put me on time and time again but I always end up asking myself why am I listening to this.

Curren$y and Freeway are the only respectable ramble rappers IMO. Somehow it works for them and both have demonstrated that they can zero in on a topic and kill it, multiple times.

To be on the opposite, Nas is GREATTT on staying on subject while having a good verse
Nas is the god of staying on subject and rapping with a focused effort.

wiz khalifa verses are very focused he usually on raps about money or weed
While true, none of the money or weed bars are especially memorable. There's no story, no message, just Hey, I'm extremely rich and extremely high and you're a hater. Come on man.

Out of that list I really only respect Cudi & Game. None of those rappers have a story other than "I was broke now I'm rich so I'm better than you. Listen to all the stuff I do and how your girlfriend will fornicate with me"

Know what you mean OP. But sometimes it can be tolerable depending on what else the artist is bringing to the table.

No Cam'ron? He's the godfather of this. If it wasn't for him this wouldn't happen at all.

With the goons I spar
Stay in tune with ma
She like, "damn
This the realest since 'Kumbaya'"
Bomaye, Killa Cam, my lord
Still the man with the pan
Scrilla fan, oh boy and
*****, they want to neuter me
******, they want to Judah me
The hooligan in Houlihan's
Maneuvering's nothin' new to me
Doggy, I'm from the land of grind
Pan pan: gram or dime?
Not toes or MC
When I say "Hammertime"
Beef: I hammer mine
When I get my hands on Nines
If I had on 'Bama line
Corduroys, Cam will shine
Canary burgundy:
I call it "Lemon Red"
Yellow diamonds in my ear
Call em "Lemonheads"
Lemonhead end up dead
Ice like Winnipeg
Gemstones, Flinstones
You could say I'm friends with Fred
You unhappy scrappy?
I got Pataki at me
***** say I'm "tacky daddy"
Range look like Laffy Taffy

Last edited:
No Cam'ron? He's the godfather of this. If it wasn't for him this wouldn't happen at all.

With the goons I spar
Stay in tune with ma
She like, "damn
This the realest since 'Kumbaya'"
Bomaye, Killa Cam, my lord
Still the man with the pan
Scrilla fan, oh boy and
*****, they want to neuter me
******, they want to Judah me
The hooligan in Houlihan's
Maneuvering's nothin' new to me
Doggy, I'm from the land of grind
Pan pan: gram or dime?
Not toes or MC
When I say "Hammertime"
Beef: I hammer mine
When I get my hands on Nines
If I had on 'Bama line
Corduroys, Cam will shine
Canary burgundy:
I call it "Lemon Red"
Yellow diamonds in my ear
Call em "Lemonheads"
Lemonhead end up dead
Ice like Winnipeg
Gemstones, Flinstones
You could say I'm friends with Fred
You unhappy scrappy?
I got Pataki at me
***** say I'm "tacky daddy"
Range look like Laffy Taffy
umm thats pretty straight forward, blame yourself for not understanding da slang.

indifferent.gif
Where did I say that I didnt understand it, the topic of the thread is
Rambling = Incoherent; Lengthy and confused or inconsequential. Basically rappers that just say anything into a mic because it rhymes. Nothing quote worthy about it, rhymes all over the place with no real meaning or substance
Unless you're going to sit here and say that this verse was about something and had substance.

i dig his music but roc marciano spins his wheels and goes nowhere ALOT...

Damn, I never thought about that. The Coming is in my Top 10 but Busta Rhymes is definitely one of the worst ramblers of all time. :smh:

Didn't include OF/ Chief Keef because Chief Keef doesn't make music nor does he exist to me. I don't really consider what they do to be music.

Cam, eh...he has his moments but gets a slight pass for his Confessions of Fire / SDE days.

Shame on anyone ever mentioning Ghost as a rambler. Yes his rhymes in the Supreme Clientele era were all over the place but it was the most beautiful display of abstract rap in our lifetime. Top 3 for me.

Back
Top Bottom