Raptors: Player/Rookie/Coach of the month for January!!!

I know there's a Raptors thread, but this is historic!

Raptors sweep NBA monthly honours

MICHAEL GRANGE

Globe and Mail Update

The Toronto Raptors have made a clean sweep of January.

The National Basketball Association announced its monthly award winners today and they were all-Canadian, as Raptors all-star Chris Bosh was named Eastern Conference player-of-the-month; No.1 pick Andrea Bargnani was the Eastern Conference rookie-of-the-month and head coach Sam Mitchell earned coach of the month honours in the conference.

According the Raptors media relations department it's believe to be the first time a team has swept all three of the monthly awards, although no official records are kept.

"It's speaks volumes for what everyone has done. Hopefully this is just the tip," said Raptors president and general manager Bryan Colangelo. "It's gratifying."

The Raptors were recognized for their 10-5 record in January, which lifted them to a .500 record, the first time the team has been at the break-even mark since Feb.10, 2004, and earned them first place in the Atlantic Division.

Bosh averaged 25.4 points and 9.1 rebounds while shooting 54.7 per cent from the floor to become the first Raptor to earn player-of-the-month honours.

Bargnani averaged 11.1 points and 3.6 rebounds for January while shooting 39.4 per cent from the field and joining teammate Jorge Garbajosa as the second Raptor to be win the rookie award this season.

Mitchell earned coaching honours for guiding the Raptors to a 10-5 record, including 7-3 at the Air Canada Centre.

It was good month for Colangelo also: his former coach Mike D'Antoni was named Western Conference coach of the month as the Phoenix Suns went 15-1, while the Suns' Steve Nash earned player-of-the-month honours while averaging 18 points and 13 assists.

I hope this will lift the Raptors even higher and keep rolling till April.

Yeah i heard on the Score a bit earlier.

Finally getting the credit we deserve.
TEAM RAPTORS
NBA CHAMPIONS 2007

seems like RAPS unstoppable at home....crazy game last night...
"....its like CRACK to a JUNKIE...."

yeah ...GO Raptors !!!!
FS: DS size 10 AJ DMP package, DS size 10 AJ XIII low white/maize, VVVNDS AJ 11 Retro Columbia size 11, AJ XVIII towels all Brand new in blk, red, blue color.(send me ur best offer)

Congrats to the Raps organization and this success is because of Brian Colangelo
FOR TRADELOOKING FORAJXX2 sz 9.5 DS or FOAM PENNY RETRO sz 9.5 DSdOubleO @ gmail . com (just remove the spaces)

Back
Top Bottom