Rave expericances/advise

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Stay hydrated.

this, dont drink booze. just water.

have fun man !!
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif

a "rave" raves were linked to techno and trance music...which are both lame and played out.
now they're just called "private parties" i dj'd one a few months ago in an airplane hangar.

deadmau5, daft punk (remixes) and benassi are choice music...none of which are "techno"
laugh.gif

if it's a "laid back" atmosphere than you'd probably hear some crookers...

btw: kid cudi personally gave me a copy of that song in nyc like last year...dec 2008
i still bang it and no one know's who it is...or how old
pimp.gif

Keep some OJ or water by your side. Make sure the pills you pop are hitters and not some meth bombs so you can really enjoy yourself. Be prepared to see hella candy kids.

when you drink water, Sip.. DONT drink. you can get over hydrated and throw up or possibly drown. When i went to a rave i was drinking three bottles of water every thirty minutes until one of my homies caught me and told me to stop. Threw up later that night all water... Lessons learned
frown.gif

Originally Posted by bbrroowwnnssuuggaarr

Keep some OJ or water by your side. Make sure the pills you pop are hitters and not some meth bombs so you can really enjoy yourself. Be prepared to see hella candy kids.
laugh.gif
 yea i keep hearing that but thier most likely there with straight girls 

Originally Posted by HOVKid

They still got raves?  Last one I went to was in about 1995.

damn, im guessin OP was still in diapers in '95.  way to date yourself 
laugh.gif

expect to see a lot of funny stuff at a rave.  One of the funniest incidents I experienced was at an outdoor party up in the mountains back in 1998.  Even though it was in SoCal, it was cold as snot that night so they set out these hobo barrels and lit fires in em.  I never knew that a pair of jeans could catch fire without a direct flame, but some kid sitting next to me got a little bit too close to the bottom of the barrel with his ridiculously big Kikwear jeans and one of his pant legs ignited in flames.  Since everyone was high, people started going apeskizz (self included) as I unwittingly stomped ole boy out thinkin I was doin him a favor and trying to put the fire out.  To add insult to injury i dumped half a bottle of water on his pants too (as if that was enough to put a fire out).  The kid ended up with a burnt half pair of wet jeans and a buncha bruises and cuts up and down his leg from where I was stomping him.  Funny thing is, the kid thanked me afterwards for helping him out.

i'm with hovkid on this one...they still have raves? my rave days were form like 97-2001...i've djayed at a few in the recent years and you can't reeally consider those raves...i've been to them in chicago...arizona...florida..california...i would have to say in my experience socal raves were the best...but now it's just usually massives..like electric daisy carnival...nocturnal wonderland...but i'm sure you can find some local parties here and there...

Originally Posted by mheftman

2 items to bring...

vicks.jpg

i remember when my cousin put me on this while i was thizzin, had me on another level. bring some tree also if ur a smoker.

get massages from random bad females at the rave, they love giving massages.

don't forget to get some lightshows.

Originally Posted by tecca nena

If its big wear a costume! chix will be all over you!
if raves today are anything like they were in the late 90's, then this man speaks TRUTH.

I used to get all dressed up for Monster Massive (Halloween massive in SoCal) and you wouldn't believe the attention you get.  Like shooting fish in a barrel.

As far as general tips go, most have already been noted.  Be sure to stay hydrated and dont go too crazy with the party favors.

Bring extra cigarettes (even if you dont smoke).  I swear its like Prison (not that I've been) but cigarettes are a hot commodity, especially later in the evening/early morning when everyone else has smoked their pack.  Easiest way to chat someone up cause people definitely will be tryin to bum smokes off you if they know you holdin.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One of the best times of my life...
pimp.gif
[/font]

Originally Posted by jayswisz

ETD POP MAY 29th woooo
I'm going! Stocking up on kandi
tongue.gif

Flamesuit on but I'm going sober. I've never popped pills and I sure as hell wouldn't want to pop at a rave as my first time. I hate drinking and smoking will just make me wanna chill which is the complete opposite behavior expected at these events.

But OP: If you plan on taking any drugs, stay hydrated, use a pacifier. You won't look stupid. Wear minimal clothing because it WILL be hot.

I KNOW you are not showing up to a rave without these:

glowsticks.jpg

and you know you are wearing these:

jnco2.jpg

Also, word to Mojodmonkey1...bring mad cigarettes.  I used to smoke mad cigarettes on E and it is an easy way to srat getting down with chicks.

Also bring candy if you can....chicks will be all over you.

Don't bring weed even though one dude on here said to do so.  You won't need that.

Last peice of advice:

Do not, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, crush the E and snort it.  me and my dudes thought we were being cool one time and crushed it and snorted it off a skateboard deck.  Worst experience of my life.  After it finally ended, I wondered whyit went so bad and I unded up sitting in a corner all paranoid all night, and I realized you got crazy drugs in E.  Its one thing to ingest them but you put that crap right into your brain, its over.  

I still can't believe raves still exist.

Back
Top Bottom