Raven Symone officially comes out the closet

Raven-Symonè appears to have put long-held rumors about her sexual orientation to rest when she tweeted that she can "finally get married" and thanked the government for it.

Of course, it's a safe assumption that the 27-year-old actress is referring to the Supreme Court's decision to overturn The Defense of Marriage Act back in June, which will allow same same-sex marriages to be recognized by the Federal government -- and that just this week Minnesota and Rhode Island became the latest states to legalize same sex marriage.

In the past, Symonè has been much more private about her personal life. The last time the Internet lit up with rumors that she was gay was when she tweeted:

"My sexual orientation is mine, and the person I'm datings to know. I'm not one for a public display of my life,"

The Huffington Post reached to a representative for Raven-Symonè, who declined to comment on the tweet.

UPDATE: In a statement, Symonè told E! News :

"I am very happy that gay marriage is opening up around the country and is being accepted. I was excited to hear today that more states legalized gay marriage. I, however am not currently getting married, but it is great to know I can now, should I wish to."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/02/raven-symone-comes-out_n_3697024.html

didin't see this one coming at all, congrats to her i guess :lol:

damn raven, say it ain't so.  and this bish is only 27?!  i feel so very old 
mean.gif
 also i am not pleased, LOOK at those.

Back
Top Bottom