Ready Player One Thread|Ready Player Two Book OUT NOW|

i think most of it just needed clearance to be used with little to no compensation other than free advertising for the character

with millions watching it, that's just free marketing or new eyes to the old pop stuff that can get discovered by the new generation

plus with Spielberg calling, many aren't going to say no and many of those that own the ip just wants to be involved with the dude and probably in hopes they can call him one day and return the favor

iirc the biggest ones they couldn't get clearance for was deckard from blade runner because 2049 was coming out and ultraman which they replaced with the iron giant instead

Will be buying the book.

Loved the first book. Movie was entertaining.

read the book
waaaay before it was a movie
and i was actually entertained by the movie
im down for the second book

Read the book but wasn't too big of a fun for the movie. Wish they would have stay more true to the book

I'm in this boat, I actually hate the movie.

Interested to see where the story goes in the new book though

I really enjoyed the book, more than the movie. And while I understand that recreating all the scenes in the book would never have been possible, I really did like the Shining part. Thought that bit was really well done.

‘Ready Player Two’: Author Ernest Cline Reveals Plot Details At New York Comic Con
ready-player-two-1.jpg

couldn't wait
30 pages in and one thing is for sure.
They shouldn't make this one into a film, they couldn't handle it.

and I'm definitely digging it so far.

Just read the description. It has my attention...

How is it?
It’s an interesting read. You get both Brooks’ perspective as he investigates the incident and a first hand account of one of the members of the community. Definitely starts of slow, but when they begin to realize what's going on, it picks up pretty fast.

If you liked World War Z, you'll enjoy Brooks' writing in this one.

Back
Top Bottom