Ready Player One Thread|Ready Player Two Book OUT NOW|

811W9hHXiwL.jpg

ready-player-two-1.jpg

Based on the book written by Ernest Cline
ready-player-one-book-cover.jpg

Synopsis
When the creator of an MMO called the Oasis dies, he releases a video in which he challenges all Oasis users to find his Easter Egg, which will give the finder his fortune. Wade Watts finds the first clue and starts a race for the Egg.

Directed by Steven Spielberg
MV5BMTY1NjAzNzE1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTk0ODc0._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

The Cast
Tye Sheridan- Wade Owen Watts / Parzival
MV5BMTY1NDA5MTY0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzA3MDExOTE@._V1_UY317_CR14,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

T.J. Miller- i-R0k
MV5BMjIwMzI0NTEwMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjk4MDkxNA@@._V1_UY317_CR3,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Olivia Cooke- Samantha Evelyn Cook / Art3mis
MV5BMjIxNDUzMTQ4OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjU3MjI1MTE@._V1_UY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Mark Rylance- James Donovan Halliday
MV5BMTA1MDY3MTc2OTReQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDc2MTU1NzE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Simon Pegg- Ogden Morrow
MV5BNzMwODE1NjA3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTY5MzM2OTE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Ben Mendelsohn- Nolan Sorrento
MV5BMjA3NzcyMDcyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjQwMTczMQ@@._V1_UY317_CR4,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Hannah John-Kamen- F'Nale Zandor(new character made just for film)
MV5BMTQ2MTE3MTkzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzAyMTE1ODE@._V1_UY317_CR13,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

First still
9oxxl9kqkk9z.jpg

Teaser Trailer

Comic Con Panel

Easter Eggs from the trailer

Harley Quinn and Deathstroke
ready-player-one-credit-warner-bros.jpg

Ready Player One [Credit: Warner Bros.]
Once Wade Watts (Tye Sheridan) puts on his haptic gear, he is transported into the OASIS, where he strides past two of DC Comics' most popular characters: Deathstroke and Harley Quinn. These are likely avatars selected by other OASIS users, who can select characters from the whole of pop culture.

The Iron Giant

Wade Watts's avatar, who is named Parzival, is seen standing on a precipice with the Iron Giant from the film of the same name — and some sort of ninja, who was rumored to be one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Freddy Krueger, Locust from Gears of War, and Duke Nukem

During the action-packed battle, a Locust from Gears of War looks to be leading the charge, when he cuts down Freddy Krueger from the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise. Right after that, Duke Nukem takes aim with a rocket launcher before the scene cuts away.

Ostriches from Joust

We see a person riding a giant robot Scorpion, while the ostriches from the ‘80s arcade game Joust are running by and attacking him on all sides.

The DeLorean From Back To The Future

The DeLorean from Back to the Future is featured several times in the trailer, and is also a big part of the book. Ready Player One’s author, Ernest Cline, owns a DeLorean in real life — although, it’s a fair bet that he can’t time travel.

The Assault Rifle From Halo

For those of you familiar with Halo, the rifle this character is holding is identical to it, and much like in the game, he’s using it to mow some enemies down.

The Light Cycle From TronAnd Kaneda's Bike From Akira

There is a huge racing scene in the Ready Player One trailer, and most of the vehicles are normal cars. However, we catch images of two bikes, which are both from ‘80s science-fiction classics: Akira and Tron. We see a light cycle ripping through the city, as well as Kaneda’s bike from Akira.

The A-Team Van
DFXaoaDXsAEGIv-.jpg

An eagle-eyed Twitter user noticed that a van off in the corner of one of the scenes looked like the A-Team van, and given the era of pop-culture that Ready Player One pulls from, there is a good chance that it could be.

Last edited:
Interviews with co-Screenwriters Zak Penn and Author Ernest Cline as well as actor Ben Mendolsohn

feel like his gear that he's starting off with looks a little too store bought, felt like in the book his setup was more pieced together

feel like his gear that he's starting off with looks a little too store bought, felt like in the book his setup was more pieced together

I felt the same way, was hoping for it to look more like this
florian.jpg

Also wish they made Wade look more nerdy in terms of pimples and slightly pudgy like in the book i believe and used the actors regular face for when he's in the OASIS

Last edited:
I gotta read the book too, I hear its really good. Loving all the pop culture references in the trailer!

yeah they added a character just for the film
Hannah John-Kamen- F'Nale Zandor
MV5BMTQ2MTE3MTkzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzAyMTE1ODE@._V1_UY317_CR13,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Spielberg is removing his films from the movies plotlines and replacing them with others....

Interview with Spielberg before the trailer was shown. The entire comic con panel is in the OP

First look at Olivia Cooke's Character Art3mis
first-look-at-olivia-cooke-as-art3mis-in-ready-player-one1

Pictured above is Tye Sheridan as Wade Watts and Olivia Cooke as Samantha Evelyn Cook, and speaking to Empire, Cooke says the experience was something approaching a virtual dream come true. “It felt like pure adventure,” the Me And Earl And The Dying Girl star tells us. “It was Willy Wonka, it was Indiana Jones. When you’re a kid wanting to be an actor, the idea of working with [Spielberg] sounds absurd. It was surreal.”

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/ready-player-one-exclusive-new-look-spielberg-latest/

Last edited:
last book i read was pattern recognition years ago. is this book an excellent read? or should i wait for the movie?

last book i read was pattern recognition years ago. is this book an excellent read? or should i wait for the movie?

I would recommend reading it since it appears they are changing some stuff.

book is fun as hell, only took me like day and a half and I'm not a fast reader.

thanks man, imma download it and read it on my computer. it'll look like i'm doing actual work instead of watching movies/tv shows all the time.

New Images from EW's First Look Issue. New Trailer expected sunday
Link to full article, with images(in case they aren't showing up here)
http://ew.com/movies/2017/12/08/ready-player-one-first-look-photos/
000269658hr.jpg

we see one such obsessive, Wade Watts (played by Tye Sheridan) emerging from the abandoned van he uses as a home base for his OASIS gear, complete with a stationary bike for generating power and papered with articles and lore about his tech-pioneering hero: The creator of the OASIS.
000269659hr.jpg

Above, you see Wade on the street outside the Stacks that he calls home — just as a bomb blast rips through them.
000270047hr.jpg

In this sequence, Parzival is researching a clue by examining virtual-reality archival footage of James Halliday (center, behind the glass) and Ogden Morrow (Simon Pegg, far right, wearing a visor) as they create their online wonderland.
000269657hr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom