Real Deal College Football Discussion... no homers please

Man I'm glad this post was started.

John David Booty is going to win Heisman unless USC catches a L somewhere along the line. I think McFadden is going to be runner-up because look at who his quarterback is.

I hate to admit it but the Pac-10 is a little underrated. Oregon, Oregon State, and Arizona is going to be the teams that might knock off USC, Cal, or UCLA. I like Zona defense with the Cason and their linebacker(Not sure of their names).

I got to disagree with Wake Forest winning the ACC again. I think they will compete but VT or Clemson is going win it. Florida State is going to improve but they will have @ least three losses. Clemson, VT, and Florida will beat them IMO. I would say Bama being the 4th but they have to many problems going on with their team right now.
check the sig btw.............

For Sale:
Jordan DMP Size 10.5 575 Shipped
Washington Nats x Major DC New Era Size 7 5/8s 40 shipped
Nike AM95 Hunt Pack DS Size 12.5 70 Shipped

watch out for Big Ben #7 from UCLA at the QB spot, went to high school with the dude, and if he stays healthy, first round pick in the
'08 draft, you're not the best QB in the nation BY FAR your JR year of high school for no reason ...
This is the only thing that I'm good at...
I am the bad guy, Kryptonite: The Green Chronic​
D O D G E R S

Slight homerism, but I'm just excited for Clemson-FSU on Labor Day. Should be a great, but tough, way to open the season.
TEAMNEWYORKMETSget busy livin or get busy dyin, that's g-ddamn right
EMAIL:DDOTSEVEN@GMAIL.COM

I so miss college football right now.. 8 more weeks is just too long a wait , but in the words of Tony Soprano..

"Whatta ya gunna do ?"

..... wait

I would however like to contribute my opinions to the thread --Please understand that i live in Florida and will only comment on teams i know a little about..

1st whoever said Wake Forest would win the ACC again is crazy.. they had a good year in 06 and my congrats to them.. but that team was nothing but fifth year seniors .. 7-4 at best this year..

Interesting things to watch...

1) Florida State...

---Complete five-star coaching overall at FSU....

Jimbo Fisher ( off coord. & QB coach )
Jim Trickett (OL coach)
Lawrence Dawsey (receivers coach)
Dexter Carter (RB coach)
Todd Stroud ( Strength and conditioning coach )
Chuck Amato (LB coach)

Can this new leadership turn them back into a national contender ? Antone Smith will be the player to watch this year , named RB #1 in a system without shared time , so maybe FSU will see a running game for the first time since the 90's.

Also look to see Greg Carr moved to a situational only receiver , he actaully lost his starting job in the spring to Preston Parker , and i think he will be used more in red zone and third down situations , as his blocking still lacks to be an everydown wideout.

As for the QB's ... smh .. hopefully Fisher will do with Lee what he did with JaMarcus Russell.. only time will tell

2) University of Florida

Tim Tebow's QB #1 role... He showed good promise last spring , Lighting up the defense with his southpaw arm , but UF's defense lost some leadership to the NFL and it will be interseting to see how this team responds after a national championship that no one thought they could win. I look for the continued progression of Percy Harvin.. this guy is a true all around weapon , and will definitely keep UF in the hunt for SEC title.

3) University of Miami

Randy Shannon's new role as Top Dog in a program with a past as colorful as it gets.. from National Title Hopes , to murdered 4-star linemen , on-field riots and fired local radio announcers , Banners flying over the OB stating FIRE Cocher , and all that just in 2006 !

Can Javarris James live up to the expectations of his name ? So far this year he has solidified the #1 spot at RB and could see 07 as his breakout year...at the QB position , its about as bad as up-in-the-air as FSU.. Wright will have a chance to proe himself , but fans will not accept another season like '06

Also their new OFF coord , Pat Nix , played ironically under Tommy and Terry Bowden at auburn and also played for Jimbo Fisher (possible slight edge for Oct.20th showdown?)

-------

best matchups of Sept.

Sept. 3rd FSU vs. Clemson
Sept 8th Miami vs. Oklahoma (noon)
---------------Oregon vs. Michigan (3:30)
----------------V-Tech vs. LSU (9:15)
Sept. 15th Tennesee vs. Florida
Sept. 20th Texas A&M vs. Miami
Sept. 29th Alabama vs. FSU
------------------Auburn vs. Florida

Heisman prediction... JD Booty.. only because he'll be on the winningest team.. smh at Heisman criteria
Auctions- size 12 HEAT -- SPACEJAMS XI, White Cement III , Lebron Rookie jerseys ..click here !!! !
TEAM SEMINOLES
antone smith , greg carr , xavier lee , andre fluellen , geno hayes , myron rolle , marcus ball​

Quote:
Heisman prediction... JD Booty.. only because he'll be on the winningest team.. smh at Heisman criteria

Its so true though. All these people saying McFadden is going to win it, but Arkansas is not a good team thus killing his heisman chances. He might be the best player in college football, but if your not leading your team to championships the heisman tends to over look you.

Mizzou in the Big XII North :rofl:
roll.gif

Gary Pinkell :x
sick.gif
Quote:
no homers please

Ooops just read that. On the real though, Mizzou is garbage.

michigan folks... u guys hear anything about you guys not wanting to extend the series with ND.. because i've heard rumblings out of ND that suggest that...

also, what do you think are your chances with filer and baldwin?
[color=003300]E[/color][color=255025]q[/color][color=6e8b6e]u[/color][color=92a892]i[/color][color=b7c5b7]p[/color][color=dbe3db]o[/color]TR[color=ffb7b7]I[/color][color=ff9292]c[/color][color=ff6e6e]o[/color][color=ff4949]l[/color][color=ff2525]o[/color][color=ff0000]r[/color]​
T E A M M I D W E S T
Reppin the 260
FLO holdin down Indiana​

Quote:
michigan folks... u guys hear anything about you guys not wanting to extend the series with ND.. because i've heard rumblings out of ND that suggest that...

also, what do you think are your chances with filer and baldwin?

Not true about us not wanting to continue the ND series. Bill Martin commented on it a couple weeks ago and was basically saying that him and the ND Athletic director are trying to figure it out right now. Its like FSU/UF, you just gotta keep it going.

On the recruiting side of things Baldwin is like 50/50. I think he's down to six now and the rumor that was going around about him being a big ND lean is false.

Not sure whats going on with Filer. Not in AA right now and havent been down to Schembe to see whats up in a month or so... Newbs will probably be able to come in here and provide some info

Sorry for the homerism Craftsy..

Im really not feeling the new field. I mean, to change from natural grass was good, but the look is :\
ohwell.gif
snap_c1_160.jpg

Quote:
Pac-10 is year in and year out the most underrated conference in the nation
:rofl:
roll.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif

TEAM YOU'RE NOT SMASHING
"It was all a dream, go clean yourself up."
DOLPHINS GATORS HEAT HURRICANES

Quote:
Any Mich fans/our opponents that want tix to any of Michigan's home games... I have a full set of season tickets that I'm willing to sell. Might have 2 or 3 more individual tickets for select games as well.
snap_c1_160.jpg
:x
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
BOTH TEAMS PLAYED HARD
GOD BLESS AND GOOD NIGHT

Andruw, your word is...Andrew!​

Man I'm glad this post was started.

John David Booty is going to win Heisman unless USC catches a L somewhere along the line. I think McFadden is going to be runner-up because look at who his quarterback is.

I hate to admit it but the Pac-10 is a little underrated. Oregon, Oregon State, and Arizona is going to be the teams that might knock off USC, Cal, or UCLA. I like Zona defense with the Cason and their linebacker(Not sure of their names).

I got to disagree with Wake Forest winning the ACC again. I think they will compete but VT or Clemson is going win it. Florida State is going to improve but they will have @ least three losses. Clemson, VT, and Florida will beat them IMO. I would say Bama being the 4th but they have to many problems going on with their team right now.
check the sig btw.............

For Sale:
Jordan DMP Size 10.5 575 Shipped
Washington Nats x Major DC New Era Size 7 5/8s 40 shipped
Nike AM95 Hunt Pack DS Size 12.5 70 Shipped

I love it...

Three people quoted my "Pac-10 is underrated" and of the 3...NOT ONE OF THEM HAD ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT IT!!!!

Which, is typical...

Niketalk is no different that a dumbass LSU coach, stupid-@#%$ comments with no substance to back it up...

SEC is ALWAYS overrated, along with the Big-10...just watch...keep track of how many Pac-10 teams move UP polls and how many SEC / Big-10 teams move DOWN the polls...

It happens every year...no one wants to take about it because the majority of the CFB fans live in the Southeast and ESPN caters to them...hyping up SEC football to improve their own ratings...rednecks aren't going to stay up until 1:00am Sunday to watch a Pac-10 game after drinking all-day watching the SEC play 7-3 and 10-2 baseball (I mean, Football) games..

JM

jmadidas2001@earthlink.net

:lol:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

the Pac 10 was severly underated last season rite?
Cal, UCLA, & Oregon O, uh huh ... |I
tired.gif

:\
ohwell.gif

and the way u speakin, the Pac 10's crown jewel team USC did win it all last season correct? :nerd:
nerd.gif
1 win team in their conference, rite? but hey, they beat Washington :nerd:
nerd.gif

Pac 10s best teams : USC, Cal & Oregon St. 11-2 10-3 10 -3 respectively the next best record is 7-6
here comes more Icons for you :x
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Quote:
Real Deal College Football Discussion... no homers please

was the name of the thread, but of course you still stepped foot in here with your usual Pac 10 is the best conference hype

The Andre Berto Movement
Get Down or Lay Down

damn how you gonna compare the pac-10 to the sec? :smh:
smh.gif
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
we all know the sec was the best conference last year. cant anyone hate on the sec last year but the acc, big-10, big-12 were all trash last year. but still its always the pac-10 catching heat from peeps.

Man, I wish Cal could be on gameday, but you really can't be mad that VTech gets the spotlight after the really tragic stuff that happened. I really think that Tech team will be motivated and do some major damage in order to unite that school.

As a Pac-10 fan, I hate it when people say we're overrated, when USC continually beats the crap out of most non-conference opponents. Yes, when Cal loses to Tennessee (see last year) I can understand where the overrated talk comes from. But there are some very quality teams in there that just can't get over that hump to be a Top 5 team (though Cal got robbed by Texas, but looking back it wasn't too bad). If those quality-but-not-yet-elite Pac-10 teams (Cal, Oregon, even Arizona, UCLA) can get it together and remain in the top 15 for a whole season, I think people will show them more respect.

Cal-Tennessee is goina be BIG. If Cal loses....damn I'm gonna be hidin my face haha. I'm just hopin for a good game and Cal comes out on top. How does UT look this year?
Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
UCSD Football: Still Undefeated​

IYE2, I agree the artificial turf doesn't look that great. End zones really do suck when they're entirely colored like that. But I guess we can't blame the crappy turf for another loss to the buckeyes. :rolleyes
eyes.gif

Quote:
.no one wants to take about it because the majority of the CFB fans live in the Southeast and ESPN caters to them...hyping up SEC football to improve their own ratings...rednecks aren't going to stay up until 1:00am Sunday to watch a Pac-10 game after drinking all-day watching the SEC play 7-3 and 10-2 baseball (I mean, Football) games..

Back
Top Bottom