Real Estate Agents come in...

Discussion in 'General' started by fresh2deff, Jul 28, 2010.

1. fresh2deff

fresh2deff

How do you become a real estate agent?
    how long does it take?
    Whats your anual salary?
    thanks in advance

2. fresh2deff

fresh2deff

How do you become a real estate agent?
    how long does it take?
    Whats your anual salary?
    thanks in advance

3. skunkindunks

skunkindunks

All of that probably depends on the state you live in. Also, most real estate jobs are commission based so how much money you make depends on how hard you work.

crcballer55 likes this.
  4. skunkindunks

skunkindunks

All of that probably depends on the state you live in. Also, most real estate jobs are commission based so how much money you make depends on how hard you work.

5. mojodmonky1

mojodmonky1

^ "how hard you work" is kinda deceiving. you could be putting in a lot of time and effort and not make the sale (or purchase) which means you dont get squat.

All I know is, referrals are everything in that line of work. My real estate broker made BANK off of me and my friends with little effort. In a 6 month span she put 4 of us in a new homes with a combined purchase price of almost $3MM. My buddy found her first and then referred all of us to her (I will say that she is good at what she does). I know she had a buncha other clients as well, but damn... just from 1 group of friends in 6 months she took home damn near $90K in commissions (she and her husband own her own brokerage so they arent kickin anythin back to the house).

6. mojodmonky1

mojodmonky1

^ "how hard you work" is kinda deceiving. you could be putting in a lot of time and effort and not make the sale (or purchase) which means you dont get squat.

All I know is, referrals are everything in that line of work. My real estate broker made BANK off of me and my friends with little effort. In a 6 month span she put 4 of us in a new homes with a combined purchase price of almost $3MM. My buddy found her first and then referred all of us to her (I will say that she is good at what she does). I know she had a buncha other clients as well, but damn... just from 1 group of friends in 6 months she took home damn near $90K in commissions (she and her husband own her own brokerage so they arent kickin anythin back to the house).

7. xfile 11

xfile 11

It depends on the state.

I am licensed in Illinois and I had to take a 45 hour course then pass a test.  Once I did that I had to take the test that was administered by the state.  After I passed that I received my license.  I had it all done in a month.  The class took a week.  If you do not have that kind of time, there are many options.  I had to wait a couple weeks to take the test.

There is no salary.  I work on straight commission.  It is what you make it.  When the market was good I was an idiot and worked hard enough to party the way I wanted.  Now the market is tough and I am killing myself with work but I am having my best year ever.  It is really hard to work on only commission especially in a market like the one we are in but if you know people and have the drive you can do very well.  If I was not paying off so much debt I would be having a great year.

8. xfile 11

xfile 11

It depends on the state.

I am licensed in Illinois and I had to take a 45 hour course then pass a test.  Once I did that I had to take the test that was administered by the state.  After I passed that I received my license.  I had it all done in a month.  The class took a week.  If you do not have that kind of time, there are many options.  I had to wait a couple weeks to take the test.

There is no salary.  I work on straight commission.  It is what you make it.  When the market was good I was an idiot and worked hard enough to party the way I wanted.  Now the market is tough and I am killing myself with work but I am having my best year ever.  It is really hard to work on only commission especially in a market like the one we are in but if you know people and have the drive you can do very well.  If I was not paying off so much debt I would be having a great year.

9. destination kicks

destination kicks

^ Who're you working with? My aunt's with Baird & Warner in Chicago.

10. destination kicks

destination kicks

^ Who're you working with? My aunt's with Baird & Warner in Chicago.

11. armenexchange

armenexchange

real estate broker vs salesperson.
    im studyin in ca to take the broker test..not to pursue as a career but as a side hustle. parents buy/flip a new property every 5-10 years so commision off that and my own properties would make it well worth it.

is it true in CA you need 2 years full time work experience before u can apply for broker license test? :/

12. armenexchange

armenexchange

im studyin in ca to take the broker test..not to pursue as a career but as a side hustle. parents buy/flip a new property every 5-10 years so commision off that and my own properties would make it well worth it.

is it true in CA you need 2 years full time work experience before u can apply for broker license test? :/

13. armenexchange

armenexchange

14. armenexchange

armenexchange

15. Animal Thug

Animal Thug Moderator

Heat23...[​IMG]

16. Animal Thug

Animal Thug Moderator

Heat23...[​IMG]

17. oh you mad

oh you mad

Or have a Bachelors Degree.

18. oh you mad

oh you mad

Or have a Bachelors Degree.

19. water runs dry

water runs dry

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I just had some questions. What do you guys think of being a part-time real estate agent? I've been thinking of doing it on the side down the road - perhaps after finishing an allied health program at my local community college. Is it worth it? I'm told that to get the most of the job, you'd have to be in it full time. I totally agree as you can potentially attract more clients and they won't see someone who's in it only half the time. But is there a chance for those part-timers? Can you work as part of a team?

20. anaturalwonder

anaturalwonder

Hopefully we can keep this thread alive. I recently just passed my California Real Estate License test and am currently looking to see what the next moves are. From all my research, I've heard its extremely tough to do the job part-time. As with any other job, you want to dedicate as much time and effort into the industry as you can. 

Let me share a little about exactly where I'm at right now. I've been speaking with Keller Williams to see if I can get any type of training. I'm looking for any opportunity I can get to build a foundation into Real Estate. They have an 18-week program called "Ignite" which encompasses all the basics and fundamentals of RE. I should complete the course by the end of this year.

I can't fully commit myself to going full time. I am still looking into finding a full time job in my current profession. Ideally, I'd like to have at least 6-8 months of reserves, and then dedicate my time and effort into real estate. If I created a 3 year plan, it would look something like this:

Currently (2015): Obtain my license (October 2015) and join KW as a "Licensed Agent". 

Year 1 (2016): Save $$$ working at my current job. Meanwhile, understand the market and hopefully show open houses. Create a marketing and business plan for myself for 2017.

Year 2 (2017): Sell 5 homes.

Year 3 (2018): Completely transition into becoming a Full Time agent.

For all the veterans, what do you think of this plan? I'm trying to be as realistic as I can. I also know its good to get a head start on accumulating knowledge, networking, and finding your mentors.

Any input is appreciated. 

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015