REAL ESTATE INVESTING THREAD

Did your family save up, loans, or did you guys take advantage of a grant program.
started small i guess, dad works alot, saved up bought one property, over time is just buying when we can afford to. All about hard work and patience, start young and dont rush into buying anything. Thats just how i see it.

See a lot of talk about flipping houses, anyone here a selling agent?
Can't say I'm a selling agent but I own a condo (paid off) and am about half way through paying off a town home.  I'm not going to say they have been great investments yet because I haven't even looked to sell.  I know for what I paid for my condo, I'll get about 75-100K off of it if I sell currently.  They each serve a current purpose so not looking to sell, but you can do a lot with real-estate, depending on your intentions.  Currently the best investments I've ever gone in fully liquid, pause. 

would y'all do the whole "speculative on gentrification" type of thing for a place?

DC (in relation to the city proper, not including md or va) real estate has been hot for a while with people buying properties in transitioning areas, and even in areas before any development takes place...

I've heard Congress Heights as a source of speculation once the Coast Guard / DHS HQ is completed on the old St. Liz grounds...

some are saying due to its proximity to the metro and with the HQ development, it'll be a hot area, some are saying give it a decade, while others are saying the development will have no effect because the area is entirely too residential (unlike the mixed use developments of much of NW DC)...

those saying that Congress Heights will develop are using Anacostia as an example, which has seen a decent amour of development and is adjacent to congress heights...

just an interesting thought (i don't have enough to go in on any place but like hearing what home owners have to say)...

Last edited:
An acquaintance of mines is trying to get me to partner up with him on this property. What do you all think? [ATTACHMENT=8294]PBPortfolioApartmentInvestment.pdf (1,585k. pdf file)[/ATTACHMENT]

In the process of purchasing my 1st investment property in Acworth, Ga (near Kennesaw State University). It's a duplex so I'm getting rent from 2 tenants, each currently paying $900/month. Everything, closing costs included is $193k. My down payment is $39k and my mortgage will be a little over a $1,000.

I'm excited to be making passive income, My cousin owns some duplexes down the street from the one I'm buying and his property values have gone up alot in the last year or two. I'm going to be working with a property manager as well.

In the process of purchasing my 1st investment property in Acworth, Ga (near Kennesaw State University). It's a duplex so I'm getting rent from 2 tenants, each currently paying $900/month. Everything, closing costs included is $193k. My down payment is $39k and my mortgage will be a little over a $1,000.

I'm excited to be making passive income, My cousin owns some duplexes down the street from the one I'm buying and his property values have gone up alot in the last year or two. I'm going to be working with a property manager as well.

You pretty much did everything the right way, especially with the property manager. Should make life a whole lot easier for you. If you need any tips feel free to ask...

You pretty much did everything the right way, especially with the property manager. Should make life a whole lot easier for you. If you need any tips feel free to ask...

Thanks. I live in California so I couldn't manage the property even if I wanted to. The property manager is taking 10%, which will be about $180/month.

Anybody have any in depth detail about Subject To realty? I met a guy a few months ago who said he got into it back in 2010 and makes a killing off it. He said you don’t need much capital to get started...

Back
Top Bottom