Real Talk "BASIC" Has Gone Mainstream...Is There "BASIC" for men? #Pause

my question: is being basic race dependent?

white girl in leggings = basic

black girl in leggings = ratchet or thot

white guy in j.crew = basic

black guy in j.crew = gay or sellout

asian guy in anything = hypebeast or *******

Man hell nah

Only ratchet if you got those galaxy leggings still. That goes for all race girls.

Actually attire is part of the makings of a basic person...

Basic is because of an attitude or the way they carry themselves.

Word, a chick wearing a Michael Coors watch doesn't make her basic, but instagramming it in an 04 Mercedes E class with a salvage title, 233K miles, a tear in the driver seat leather, and air bags that don't work, while just putting 5-7 emojis as the caption is basic.

1lkydZG.jpg
\
:x :lol:
View media item 1728818

No shame but i got one of these shirts and its dope but because of how many people i see with this pattern, i dont wear it. Crazy how you think things like that dont affect your psyche but they do. 

Bruh I have a shirt in the same pattern/color. Can't go out to a bar or club without running into someone with the same shirt :lol: Even ran into a lesbian wearing it too one time.

Misusing how? What part of 'gone mainstream' are you not comprehending? It's been written about, blogged about, antagonized, parodied, embraced, etc. There is a standard set of attire deemed the 'uniform' of basic chicks.  To go one step further, if you on that wave because you think it's hot in the streets...there is a good chance you are 'basic,' regardless of the clothing.

Blogged about who? People who aren't involved in the culture and misuse slang terms? Complex taught you what basic was? You went to a blog to learn what basic meant :lol:

Basic isn't some new term.

I hate how people hear slang terms and start misusing them and applying their own definitions, because they think they know what it means. It's normally some kid in the suburbs wanting to be down. Who goes to blogs to find out about urban culture.

When someone is called a basic *****, it's not because someone is concerned about what she has on. Much less a male worried about what a female has on. :smh:

Word, a chick wearing a Michael Coors watch doesn't make her basic, but instagramming it in an 04 Mercedes E class with a salvage title, 233K miles, a tear in the driver seat leather, and air bags that don't work, while just putting 5-7 emojis as the caption is basic.

Word

I'm wondering what a guy is who is concerned about what a female or male is wearing, because absolutely nothing about that is manly.

Riding boots jeans and nice sweater are cute on girls imo

But then again I like boots and sweaters

Last edited:
Negro please

While there is somewhat of a correlation between jordans and how good a school is in the inner city, out here in the burbs alot of these white kids wear them in good schools. But they're sheep that want to fit in or be popular
Foh, pm me if you think I'm some kind of Uncle Tom of somethin.

Last edited:
Its true doe, nowadays.

Everybody that wants to have a "shoe game" is copping Jordans.
A vast majority of individuals who have ever (past, present) had an affinity for sneakers have copped Jordan's though. While they are the "it" sneaker to own nowadays, they always were when Money played in them as well. There are individuals out there that still purchase J's that aren't part of the current fucc boi movement. Leave it up to good ole #NTlogic though to lump them in the Basic label.

Bro, if you dont have the Jordans you wanted by now, I dont know what to tell you.

Bro, if you dont have the Jordans you wanted by now, I dont know what to tell you.
I am not talking about me though. I was addressing the absurdity of labeling every single person who purchases J's as basic. The generalization is #NT logic at its finest.

Back
Top Bottom