Real talk Ricky Ross has been the best rapper for the past couple of yrs

Originally Posted by iLL I AM

Originally Posted by PresidentHudson

I most definitely could go with either lupe or rick ross. Ross has absolutely no doubt had the best rap album of 09 and agreeing with the previous statement ross is only getting better. Now i know im get a lot of hate for saying it but ross is what jay should be lyrically. There hasnt been anyone that has spit it like ross ever and my even be in a class of his own. Also lupe's diamonds is hotter than any consicence track that nasir has ever spit.
Quote of the month and we only 4 days in.

I'm gonna pray for you tonight.

I've actually said that Ross is that grown up rap that I think Jay was trying to accomplish on Kingdom Come.

Playing Magnificent right now..

pimp.gif

He rode the F_ outta this beat

Originally Posted by 757bred

I guess I finally needed to give Ross a listen, never heard any of his stuff besides his radio singles.  Even before his C.O. exposure, I didn't like his image/or the persona he tried to portray. Is he really that nice to be brought up as the best for the past few years?
If you a hip hop fan you aint listened to deeper than rap you missing out, the Production, lyrics, flow songs everything on that album is ill, maybe 1 subpar song.

I guess I finally needed to give Ross a listen, never heard any of his stuff besides his radio singles. �Even before his C.O. exposure, I didn't like his image/or the persona he tried to portray. �Is he really that nice to be brought up as the best for the past few years?
Double

DO YOU PEOPLE NOT READ???????????

In the past couple years not damn decades.
Nas hasn't put out a good enough album to top any of Ross's there for he can't even be mentioned in this thread you mofos need to read before responding.
smh.gif

Not the best, but pretty damn good.

Sidenote -

Lupe = Best lyricist right now.

Jay-Z = Best rapper right now.

In a parking lot full of civics a camry would seem like the best........

EVERYBODY knew Ross was a cop C.O. when Hustlin cameout. C.O.s arent police officers nbody cared then the only reasonpeople cared last year because 50 made cartoons and internet surburbiathought it was cool.
Thing is a lot of ppl don't care that he was a CO or that 50 clowned him,  more so the feminine behavior that ensued.

Not everybody knew he was a CO when "Hustlin" came out.  His camp really tried to keep that under wraps.  Me and Gunna spoke on that a few years back and ppl called duckery.

This is ridiculous! Ross has not been the best rapper in the last couple of years. That is absolutely false. Jay-z is not the best rapper. what justifies that? Him being at big basketball events? BP3? or just nut riding as usual? He maybe hip-hops representative to the world right now because dude is everywhere but that doesn't mean he is the best. Lasty, how is Ross even mentioned in the same sentence as Jay-z, Lupe and Nas? It's crazy I tell ya!

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

This is ridiculous! Ross has not been the best rapper in the last couple of years. That is absolutely false. Jay-z is not the best rapper. what justifies that? Him being at big basketball events? BP3? or just nut riding as usual? He maybe hip-hops representative to the world right now because dude is everywhere but that doesn't mean he is the best. Lasty, how is Ross even mentioned in the same sentence as Jay-z, Lupe and Nas? It's crazy I tell ya!
v328no.gif

How old are you?

Jay's Catalog >>>> any rapper ever (pound for pound)

roll.gif
you obviously don't listen to hip hop like that because if you did those words wouldn't have come out your mouth.

ross is one of the only artist consistantly producing quality tracks and bettering him self as an artist over the last 3 years.The only guy that can compete with ross is Jay and imo 90% of his songs are hip hop,Therefore op is right ross has been the best rapper of the last 3 years.As far as the CO stuff goes ross never moved the weight he claimed to,but any of you that are naive enough to think that most Co's are only bringing home $ from a state check are stupid.Im not defending him on misleading the public on what he was and what he had done,But I know for a fact that rickys "lies" are not nearly as far fetched as alot of the artist making similar claims.

Originally Posted by Thank Me Later

Wow. I can't even take peoples opinion seriously now.
Ross the best rapper?
Ross flow untouchable?
Jay the best rapper?
Lupe the best lyricist?

Nas is the best lyricist
Eminem is the best rapper + has the best flow right now

truth

Originally Posted by dakid23

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

v328no.gif

How old are you?

Jay's Catalog >>>> any rapper ever (pound for pound)
Nas460.jpg

2wdbmf5.jpg

I guess I finally needed to give Ross a listen, never heard any of his stuff besides his radio singles.  Even before his C.O. exposure, I didn't like his image/or the persona he tried to portray.  Is he really that nice to be brought up as the best for the past few years?

TRILLA and Deeper Than Rap are REALLY REALLY good albums. Just music to smoke and ride to

Originally Posted by Thank Me Later

Wow. I can't even take peoples opinion seriously now.
Ross the best rapper?
Ross flow untouchable?
Jay the best rapper?
Lupe the best lyricist?

Nas is the best lyricist
Eminem is the best rapper + has the best flow right now

It could be worse champ, we could have said Eminem has 4 classics in a row.........

ross is what jay should be lyrically.

80736a7d3243f901d8c501c3e52cf3db988714ce.gif

Back
Top Bottom