Real Talk - Whats love to you

I mean in reguards to a relationship , ex didnt like my idea of how i love . We are broken up and she tells me good luck find a girl that will have the sameidea of love .

To me, love is when you respect, appreciate, and work together in a relationship. When you do things for the other just because, not because you feelobligated. Also, when you find yourself thinking of that person when a song, a show, events, out of the blue things happen. When you can't put into wordshow much you care about them so you just say "I love you" hoping that it's enough.

op, what is yours, and your ex's definition of love?

if you dont mind me asking

just curious

Originally Posted by DiPlOMaT007

I mean in reguards to a relationship , ex didnt like my idea of how i love . We are broken up and she tells me good luck find a girl that will have the same idea of love .

Just went through something similar tonight. I realized my idea of "love" is her idea of "in love" and her idea of "love" is myidea of "care for you". So we've been speaking different languages for a year. "I love you" is a complicated sentence..... So here Iam, all broken down (but cool about it thanks to my dad
pimp.gif
). Now to answer the question... Love is knowing you would (verb) for someone, regardless ofwhether they would appreciate it or do the same for you -- just because they need you too. Love is taking the worst of whatever the situation is -- becauseyou'd rather suffer than watch her suffer. Love is faith.

no attachment... just friendship on a committed level. i dont love blind... it's hard to find someone else that has that same view... maybeit'll change when i get older, but right now.....

Originally Posted by dunksnjordans1992

love is a damn lie
smh.gif
I agree.
ohwell.gif

Maybe some people see it, feel it, know it exists whatever... but I havent seen it, felt it, known it to exist yet.

(all that doesnt include the love a parent has for their child, vice/versa.)

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

I mean in reguards to a relationship , ex didnt like my idea of how i love . We are broken up and she tells me good luck find a girl that will have the same idea of love .

Just went through something similar tonight. I realized my idea of "love" is her idea of "in love" and her idea of "love" is my idea of "care for you". So we've been speaking different languages for a year. "I love you" is a complicated sentence..... So here I am, all broken down (but cool about it thanks to my dad
pimp.gif
). Now to answer the question... Love is knowing you would (verb) for someone, regardless of whether they would appreciate it or do the same for you -- just because they need you too. Love is taking the worst of whatever the situation is -- because you'd rather suffer than watch her suffer. Love is faith.
word i completely agree wit your definition of love... i couldnt have said it better

and keep ya head up wit those relationship problems tho bruh... they'll get better

An unbreakable, everlasting bond between two or more entities in the Universe.

and please don't quote me

Love has to be the scariest thing in the world to me. I've seen other people go through it first hand and just don't understand how someone could throwtheir whole heart at another person's feet and hope that person does the same. That's just way too much for me. I just don't understand how youcould allow someone to truly be able to hurt you, accomodate both of your lives for the other, etc. Really boggles me.

I think that I had my heart broken one too many times or something because all I can think of is blind faith when it comes to love. How are you gonna tell methat in all the millions of people in the world, these two people really think the other is the most awesome out?

I guess my thing is that I feel like until I've got my degree, or even until after i've got my J.D. and I've got a job, love is mad unrealisticbecause so much criteria in establishing a strong long-term relationship is based on external/physical/material factors. I don't think I could get the girlthat I truly want to fall in love with until I have my money all the way up. That way I know I can get the best looking/flyest/most accomplished girl possiblebecause I only associate with chicks with good personalities anyway.

Call me insecure, call me a realist, that's just how I feel. I feel like I could never fall in love until I know for a fact that the girl for me feels likeI'm the guy for her. And right now as a broke college student recently moving back in with his parents and looking at taking a semester off in my fifthyear, I just don't feel like the girl for me would be that excited about me. She'd probably be getting with some dude who's got his @$+# all theway together already. I'm an English major, and most chicks my age would rather go out to eat and to the mall than chill outside reading Hemmingway's"Moveable Feast".

Bottom line = My life is basically going to play out like a Sanaa Lathan / Taye Diggs movie.

a second hand emotion.....

nah, but real %+$!--I've said "I Love You" to people who now that I am thinking about it, I didn't really love them. I did love the last onetho...and I know I did cuz a part of me always will. Like on that "I hope he succeeds in life and gets everything he wants" type of love. I don'twish anything bad on him and I hope one day he finds someone who loves him as much as he loves that person. I loved him, but I didn't love him as much ashe loved me...and even that he's gone, I still don't.

One day though, I am going to say it first--because that's when I will personally know that I really love that person....and I won't have to secondguess it like all the other times I've said it (3-4) times.

Originally Posted by AmberElise04

To me, love is when you respect, appreciate, and work together in a relationship.
Originally Posted by Russoull

When its unquestionable.
^^^^This is my definition of love. Plus being there when things are good or bad.

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Just went through something similar tonight. I realized my idea of "love" is her idea of "in love" and her idea of "love" is my idea of "care for you". So we've been speaking different languages for a year. "I love you" is a complicated sentence..... So here I am, all broken down (but cool about it thanks to my dad
pimp.gif
). Now to answer the question... Love is knowing you would (verb) for someone, regardless of whether they would appreciate it or do the same for you -- just because they need you too. Love is taking the worst of whatever the situation is -- because you'd rather suffer than watch her suffer. Love is faith.

ayo b, real talk, me and you would have many great conversations if we were able to sit down and smoke a L together .. very cool dude (from the posts i haveread
laugh.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom