Realisticcc approaches to stopping the violence in Chiraq.

Concealed carry just got passed in the state, and the Chicago metropolitan area has one legally ran gun store, in the entire city. One gun store for residents of the south-side of chicago
nobody who can get a legal gun has a problem getting one, they know who has legal weapons, the problem is that the people who have illegal guns and get caught get the craziest low ball
sentences. Getting caught with a gun in Chicago weather it's related or unrelated to another charge, only gets you a 2 year sentence with good conduct. You got kids out there with more than 5 bodies
out there, getting caught with dirty guns that most likely have bodies on them, but because the homicide investigation unit in chicago is the laughing stock of america, these kids get off unscathed.

Last edited:
IMO gun control and raising taxes will certaintly enable the government, but it also relies on the government to do the right (effective/productive) thing. Most in here seem to believe that the state of Chicago is in one way or another the product of insufficient support by the government and its institutions (I agree), so why further its influence even more? No doubt it will need to support initiatives to improve the way of life out there, but some of these suggestions will simply add fuel to the fire rather than putting it out.

what percentage of families in Chicago don't have fathers?

Most questions arnt dumb. This one is

Reread my post and retry at contributing

Why are the fathers not there. Dead or systemic prison industrial complex. Its not as if transporting black men into apt conplexes and calling them a family ubit is going to solve anything

Idk why the fathers aren't there although I'm sure that has a lot to do with the way Chicago is right now.

You can't blame the prison system. You have to do something to get into prison. You're acting like these people in prison were kidnapped.

My point to the question was that the families need to raise better kids and teach them better ways.

Nah...they are kidnapping brothers and sending them to jail, don't be fooled

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1818054
One of many examples.

Giving a kid 6mos in jail for holding a joint...to me that's wrong.

Giving a father 2 years for possessing an ounce + is ridiculous.

Drug policy = new Jim Crow laws...Add in a a very segregated city with little to no opportunity for an entire population...you get Chicago...and any major US city to be honest.

Nah...they are kidnapping brothers and sending them to jail, don't be fooled

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1818054
One of many examples.

Giving a kid 6mos in jail for holding a joint...to me that's wrong.

Giving a father 2 years for possessing an ounce + is ridiculous.

Drug policy = new Jim Crow laws...Add in a a very segregated city with little to no opportunity for an entire population...you get Chicago...and any major US city to be honest.

Thank you for posting this. I think it is also worth mentioning that Chicago PD has a known history of rolling up on corners and "finding" things that may or may not have been present previously.

Its very naive to think that you actually have to commit a crime to be convicted for one in America today, especially as a minority.

It's true there's no such things as stupid questions ... But there are such things as stupid people tho... I read something bout a stupid question on da first page

Last edited:
^

Absolutely ridiculous. Its like the dudes are just content with killing themselves. At this rate they should put the National Guard in service and on the ground to help "police" the area. Treat it like a war zone....cause it is.

Last edited:
People are poor, so they will speak with their guns.

Nothing said in here is going to solve that

These women not getting pregnant by deadbeats :smh:

The lack of male father figures plays a big role in all of this

Last edited:
These women not getting pregnant by deadbeats
mean.gif

The lack of male father figures plays a big role in all of this
One big cycle

Pruit Igoe Myth. etflix. Watch it

There isn't one thing that's going to fix the problem and nor is there a realistic approach to stop the violence in places like Chicago except for letting things work themselves out because nothing stays the same forever,mentalities and realities all change in due time.

How many people do you know personally that have been affected by violence or know someone who has?It's just a matter of time before you will be and once it comes really close to everyone than maybe things will change and they will.Violence is the only thing that people fear,one of the things that doesn't care about your background and you can't buy your way out of it;It just is.
It's young black and latino today and tomorrow its__________ fill in the blank.

Limit military spending, that can literally pay for most of the underfunded institutions and public services in this country.

Assuming that most politicians with the power to take steps to end the violence, actually want the violence to end is a waste of brain power. If a majority of America could snap its fingers and have black people simply disappear, they would. We are an inconvenient reminder of how this country became "great"... slavery and violence.

The people pretending to care so much or to be so alarmed by "black on black" crime can't even be consistent with their stances. They'll criticize black gangs for wiping each other out and attribute violence to our culture, music and genealogy and in the same breath, support violence and imperialism committed in the name of "protecting democracy". :lol:

I can't tolerate the talking heads on tv stations owned by conglomerates that profit off of war, criticizing microcosms of this country's survival methods. All of it is a sick joke. To answer the question though, better schools, equal allocation of resources, better housing, stricter ordnances on the types of business that are allowed in poorer neighborhoods, honest dialogue between the haves and have nots and for people to be honest with themselves on both sides.

In short. Nothing will change.

Last edited:
Theres threads on this topic monthly but all i ever see is people focusing on why it is the way it is. (Which is inherently good) but not so much so when it becomes a distraction to actually attacking the problem. So what are you suggestions?

thats all these types wanna talk about, the "why it is the way it is", and why it is the way it is ONLY and nothing else.

any black person that wants to discuss solutions over the why's gets labeled a ****, uncle tom, or SWS.

i think our solutions are an indirect one. the direct solutions we keep aiming at produce little to no results, but we stay the course.

stronger family unit
more fathers in the home
more mentors
mentor programs
more positive examples
blah blah blah

we've been using these same tactics since the 60's.

we refuse to think outside the box to solve these problems, and chastise those that do.

there's a 1960's documentary called The Savages where you see that every issue we have today was an issue then, just on a smaller scale.

that tells me 2 things

1. despite our efforts for 50 years we are moving backwards
2. if this documentary was made in 1967, the problems extended further than that.

there's a book/movie called Freakanomics where it talks about indirect solutions.

situations where two things that on the surface seemed unrelated but would directly effect the other.

i believe our indirect solution is financial literacy.

Back
Top Bottom