Realisticcc approaches to stopping the violence in Chiraq.

These women not getting pregnant by deadbeats :smh:

The lack of male father figures plays a big role in all of this

how do you account for the households that HAVE fathers where the kids go that route?

how about the households where fathers were absent and the kids were straight as an arrow?

ww gotta stop perpetuating this myth that fathers in the home will just *ting* magically fix everything

you cant get a man in a jar from Walmart

its takes more that just being a man

you can be a man, in the house, and STILL a deadbeat

this this this
and education education education.

but its not an overnight solution.

i disagree.

its not an overnight solution because we see more value in sports and teaching our kids to dance than education and financial literacy

if we collectively shifted focus we'd begin to see results in 5 years

5 years of progress
vs
50 years of moving backwards
is overnight to me

It all boils down to economics
Create and build businesses which will create jobs
Take away section 8 and ebt cards
Empower the young women to stay away from these thugs.
The innercity people in Chicago needs to build their own economy.

There isn't one thing that's going to fix the problem and nor is there a realistic approach to stop the violence in places like Chicago except for letting things work themselves out because nothing stays the same forever,mentalities and realities all change in due time.

How many people do you know personally that have been affected by violence or know someone who has?It's just a matter of time before you will be and once it comes really close to everyone than maybe things will change and they will.Violence is the only thing that people fear,one of the things that doesn't care about your background and you can't buy your way out of it;It just is.
It's young black and latino today and tomorrow its__________ fill in the blank.

This post is awful and just plain stupid.

And what's up with Baltimore as well?
January was the lowest number of murders we had since the riots like 14 , went down from 33 in December ...the decrease might be fools gold tho cuz of the blizzard and the one week where it was freezing temps everyday so nobody was basically out those couple weeks :lol: ....but the police are starting to actually do some work again and alotta talk about changes( investing in the communities, job opportunities, programs for the youth) but still gotta wait and see if it happens

And as for Chicago, the same thing happened in my city...after police get called out they stop doing their jobs n the crime/murder rate goes up ...it's either tough but unfair policing or they let the city run wild ...basically they act like they can't do their jobs without being dikheads or it's too much of a hassle to be a decent officer instead of a dirty one

Last edited:
How New York Became Safe: The Full Story
How New York City Became Safe Again

Unfortunately, I think the bigger problems in the Chi is their historic trend of corrupt officials in a lot of their institutions. NY had it but nowhere near as rampant on so many levels. I wouldn't put it past them that increasing violence was all a plan to eliminate and incarcerate the amount of black lives in the region. If it isn't mainly corruption, then it's incompetence and that's worse.

I feel that needs to be addressed as the main priority. Maybe Obama will come back after his term is up and actually initiate some real change or somebody who has wherewithal

I just find it telling when there is a Chinese food spot in the hood that's been there for years but a black owned business shuts down shop quickly after opening

Black people don't understand the importance of practicing group economics and that is also a factor

Man stop.

They can't be called a father if they are a deadbeat. Being a father means being involved in your kid's daily life. Being a mentor on how this f**cked up world works and how not to fall victim

A portion of the black women I encounter on my job have kids and are single with the fathers absent in the lives of these kids

This whole concept of having a baby mama or baby dady has lulled black folk into thinking it's acceptable and shouldn't be discouraged

The degradation of the black family unit plays a big part in all of this. Too many dudes with feminine tendencies because they were raised in a house hold headed by a female. Rather than thinking logically they act on their emotion and are ready to shoot someone because they were disrespected instead of thinking about the consequences of pulling a trigger

how do you account for the households that HAVE fathers where the kids go that route?

how about the households where fathers were absent and the kids were straight as an arrow?

ww gotta stop perpetuating this myth that fathers in the home will just *ting* magically fix everything

you cant get a man in a jar from Walmart

its takes more that just being a man

you can be a man, in the house, and STILL a deadbeat

Last edited:
thats all these types wanna talk about, the "why it is the way it is", and why it is the way it is ONLY and nothing else.

any black person that wants to discuss solutions over the why's gets labeled a ****, uncle tom, or SWS.

i think our solutions are an indirect one. the direct solutions we keep aiming at produce little to no results, but we stay the course.

stronger family unit
more fathers in the home
more mentors
mentor programs
more positive examples
blah blah blah

we've been using these same tactics since the 60's.

we refuse to think outside the box to solve these problems, and chastise those that do.

there's a 1960's documentary called The Savages where you see that every issue we have today was an issue then, just on a smaller scale.

that tells me 2 things

1. despite our efforts for 50 years we are moving backwards
2. if this documentary was made in 1967, the problems extended further than that.

there's a book/movie called Freakanomics where it talks about indirect solutions.

situations where two things that on the surface seemed unrelated but would directly effect the other.

i believe our indirect solution is financial literacy.
There are life lessons that need to be taught before an individual embodies capitalism. Ages 0-3 are the brain development stage. This is the most crucial timeline for the human mind to develop. Go ahead and teach a 2 yr old about financial stability. Strong foundations need to be set at an early stage in order for anything to be absorbed.

The parents are the ones to blame imo

Children/teens today just have absolutely no respect and dambs to give, it's pathetic the parenting they recieve. no golden school can fix ****** parenting

The parents are the ones to blame imo

Children/teens today just have absolutely no respect and dambs to give, it's pathetic the parenting they recieve. no golden school can fix ****** parenting

Half the time it's children/teens who are the parents and there you have it. It's a viscous cycle.

Back
Top Bottom