Really though, I have OCD Vol. Itunes

Figure i'd post this here instead of the music forum since it's not specifically about music. I'm in the process of organizing almost 9000 songs including album art, re-naming, playlists, ratings, etc............ and it's 
tired.gif
ohwell.gif

half way done though
pimp.gif

For those of you who like album art, check out www.albumartexchange.com

2zgd7cw.jpg

thats nothing man...

try doing it for over 300 gbs of music and videos from classical to hip hip to electronic to anything you name it
that was an absolute b#$@ but to see the end result and its amazing

its a ridiculous amount of songs, i know. but when you love music as much as i do, you cant delete anything or lose any track throughout your life (at least imo) music is the soundtrack to my life and continues to be

whats the point of doing this?
waist of time imo itunes already does that for you with the browser at the top...

fc536e1a574b1419f3df897a25a5c7b268e9e89c.bmp

My iTunes is setup perfect... it has to be, I suffer from OCD with this too.
laugh.gif

Album art, artists, features, albums, everything has to be sorted perfect.

I make sure to label/organize things as soon as I add them to itunes
I hate when someone has like 5 different tags for the same genre, artists etc.

Originally Posted by Megatron187em

whats the point of doing this?
waist of time imo itunes already does that for you with the browser at the top...
I prefer it to look like this when i play my music, plus i can organize the genre, and multiple albums from one artist vs random loose albums. kream where do you get your album art?
2n9xtgg.jpg

and i was going insane but organizing by Artist for 1250 songs,

good luck to you, feels great when your done. so much easier searching for all the songs from a certain artist.

gotta organize and clean up the Actual Song names now so i doesn't include the Artist - then song name.

If you are willing to pay $20 for Tune Up, it's an itunes addon that will clean your song names and get cover art for you. $20 for the program and it works really well. It'll save you a lot of time! http://www.tuneupmedia.com/

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

good luck to you, feels great when your done.
My thoughts exactly.

I have over 1,900 songs, and I cleaned them all up. I've realized it's not even an OCD anymore, it's taking pride in it.

Any examples of the tune up media? I still think i could do it better myself, just saying
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by theekinqq

try 135 gigs. no duplicates all organized by albums. i listen to all of it

word im only at 20,000 songs myself and have yet to organize any of it....
smh.gif
will end up probably taking a few weeks to organize, rename, and download everything...
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ll K R E A M 15 ll

thats nothing man...

try doing it for over 300 gbs of music and videos from classical to hip hip to electronic to anything you name it
that was an absolute b#$@ but to see the end result and its amazing

its a ridiculous amount of songs, i know. but when you love music as much as i do, you cant delete anything or lose any track throughout your life (at least imo) music is the soundtrack to my life and continues to be
woah thats more than twice of what i got. first time i glanced at it i thought it said 30 lol. ill eventually catch up to you even thought i think i got nearly everything i want

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

Originally Posted by theekinqq

try 135 gigs. no duplicates all organized by albums. i listen to all of it

word im only at 20,000 songs myself and have yet to organize any of it....
smh.gif
will end up probably taking a few weeks to organize, rename, and download everything...
grin.gif
Good luck with that homie, 1 week, half way done and i feel like offing myself

btw where`s the black itunes skin at, don`t want to download a new itunes because mine crashed on me, TWICE 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Nearly 400 gigs myself,been working on this for the last year with Tuneup Media and Mediamonkey.

Mixtapes are the hardest ones.And I wish all the feat artists would attach to the song instead of the main artist whenever I rip a cd.

One day I will finish...

Back
Top Bottom