Recommend me a comfortable pair of dress shoes/shirts

Hey

Gonna start working and need dress shoes that will keep my feet comfortable for 10 hour days. I heard Ecco's were comfortable and affordable. Any otherrecommendations?

Also, I can never get the right sized dress shirt. Its always too big and baggy or too damn tight, either at the arms or the waste. What brand/type and wherecan I get some perfectly fittted dress shirts? Dumb question I know but I'm sick of my ******ed dress shirts.

Thanks in advance

cole haan is pretty comfy, the cole haan/nike air are also really comfortable. have you ever been measured to see what exact size you should wear? if not, goget measured.

express , shirts are nice, ima big dude, 6' 240 and they fit just right, not too tight aroudn the waist, not like others brand when you get a L/XL theyjust get baggy around the waist (made for older ppl who have L shoulders but there belly just get bigger), shoes, i would say gbx steve madded, aldo, all makecasual dress shoes that fit good, made for long days,

H&M & Zara for dress shirts on a budget.
Ben Sherman, Penguin, Hugo Boss (Slim Fit) & RL Rugby for mid-range.
Band of Outsiders, Hickey, Armani Collezioni & Etro for upper echelon.

Dress shoes, it really depends on the price range.
To get the most comfort, a dress shoe with rubber sole is your best bet.
Allen Edmonds or Ferragamo has some choices.
For a more affordable alternative, Johnston & Murphy & Cole Haan are a good choices.
Visit your local DSW for a plethora of choices at discount prices.

Originally Posted by neukicks

......have you ever been measured to see what exact size you should wear? if not, go get measured.
Once you get this you can get as close to your natural size and then go get tailored..... Nothing like a shirt fitting precisely.

As far as comfortable shoes, just go in a store and try some on. Make sure you take some socks that you would actually wear with dress shoes though. Sometimesplaces are out of the "slip-on sock"

Ferragamo should have a sale coming up pretty soon at their boutiques. I know its always right around when gucci has their sale.

Originally Posted by neukicks

cole haan is pretty comfy, the cole haan/nike air are also really comfortable. have you ever been measured to see what exact size you should wear? if not, go get measured.

Also, loafers in general tend to be more comfortable than an oxford or a wingtip. Companies like Express, Banana Republic, and Gap usually have different fitshirts. For example Gap has classic (baggy), and Fitted (obviously smaller) and Slim (the most fitted). So depending on if your a big or small guy, look forthose type of fit descriptions instead of just grabbing your size. But getting measured will definately help.

Banana Republic Fitted shirt is a joke, the same with GAP.
A small in those fit like an extra large compared to H&M.

Loafers aren't necessarily that much more comfortable.
Plus loafers are too casual for most occasions.

Originally Posted by RFX45

They are not a joke they fit me fine, and I still have shirts from 05/06 in good condition. Sounds like the problem you have is the fit.

As far as the shoes go, ur right. I was thinking about my job where loafers are perfectly fine.

Originally Posted by maxi320

Originally Posted by RFX45

They are not a joke they fit me fine, and I still have shirts from 05/06 in good condition. Sounds like the problem you have is the fit.

As far as the shoes go, ur right. I was thinking about my job where loafers are perfectly fine.

I'm with Maxi on this one. All things considered, the fit of BR - Fitted shirts are not bad, as far as "off the rack" dress shirts go. I'dsay 90% of my work wardrobe is BR because its affordable and holds up decently well. Their standard dress shirts though do run pretty big around the midsection. For whtaever reason the stuff from their BR Factory Store runs crazy big and very loose fitting. I cant wear those shirts at all. As a point ofcomparison, I am a slightly overweight dude, a shade under 6'0 around 190lbs with 34 waist (down from a 36 this year woohoo!). Hope that can give you someperspective on the fit.

As far as shoes go, do not buy Banana Republic shoes... ever. I stress DO NOT BUY. I only have 2 pairs of shoes in my "work shoe" rotation. I havesome pretty standard Rubber soled Ferragamo Oxfords and I love them. Going on 4 years I had em now. The leather is solid and the shoe holds up very well so Ijust resole them when they start wearing down. VERY comfortable as I wear them 10 hrs a day (not necesarily standing). My other pair are some leather soledBallys which actually cost a bit more than my Ferragamos. Them Bally's are aiite, but I much rather prefer the rubber soled Ferragamos on a day to daybasis.

I can respect what you guys are saying but honestly, give H&M button ups a try and you will be surprised at how a fitted shirt is suppose to fit.
I tried a small on of the slim fit BR and I swear that I am swimming in them and I am not a slim person at all.
You really are better off with Hugo Boss Slim Fits on sale at Macys, they can be had for $40-$50 each on sale.
Ben Sherman's can be had for the same price on sale as well.

Believe me when I say this because I have been there, when i tried on Express/BR, it felt like it was slim and fitted because my clothes before that were Ecko,Fubu, Phat Farm, etc...
I thought it looked great just because it felt tighter on the body but once I tried on Ben Sherman, Hugo Boss' and DKNY's slim fit shirts I knew thatit was just a perception.
Trust me on this one, try one of the brands I mentioned above, try a shirt one size down too and let me know what you think afterwards.
Just make sure it is the slim fit, not fitted. Wear the BR shirt when you try those on, it will be uncomfortable at first but look in the mirror and see thedifference.

I'd go with the casual look and get a pair or two of SPERRY'S
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom