Recommend me an Italian restuarant

Within SF and S. SF, recommend me a nice Italian restaurant where I can bring a group of friends.

Exclude Olive Garden and Buca.

Thanks
TEAM AM FAM: Size 10 Homie
LIVE SIMPLE SO OTHERS CAN SIMPLY LIVE

Quote:
You can go to Caesar's on Bay street and Powell.

^^Great food and not a trendy place to eat but, traditional Italian style restaurant. After you can take them to the Wharf and see the sites down there as well.

yes, those youngsters speak the truth about Caesar's. it's a real decent, non-hyped up Italian spot and has been around forever. my parents used to take us there way back in the day. i just haven't been back in a while cuz parking is pretty horrendous in the Northpoint/North Beach area. i think they have offsite parking now tho.
"The expectation we have for Air Jordans is for the MICHAEL JORDAN of basketball shoes.
Lately we've been getting the Derrick Coleman of basketball shoes: bloated, overhyped, overpaid, & underwhelming." --Truth spoken by NT's own "Iron Lung"

For $ALE: ~Deadstock/Brand NEW~ NIKES+JORDAN Retros Sz 9.5-10 in The Bay

the golden mirror on 18th and taravel. the best italian food in the sunset and imo one, if not the best, italian resturant in the city. it has been family owned and operated for 30+ years and is hella famous, next to scoma's(rip al). and the good thing is that the dad and his two sons do all the cooking, not like other places where after a while the mexicans take over the cooking.

^^^i keep wanting to go there because of what you say in posts about it, but just never have the chance to...ill def make the trip there this weekend...

for italian food, i always just cruise over to joes at westlake...spots at the counter = :pimp:
pimp.gif
...word

I know you asked for SF and SSF, but if you drive down to Burlingame, there's a restaurant called Il Fornaio that's really good. I also believe that there's one in SF on Battery I think but I've only been to the one in Burlingame. You should check out the one in SF though since that's what you're looking for.
TEAM SF GIANTS

I think that Giorgio's is great..Pretty low key and the owner hires nothing but hot chicks! The anti-pasta is rad!
Giorgio's Pizzeria
151 Clement St, San Francisco

*EDIT* If you are looking to just get some food and a few pitchers you should check out Milano's on 9th and Irving it is pretty good. Cheap pitchers on Tuesday and Thursday and $2 pints on Monday and Wednesday. there is a back room and it is fresh for a big group of people.
WANTED SUPREME HIGHS SIZE 13

yeah, giorgio's is also a good down low spot. one of my first dates was to that joint after hitting the old theater further down Clement where the Walgreen's is now on the corner.....dang, i'm having such a senior moment that i forget the name of that spot & the movie we saw. i do remember my boy punting a piece of dog doo by mistake on the way over there tho.....grossed out my girl and her bff that he was trying to get at. they wouldn't sit next to him at the flick. lol

il fornaio is decent too for a chain restaurant. i've only been to the SF one once, but i used to hit their Pasadena/LA location fairly often when i was down there.

basta pasta in North Beach is not bad.

a few of my friends swear by rose pistola, but gave that spot a couple shots and didn't think it was all that great. some critics seem to dig it too, so i dunno.........

btw, thanks for dropping the rad exclamation, broccoli. that reminds me i've been meaning to scoop up that DVD on Ebay.
"The expectation we have for Air Jordans is for the MICHAEL JORDAN of basketball shoes.
Lately we've been getting the Derrick Coleman of basketball shoes: bloated, overhyped, overpaid, & underwhelming." --Truth spoken by NT's own "Iron Lung"

^^^^^jon u r gonna love the food there! i went to high school with one of the cooks and i have been hooked ever since. lmk what u think of it when u go.

Don't kid yourselves with Joes of Westlake, go to Original Joes down in the TL.

Caesars +1 , Golden Mirror +1

O Sole Mio 352 Broadway Street, Millbrae CA

one of the best italian restaurants i have eaten at. My gma is coo w/ the owner so i've been going there since i was lil. There complimentary french bread is the best foreal.

Steps of Rome, i think is what its called....
pretty good stuff, a lil pricey. not sure where it is. but its smack dab in the middle of little italy. in SF.

^^^^ macaroni grill......it's a chain a step or two above olive garden and below il fornaio. grub's decent but not great. imo, you'd be better off going to one of the recommended local spots for the same price or less.

Back
Top Bottom