Recommend Some Good Cars For Under $5K

I'm in the market for a used car, and I have 5 stacks allotted for it. I was considering using some of it towards a down payment on a CPO car but I'm18 with a shady driving record and my insurance is redic so I want something I can buy outright to save a few bucks. I'd prefer something sporty, with aleather interior, and not too bad on gas. Im trying to stay away from something too old as well, and airbags are a must since I'm going to have my lil sispushing it while im away at school my first year.

Everyone will say an old Honda Civic or Toyota Camry.

I'd prefer a Buick Rivera (95 and up) or Oldsmobile Aurora.

240sx (S13 - S14)

Sporty, you can get them cheap, with leather seats.

Browse craigslist. For under 5K you can get.....

1997-1999 Lexus ES300
1996-2001 Infiniti I30
1995-2001 Nissan Maxima
1997-2001 Toyota Camry

What I just gave you was reliable cars out the wazoo, the i30 and the es300 of course are luxury, parts are very easy to find and are interchangeable (i30 /maxima) (camry / es300).

1997-1999 Lexus ES300
word..pushin in style
pimp.gif

How are Acuras for reliability, and maintenance wise?

i owned a 92' teg back then, pretty good car, doesnt have a lot of space if youre really tryin to hold people.

maintenance wise it was a good car, changed the oil on time and tires on time also, basically its a great car for short people...(im 5'10
ohwell.gif
)

If your record isn't that good, don't get a sporty car. If you do, your rates will be even higher than a regular/non-sporty car.
Look into an accord or camry. If you want a newer car, you can always find cheap American cars for sale.

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by solemunchies

240sx (S13 - S14)
See if you can get a SR20DET with it and you got yourself a nice running car
smile.gif
I wouldn't even bother. Reliability becomes an issue.
True true. But where's the fun in having a KA24?
happy.gif
I'm just saying a friend of mine went SR20 and he hasn't had much trouble with it

240sx (S13 - S14)
See if you can get a SR20DET with it and you got yourself a nice running car
smile.gif
I wouldn't even bother. Reliability becomes an issue.
True true. But where's the fun in having a KA24?
happy.gif
I'm just saying a friend of mine went SR20 and he hasn't had much trouble with it
There is no fun with a KA24.

Having a turtle < having a hare

howabout a toyota corolla?

great on gas, pretty sporty, and hella reliable. you should be able to get a 2000+ easily

also check into an accord

Thanks guys, a lot of good suggestions. I love fast cars lol but I didn't mean necessarily fast when I said sporty, I just meant sporty looking like maybea V6 Camaro or Mustang. I think a TL might be nice because it has front and side impact air bags, navi, leather and wood, and their pretty good on gas.Safety's one of the top concerns since I have my sister getting ready to drive otherwise I'd get some old '85 cutlass with a 442 in it or somethinglol.

has anyone actually bought a car on Craigslist after seeing a Navi and an Escalade >5Gs ur either gonna be
pimp.gif
or
eyes.gif
frown.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif

i just checked craigslist

I30s look great and are cheap as hell..now i want one
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

BUT I WANT A LINCOLN LS
tired.gif