RECTIFY SEASON 3 STARTS 7/9/15

did anyone watch this show?  It's fantastic

Sundance did the UK thing with a six episode first season but it's been picked up for a 10 ep. second

ittbOnK87AA0N.gif

Last edited:
Visually stunning, thought-provoking, and told at patient pace that nonetheless builds anticipation for the next episode, Rectify is a superb piece of television doomed to be enjoyed by only small segment of the viewing public. But that’s just right for a series of Rectify’s scale and interests, a human-sized drama concerning Big Questions about isolation, family loyalty, the nature of truth, and the human capacity for forgiveness. In short, it’s everything that the Sundance brand originally stood for in the independent-film realm, applied to six hours of difficult-yet-rewarding TV.
http://www.avclub.com/articles/rectify,96785/

You can watch the first 2 episodes here: http://www.sundancechannel.com/series/rectify/videos/rectify-2-hour-premiere-full-episode

and there is a marathon this Sunday on Sundance.

I finally got the chance to watch it and knocked out all 6 episodes in two days. It's a VERY good show, has tons of potential and if it was on one of the major drama channels like HBO, AMC or FX, it would have gotten a lot more notice.

This is a completely character-driven show...there's no action/violence but it still had me hooked. I'm normally not into these types of dramas but for once, it was refreshing to see something new because I'm all burned out from the antihero-driven shows.

I finally got the chance to watch it and knocked out all 6 episodes in two days. It's a VERY good show, has tons of potential and if it was on one of the major drama channels like HBO, AMC or FX, it would have gotten a lot more notice.

This is a completely character-driven show...there's no action/violence but it still had me hooked. I'm normally not into these types of dramas but for once, it was refreshing to see something new because I'm all burned out from the antihero-driven shows.
what'd you think about that major scene with Daniel and Ted Jr?  I really couldn't tell if what I think happened really happened or not

It was weird and I'm still not exactly sure but:

I think Ted Jr. remembered everything but he's just too embarrassed to tell anyone what happened. That's why he was so humble in the finale. I'm not sure why Daniel put that coffee on him but Daniel's a weird guy. He probably just did it to taunt him.

Just finished watching this.

I really liked it. I thought the dialog and the acting was good and I look forward to watching it unfold. Plus, I always like watching shows/movies with intj characters.

It was really slow. Only watched the first two episodes.

Got all of them on my DVR, though. I'll pick it back up.

I think Ted Jr. remembered everything but he's just too embarrassed to tell anyone what happened. That's why he was so humble in the finale. I'm not sure why Daniel put that coffee on him but Daniel's a weird guy. He probably just did it to taunt him.

Really really good show. Thanks OP, Abigail Spencer is just too distracting though I love her

So he did PIITB? :nerd: I know he was trying to explain his prison life so I guess it makes sense?

Last edited:
Really really good show. Thanks OP, Abigail Spencer is just too distracting though I love her
So he did PIITB? 
nerd.gif
 I know he was trying to explain his prison life so I guess it makes sense?
I thinking with Ted grilling him about what happened to him in prison and whether or not he fought back, Daniel choked him out (i thought he killed him for a sec)

to show him how easy it could happen and fighting back wouldn't matter, but I don't think he went all the way

I thinking with Ted grilling him about what happened to him in prison and whether or not he fought back, Daniel choked him out (i thought he killed him for a sec)
to show him how easy it could happen and fighting back wouldn't matter, but I don't think he went all the way

That's how I took it as well, he didn't go all the way.

watched the first couple episodes and got into some other things... Ill pick it up back up in the next few weeks.

Season 1 is up on Netflix now, Season 2 premieres in June
Relayed by a glint of sunset refracted through Southern foliage (or a press release, if you want to be coarse about it), SundanceTV has announced that season two of Rectify  will premiere Thursday, June 19. One of 2013’s finest TV offerings, Rectify tells the story of former death-row inmate Daniel Holden (Aden Young) as he attempts to re-acclimate to life in his hometown. It’s so much more than that simple premise suggests, though, suffused with lush photography, powered by difficult questions about morality, and illuminated by a time-hopping narrative that pretty much makes it True Detective  without that jaundiced jackass in the crown  ruining every shot. According to Sundance’s fittingly ambiguous synopsis, season two will find “Daniel becoming an active participant in his life, making decisions and thinking about the future as he struggles to find meaning in a dangerous and unpredictable world.” He’ll probably take a break from all that active participation to look longingly at his surroundings (and maybe do a little jig  to the mixtape in his mind), because Young is really good with intense stares and Ray McKinnon’s camera loves the Georgia landscape.

Just watched the first two seasons in the past 4 days. I really like it and can't wait until season 3.

Watched the pilot to this and Peaky Blinders months ago but never followed up. Will give both a shot.

Really impressed with Netflixs TV shows so far. House of Cards and Daredevil are both really good. Might have to check this out

Yoooooo, that scene in the jail towards the end of episode 6(Season 1) .... 
ohwell.gif
 The feels. 

Back
Top Bottom