Reebok "regrouping" it's basketball market.

After John Wall was seen practicing in some Adidas Top Ten 2000's, it comes as no surprise that Reebok has announced that it will be refocusing it's line and allow it's parent company, Adidas, to handle it's basketball shoes.

The news of Reebok dropping it's performance basketball line should not effect it's retro lineup scheduled for release this year. The Shaq Attaq's, Kamikaze I's & II's, and Questions should still receive a strong following. Reebok's performance line has been on the decline ever since Allen Iverson stopped playing. Efforts to push their "Zig Tech" line with players such as Washington's John Wall and Sacramento's Isaiah Thomas never really took off.

edit:

Apparently, the rumors were NOT TRUE. Although, John Wall has signed with Adidas, Reebok will be changing it's direction with it's basketball line.

Last edited:
Damnn!!!! But who didnt see this coming tho....nobody and MEAN nobody hoops in reeboks!!

Reebok is going nowhere with that zigcrap...recently saw a pair John Wall for $9.99 at marshalls, still passed :lol:

No matter how good the technology is, the public won't adopt the shoes if they look like crap

No matter how good the technology is, the public won't adopt the shoes if they look like crap
this is true, but even if they looked nice it wouldnt have changed much

Reebok is going nowhere with that zigcrap...recently saw a pair John Wall for $9.99 at marshalls, still passed
laugh.gif

Not only does the zig line look like crap but their shoes perform like crap too. No traction and no cushion.

How much money does Reebok owe Wall now?  Heard he signed 5 year 25 million OG deal.  Did Adidas take on the money?

Received a pair of zig runners shoes for free. I worn them three times, walking around, and my knees were killing me. Shoes are uncomfortable.

I have a pair of the all star walls and I hooped in the zigtechs... really didn't mind other than the durabuck was like cardboard.

sad but everything you guys have said is true, they havent had nice b-ball shoes in years, hell they had many nice shoes period :smh:

sad but everything you guys have said is true, they havent had nice b-ball shoes in years, hell they had many nice shoes period :smh:

Went to a reebok outlet last week and took me abou 3 minutes to walk back out. Absolutely nothing interesting to even think about let alone buy.

Last edited:
Reebok can live on as a classic brand. The past decade has not been kind to them at all, however they can redeem themselves as quality retro brand. There are ton of gems in their 90s and early 00s line up.

just retro Questions in new colorways and im good

Reebok at its peak was pretty cool tho. i loved the ATR line then it started to decline. never really were the most comfortable, but to this day i want a pair of Vertical I's

View media item 209966
RIP to their performance line. with the recent direction of their basketball products, it was about time.

No wonder I only saw reeboks questions and answer as the only reebok basketball shoes in the mall today..

John Wall's sig shoe is literally a disaster. So unappealing. It's hard for me to believe they can't find better designers.

Just retro A.I sig shoe and some 90's bball shoe... but dont flood the market. plus mix it will nice colorways. ill be more than happy to see that.

Back
Top Bottom