Refs unfairly targeting Ron Artest...UNAPPRECIATION

obviously his rep precedes ANYTHING he does, but he's being unfairly targeted. If the refs have the ability to look at a monitor immediately after a"flagrant" happens but then the NBA (the next day) steps and and reduces the foul to a flagrant 1, something ain't right. He's no choirboy,but with the amount of BS that many dudes have gotten away with in the 09' NBA Playoffs, you'd think there would be a little more lieniency (sp?). Also, he's handled everything VERY well (as far as his comments and what have you).

OC...time for you to cue up that pic "NBA: Where Inconsistency Happens."

smh.gif

I mean, dude did leap into the stands and almost incite a riot. That kind of stuff has a way of following you....

umm... didn't Artest run into the stands and start attacking fans?

"Tru Warier" is lucky he didn't receive a lifetime ban from the NBA... he shouldn't be surprised that the Palace incident would follow himfor the rest of his career.

the foul should be downgraded to Flagrant 1, though. and probably will. the refs just wanted to get Artest out of the game at that point in time so nothingpopped off as things were winding down. i think if that foul was in the 3rd quarter or something, Artest would have been given a Flagrant 1 and remained in thegame.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

umm... didn't Artest run into the stands and start attacking fans?

"Tru Warier" is lucky he didn't receive a lifetime ban from the NBA... he shouldn't be surprised that the Palace incident would follow him for the rest of his career.
But that's over and done with....all I'm saying is that he's being unfairly targeted...and it looks bad that the NBA goes back andassesses a flagrant 1 the day after, when the three boobs watching the game (and had the advantage of the monitor) couldn't get the call right.

i dont care what player it was if your run across the court and get in someones face and do the throat slash your going to get the boot.

now last night was no reason for a Flagrant 2 tho. a Tech would have been just fine

truthfully that shouldn't have been called as a flagrant.

the refs suck a good amount of the time and we all know that.

Artest is
pimp.gif

pshh at you guys hating he went into the stands..

1) i would've done the same thing in that situation in the heat of the moment
2) he wasn't the only player in the stands
3)he gets treated so unfairly but NBA refs are such a joke so what do you expect...

pimp.gif
artest is my doood

I wouldn't say they are "targeting" him, but he's just on a shorter leash then everyone else. It's his fault so I really don't caretoo much.

Didn't Kobe get accused for rape?? Who cares it's in the past.. But if they could look at the monitors for flagrant fouls in other games, why not lookat the monitors for flagrant fouls when artest is involved? I agree that they are holding Artest to a different standard. To me that play just meant Pau neededto hit the weights.

Originally Posted by ClevelandsPrince23

Artest is
pimp.gif

pshh at you guys hating he went into the stands..

1) i would've done the same thing in that situation in the heat of the moment
2) he wasn't the only player in the stands
3)he gets treated so unfairly but NBA refs are such a joke so what do you expect...

pimp.gif
artest is my doood
no

I just don't care for how the refs are really affecting the outcome of these games. Artest is an integral part of what helps Houston win.

Originally Posted by SINcereOne03

If they can review Perkin's elbow to Pietrus then they could have reviewed all the plays in the lakers/houston series..
Or even "un-eject" Brad Miller....

If they can review Perkin's elbow to Pietrus then they could have reviewed all the plays in the lakers/houston series..

Originally Posted by SINcereOne03

Didn't Kobe get accused for rape?? Who cares it's in the past.. But if they could look at the monitors for flagrant fouls in other games, why not look at the monitors for flagrant fouls when artest is involved? I agree that they are holding Artest to a different standard. To me that play just meant Pau needed to hit the weights.

ACCUSED and actually doing it (going into the stands) are two different scenarios

and i agree that pau is HELLA SOFT but blaming pau on that play is ******ed. some of you say "oh look pau should hit the weights" or "man pau issuch a wuss" unlike the rockets players, pau just sat there, he didnt wave his hands and say "flagrant flagrant... eject him" ala Von Wafer orArtest during and after game 2. not to mention once your airborn, you could be shaq and a push to the back may send him flying

artest did no wrong in the palace brawl. It wasnt the right thing to do but I can justify it as self defense.

you just dont throw liquid at people especially in the heat of the moment.

what would you do if you were walking in the streets minding your own business and all of a sudden some punks throw a water balloon at you?

FREE RON ARTEST!!!!

If it were reversed, and Kobe did that...he'd be rewarded with a free-throw.
tired.gif

NBA has been/is getting ridiculous.
mad.gif

I was about to make a post about this.i hate the nba for doing artest the way they are doing him.they are just doing that becuase they know that maybe if heplays the whole game that the rockets might win the game.its a shame to watch him get thrown out and not being able to do anything.i feel real bad for him.

Back
Top Bottom