Refurbished PS3?

I just bought a new one after my old one crashed (yellow light of death) after four years. It was 160 GB and only cost me $250 so it's not too expensive plus you're safer with a new one than a refurbished one.

all the sales are coming up soon, so if you can hold off and wait a bit, chances are you'll get a new one for the price of the refurb or a really good package

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

I just bought a new one after my old one crashed (yellow light of death) after four years. It was 160 GB and only cost me $250 so it's not too expensive plus you're safer with a new one than a refurbished one.

About to do this exact same thing.  Freaking yellow light of death on my old fat launch week ps3.

I am afraid of a refurb.  Haven't had a ps3 for about 6 months now....but gonna need to re-up for NBA 2k12 and PES 2012. 

I am gonna miss playing tony hawk 2 with friends since the slim's aren't backwards compatible.  So if you maybe you play a lot of ps2 games might want to get an old refurb maybe?

did the same exact thing

Originally Posted by fac3 tak30v312

all the sales are coming up soon, so if you can hold off and wait a bit, chances are you'll get a new one for the price of the refurb or a really good package

I was looking to get ASAP

Being that 2K12 is dropping tomorrow and Batman in 2 weeks

I just bought a new one, it was 160 GB and only cost me $250 so it's not too expensive plus you're safer with a new one than a refurbished one.

Don't ever buy a refurb system, huge waste of money I work for a game store and every refurb system sold always get brought back couple weeks later.  A refurb system is just like a salvage title car, just stay away from them, a new system is like $20-30 more anyway.

Originally Posted by fac3 tak30v312

You think there will be black friday deals?

I am looking for a "buy ps3 get $100 best buy / amazon gift card" type deal.  I saw one on slick deals a couple months ago buy ps3 get $50 best buy gift card and regret not pulling the trigger.

Originally Posted by Stork

Don't ever buy a refurb system, huge waste of money I work for a game store and every refurb system sold always get brought back couple weeks later.  A refurb system is just like a salvage title car, just stay away from them, a new system is like $20-30 more anyway.

Thanks think im gonna buy a brand new one

If there are games you wanna play for it then yes. The store will replace or give you info on how to replace it if it breaks

Send that old system to Sony & get a brand new slim for like $100 because getting a refurb is def. not a good idea unless it's some crackhead price... After I got yellow light of death on my launch 60gb (held on for 4 years) I got on craigslist and found some dude who needed money so he sold me a 80gb w/2 controls for $80.

So yeah just get a new system

True, but in my case I like my PS2 backwards compatibility so, If OP likes his backwards compatibility as well....
Then, you should jus' cop a refurbished PS3 with warranty, or you can pay $150 and let Sony fix it up proper like...

Originally Posted by ricky409

Trying to find a refurbished one for under $ 200

Gamestop is selling 250GB refurbs for $200.  I've been looking for one on CL hoping I come across someone looking to sell one for the low.  I will probably wait and see what Black Friday has to offer.

wait till black friday if i recall when i bought a new one a couple years back something like slim with like 3 games for $300
if you dont like the 3 games you can always sell/trade em in for cash/games you wanted

please buy a new one as you have no idea what the previous owner has done to it. My friend decided to buy a refurbished one and about a week in got the YLOD. He took it to these electronic "experts" who claimed they could fixed it. they opened it up and not only was the seal broken but it looked like a hott mess inside. they kept it for an additional 2 weeks and couldnt fix the problem...gave my boy the run around. He got his money back and bought a NEW ps3 with a warranty like i originally suggested, no problems since. 

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by ricky409

Trying to find a refurbished one for under $ 200

Gamestop is selling 250GB refurbs for $200.  I've been looking for one on CL hoping I come across someone looking to sell one for the low.  I will probably wait and see what Black Friday has to offer.

copped.

Man just got YLOD on my old fat ps3, had it since launch day , made me shed a tear felt like a family member, do you guys know how much it would cost to repair it? Im not feeling those slims, no ps2 games
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Legend108

Man just got YLOD on my old fat ps3, had it since launch day , made me shed a tear felt like a family member, do you guys know how much it would cost to repair it? Im not feeling those slims, no ps2 games
sick.gif

sheesh why everybody launch systems going dead around the same time?! you can try http://www.thevideogamedoctor.com/ i sent my launch 60 gig there

Back
Top Bottom