Regarding Mark Cuban's Post-Game Antics...

I wanted to discuss this, but I don't wanna do it in the game thread where everything will run together and get cluttered... Anyways, we all know aboutMark's past... We all saw him push the camera guy after Game 3 as he stormed across the court to the locker room... What we didn't see on TV was himconfronting Kenyon Martin's mother about her son being a thug and a punk...

I ducked out of the Game 3 post pretty early after that game ended Sunday, mainly because I was in and out of watching the game intently as I was studying forFinals and prepping for graduation coming this weekend... After taking a day to reflect on and watch Game 3 over again from start to finish, I wrote this on aMavs blog I frequent, and rather than re-write everything here, I'll just copy and paste the post... Cliffnotes at the end for you lazy bastards thatwon't read the whole thing...
laugh.gif
Let me preface this by saying ahead of time I know this isn't going to be popular opinion around here, and I have a pretty good feeling I know what kind of reaction I'm going to get... But I feel like I need to get it off my chest.

I think Mark Cuban is an incredible owner. I genuinely believe he'd do whatever it took to bring Dallas a championship... He's not afraid to spend the money necessary to make this team a contender... Has he had his share of blunders? Yeah, he has, but this team's inability to get over the hump wasn't for his lack of effort, and I don't thinkit ever will be...

[jumps on soapbox]

Is anybody else getting tired of his act? This comes out today, in the hours leading up to Game 4...
Mark Cuban admits that he made a not-very-nice comment to Kenyon Martin's mom after Game 3.

From the Denver Post:

Cuban said Sunday by e-mail that when he walked off the court, a fan was screaming about the Nuggets being "thugs," so Cuban said to Martin's mother: "That includes your son."

According to Martin's agent, Brian ****, Cuban spotted Moore amid numerous Nuggets fans and said, unprovoked, "Your son is a punk." Regardless of what insult was stated, NBA spokesman Tim Frank said, "The situation on the floor postgame is being reviewed."

Cuban knew it was Martin's mom because, according to him, she talked trash to him in the aftermath of another Nuggets win.

After this morning's post-Mother's Day shootaround, Martin told reporters, "I'm gonna take care of it."

Yet another NBA investigation into something immature and/or incredibly stupid/ignorant this clown has done after a game...

star-divide.v5547.jpg

It blows my mind just how immature and ignorant Mark Cuban really and truly is at times (mainly when his team comes up short)...

I've got no problems with him wanting to sit in the stands and be a fan, that's his prerogative... But I don't want my owner pouting like a baby and throwing a temper tantrum as he storms across the court to the Mavericks locker room. I don't want my owner poking his head in huddles during timeouts or confronting officials as they walk off the court. I don't want my owner shoving cameramen out of his way as he stomps off to the locker room upset and butt hurt... And I absolutely don't want my owner making ignorant, cry-baby comments to another grown man's mother after his team loses a basketball game MAINLY BECAUSE OF THEIR OWN SHORTCOMINGS.

Why is Kenyon Martin a thug, Mark? Because he plays physical? Because unlike any player on this creampuff Mavericks roster, he's not afraid to take a fine to send a message to the other team's best player early in a series? Because he has tattoos? Because he won't take any crap off the soft, tissue paper roster you've constructed? How many times has Kenyon Martin had run-ins with the law, aside from the two highly publicized speeding tickets? What is it that makes him a thug? He's a tough, physical, defensive-minded basketball player. He actually plays physical basketball and doesn't let a player just come at him again, and again, and again without some type of consequences, rather than just talking about being tough and making a fool of himself like Erick Dampier...

The fact they were even in this situation coming down the stretch of a must-win game, at home, where they held the Nuggets below 40% from the field for most of the nights is pathetic and all-telling in its own right... Sorry Mark, the NBA didn't cost you this game. The referees didn't cost the Mavericks this game. Talk to you players about why the lost this game.

It couldn't be because Dirk went soft in the final 3 minutes and refused to attack Kenyon Martin after getting into the paint at will for 3+ quarters, could it?...

It couldn't be because Josh Howard and Jason Terry step to the free throw line with chances to stretch the lead with 2 minutes on the clock and both miss the front end of two shots from the stripe, could it?...

It couldn't be because your defense didn't manage to get one single stop down the stretch inside two minutes, could it?...

Your team choked. Again. Get over it. You want it to stop, put an emphasis on finding tough-minded, physical players for a change... The most physical player on this team is Antoine Wright, and we saw just how physical he wanted to be Sunday night in the closing seconds of that game... Was there a foul? Yeah, there was. Should it have been called? Yeah, probably... But you want to give a foul? Give it. Don't just reach in and then throw both arms in the air like you didn't touch him...When you construct a creampuff roster, you can expect creampuff basketball down the stretch when games are close and seasons are on the line... It's not the first time this Mavericks team has wilted under the pressure, and if the roster isn't shaken up at a significant level, it won't be the last, I can assure you of that...

Frankly, I feel Mark Cuban owes Kenyon Martin, his mother, and the Denver Nuggets an apology for the way he acted after Game 3 here in Dallas. As a fan, I'm embarrassed by his behavior, and it's not the first time I've felt this way about something he's done during or after games...

If you want to sit in the stands and be a fan, act like an adult. Regular fans can't storm across the court pushing camera men and yelling at Kenyon Martin's mother. Regular fans can't run on the court and scream at officials if calls don't go their way... If you want to sit in the stands and maintain your MFFL status, try behaving in the same manner you'd expect every other fan in that arena to behave... You're setting a terrible precedent for the way you expect fans to behave at Dallas Maverick games, and you're doing nothing but embarrassing yourself, your franchise, and Mavericks fans around the country.

If you can't control your temper tantrums and want to act like a little kid when everything doesn't go your way, get your +!* upstairs in an owner's box and you can pout and cry all you want up there...

I'm sick of it. It's gotten old. The act is wearing thin. People complain about how Jerry Jones is too involved. Jerry Jones wants too much attention. Jerry Jones wants everything to be about Jerry Jones. Well I'm sorry, but you'd NEVER see Jerry Jones sprinting across the football field tailing an official acting like he's a 4 year old upset mommy wouldn't buy him a toy at Wal-Mart...You'd never find Jerry Jones screaming insults at Jason Campbell or Donovan McNabb's mother...

It's embarrassing. It's disgusting. It's time for it to stop. Stop acting like a 6 year old kid every time your less-than-talented roster comes up short in big games...

Admittedly, I was screaming for the foul on Sunday, and I still feel like there's no reason whatsoever for that not to be called a foul inthat situation... But I understand the notion many shared here that if you want to give the foul, give it... I've come around to it some, though I stillthink what Wright did, given the way the entire game was officiated to that point, should have been more than enough to get that call in that situation...

Anyways, cliffnotes... As a Mavericks fan, I'm sick of this kind of behavior... Frankly, I'm disgusted by it... It blows my mind what kind of hellJerry Jones catches in Dallas for his 'all about me' attitude, but Mark Cuban is given a pass time and time again for his behavior, for whateverreason... Mark Cuban owes Kenyon Martin, his mother, and the Denver Nuggets an apology for the way he acted Sunday evening...

It blows my mind what kind of hell Jerry Jones catches in Dallas for his 'all about me' attitude, but Mark Cuban is given a pass time and time again for his behavior, for whatever reason..

I think this is because Cuban seems more a man of the people... more a fan of the game of basketball than just a fan of his own team and money interests.

As Colin Cowherd said today - Cuban runs a team like many of us picture we would, if we could afford it. And so I think we empathize with him, seeing how muchhe puts into his franchise - the frustration he goes through is understandable.

And I think the fact that he's so accessible and down to earth in many ways... and he says what's on his mind. There's something to be respectedin that sort of person.

That doesn't mean he gets a free pass on everything - but it does mean he doesn't have to work as hard as other guys to get people's acceptance ofhis apologies.

dude is a !$%%$%% clown, i like the way he takes care of his players and everything. but dude stay *****ing about EVERYTHING.

you dont go talking !+$* to someones mom, pushing camera men down and cussing out refs cause your team just lost. i mean we +%$$+ about Jerry jones juststanding on the sidelines but cuban takes its over board. any bad call and dude is out of his chair crying to the refs or yelling at the other teams players.as a owner of a team you cant be acting like a regular ol fan

Mark Cuban reminds me of one of those crazy AAU parents.

Remember them? Yelling and cussing at the other teams and parents.

He needs to go sit his +!+ down somewhere.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

Mark Cuban reminds me of one of those crazy AAU parents.

Remember them? Yelling and cussing at the other teams and parents.

He needs to go sit his +!+ down somewhere.
Lmao @ AAU parents. That's the TRUTH though. He's crazy. Almost Little League parents status.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I think Mark Cuban is an incredible owner. I genuinely believe he'd do whatever it took to bring Dallas a championship...
If that's the case, how is he "incredible"? Because he hasn't done so yet.

it's not as easy as just snapping your fingers... do you remember much about the Mavs prior to him taking over? I know I don't - andthat's the point, he's made them relevant since taking over.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

I think Mark Cuban is an incredible owner. I genuinely believe he'd do whatever it took to bring Dallas a championship...
it's not as easy as just snapping your fingers... do you remember much about the Mavs prior to him taking over? I know I don't - and that's the point, he's made them relevant since taking over.

I remember Jimmy, Jason, and Jamal (The 3 J's) could have been something special if they didn't have Jimmy's ego and Jamal'sinjury proneness. And that was prior to him taking over.

He makes bone-head moves like trading Harris for Jason...like he was getting 1995 Jason Kidd again.
eyes.gif

I like dude, I do...he makes it hard for me to do so. If he continues little antics like this though, he'll end up on my Kufi list.

mark cuban has done some really dumb things, but he was way out of line when he took it to a personal level with kenyon martin's mother.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

it's not as easy as just snapping your fingers... do you remember much about the Mavs prior to him taking over? I know I don't - and that's the point, he's made them relevant since taking over.
I remember Jimmy, Jason, and Jamal (The 3 J's) could have been something special if they didn't have Jimmy's ego and Jamal's injury proneness. And that was prior to him taking over.

He makes bone-head moves like trading Harris for Jason...like he was getting 1995 Jason Kidd again.
eyes.gif

I like dude, I do...he makes it hard for me to do so. If he continues little antics like this though, he'll end up on my Kufi list.

I agree - he is getting a little out of hand when he starts going after player's mothers.. but I still like him, and respect what he's trying to dogenerally.

He on that roid rage?

But in all seriousness, there's a thin line between passion for your team and unwanted attention, he's crossed that line and unfortunately it couldhurt his team more than help.

Well things just took a turn for the worst...
smh.gif

Well Mark you better hope this is the more reserved K-Mart talking because it is not looking to good. But I feel were Kmart is coming from you don'tdisrespect nobody moms because you wouldn't want anybody doing that to females in your family let alone your moms.

Article: http//sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4158987

Updated: May 11, 2009, 4:31 PM ET

[h2]Nuggets' Martin: I'll talk with Cuban[/h2]

Comment Email Print Share
ESPN.com news services

A day after Mother's Day, Kenyon Martin lobbed a verbal salvo to Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban in defense of his own.

Martin, whose mother was verbally confronted by Cuban after Saturday night's game, said he was going to "take care of it" as early as Monday night, as the Nuggets looked to sweep the Mavericks in their second-round playoff series.

nba_g_cuban_65.jpg

Cuban

515.jpg

Martin

"I don't feel I need to call his name in the media and all that, but it's a little personal," Martin said after the Nuggets' shootaround in Dallas, according to a report on The Denver Post's Web site. "And I'm going to take care of it."

The incident, during which Cuban referred to Martin as a "thug" or a "punk," according to an earlier report in The Post, was part of a raucous postgame scene the NBA said it was reviewing.

Cuban told the Denver newspaper by e-mail that as he walked off the court after the Mavericks' Saturday night loss in Dallas, he saw Martin's mother, Lydia Moore, as a fan was yelling that the Nuggets were "thugs."

"That includes your son," Cuban said to Moore, according to his e-mail to The Post.

Martin's agent, Brian ****, had a different take on the incident, The Post reported. According to ****, an unprovoked Cuban told Moore, "Your son is a punk."

Neither scenario amused Martin.

"Don't say nothing to my kids or my family," Martin said, according to The Post. "If you got something to say, say it to me. But I'm going to take care of it. I'm not going to do the whole media thing, back and forth. That's his thing. I'm more of a face-to-face type of dude."

"So whenever the opportunity presents itself, then I will address it. But I got a game to go win. At some point I will, but I got a game to go win, first and foremost. So that's my focus and concentration right now."

Asked if he thought the confrontation was Cuban's way of trying to get under the Nuggets' skin, Martin said yes.

"That's what he's trying to do, but it ain't going to work," Martin said, according to the newspaper. "I'm focused on what we need to do as a team. That's what I'm here to do. But if other things present themselves along the way then you got to address them. And this is one of those situations. I don't back away from nobody except the law."

Martin said he had not experienced anything like this during his nine-year career in the NBA.

"Nobody in his position, not at all," Martin said. "But of course, a college game where people in the stands are saying stuff to your family, that's fine and dandy, during the course of the game. But when the game is over, you don't say nothing to nobody's parents; especially mine. My mom or my kids, you don't have no words for them. I'll take care of it.

Cuban definitely crossed the line.

First JR Smith now KMart
laugh.gif

Cube's is trying to beef with the entire Nuggets roster.

Originally Posted by brandonb2005

smh.gif

Well Mark you better hope this is the more reserved K-Mart talking because it is not looking to good. But I feel were Kmart is coming from you don't disrespect nobody moms because you wouldn't want anybody doing that to females in your family let alone your moms.

Article: http //sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4158987

ESPN.com news services

A day after Mother's Day, Kenyon Martin lobbed a verbal salvo to Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban in defense of his own.

Martin, whose mother was verbally confronted by Cuban after Saturday night's game, said he was going to "take care of it" as early as Monday night, as the Nuggets looked to sweep the Mavericks in their second-round playoff series.

nba_g_cuban_65.jpg

Cuban

515.jpg

Martin

"I don't feel I need to call his name in the media and all that, but it's a little personal," Martin said after the Nuggets' shootaround in Dallas, according to a report on The Denver Post's Web site. "And I'm going to take care of it."

The incident, during which Cuban referred to Martin as a "thug" or a "punk," according to an earlier report in The Post, was part of a raucous postgame scene the NBA said it was reviewing.

Cuban told the Denver newspaper by e-mail that as he walked off the court after the Mavericks' Saturday night loss in Dallas, he saw Martin's mother, Lydia Moore, as a fan was yelling that the Nuggets were "thugs."

"That includes your son," Cuban said to Moore, according to his e-mail to The Post.

Martin's agent, Brian ****, had a different take on the incident, The Post reported. According to ****, an unprovoked Cuban told Moore, "Your son is a punk."

"Don't say nothing to my kids or my family," Martin said, according to The Post. "If you got something to say, say it to me. But I'm going to take care of it. I'm not going to do the whole media thing, back and forth. That's his thing. I'm more of a face-to-face type of dude."

"So whenever the opportunity presents itself, then I will address it. But I got a game to go win. At some point I will, but I got a game to go win, first and foremost. So that's my focus and concentration right now."

Asked if he thought the confrontation was Cuban's way of trying to get under the Nuggets' skin, Martin said yes.

"That's what he's trying to do, but it ain't going to work," Martin said, according to the newspaper. "I'm focused on what we need to do as a team. That's what I'm here to do. But if other things present themselves along the way then you got to address them. And this is one of those situations. I don't back away from nobody except the law."

Martin said he had not experienced anything like this during his nine-year career in the NBA.

"Nobody in his position, not at all," Martin said. "But of course, a college game where people in the stands are saying stuff to your family, that's fine and dandy, during the course of the game. But when the game is over, you don't say nothing to nobody's parents; especially mine. My mom or my kids, you don't have no words for them. I'll take care of it.

uh oh
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

someone post the MJ popcorn gif

TheGGGame wrote:
brandonb2005 wrote:
smh.gif

Well Mark you better hope this is the more reserved K-Mart talking because it is not looking to good. But I feel were Kmart is coming from you don't disrespect nobody moms because you wouldn't want anybody doing that to females in your family let alone your moms.

Article: http //sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4158987

ESPN.com news services

nba_g_cuban_65.jpg

Cuban

515.jpg

Martin

uh oh
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

someone post the MJ popcorn gif

Normally only watch my Lakers from beg-end...

But this is definitely a most watch from start to finish
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom