Reggie Miller and Ray Allen....eerily similar.

Originally Posted by Physicx

championships

ray: 1
reggie: 0

pimp.gif

Reggie led his team to the finals being the best player on that team and unquestioned leader.. Ray was 3rd best on that celtics team...

you high doggie, ray allen CARRIED the celtics in the finals.

Originally Posted by damelloyellow15

Reggie led his team to the finals being the best player on that team and unquestioned leader.. Ray was 3rd best on that celtics team...

No he didn't.  He was the 3rd option in the playoffs.  If I'm not mistaken he was in a shooting slump for most of the playoffs, bricking wide open 3's.  Paul Pierce, the NBA Finals MVP carried that team.  That whole championship argument is null when you're the third option.  That's like saying Dennis Rodman is better than Karl Malone because of rings. 

Originally Posted by THE SAUNA

Reggie Miller that year:

18.1 ppg
3.0 rpg
2.3 apg

Jalen Rose that year:

18.2 ppg
4.8 rpg
4.0 apg

Ray just had a better all-round game than Miller.. Dude was 6'7 and he never averaged more than 3.9 rebounds in his career.

just ask yourself which one would you take in their prime? id have to go with reggie no doubt.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by damelloyellow15

No he didn't.  He was the 3rd option in the playoffs.  If I'm not mistaken he was in a shooting slump for most of the playoffs, bricking wide open 3's.  Paul Pierce, the NBA Finals MVP carried that team.  That whole championship argument is null when you're the third option.  That's like saying Dennis Rodman is better than Karl Malone because of rings. 

Ray wasn't the 3rd option in the Finals. He was the best player and deserving of the Finals MVP in my eyes.

He started the Playoffs in a slump but he powered with Finals victory with consistently great play. Pierce fed off of his energy and came up with some big plays but Ray was robbed of that MVP.

Just Google Ray Allen Finals and MVP will autofill, bringing a page full of articles.

Ray came through clutch when it matters, but bricked a lot during the game. Each took over during different quarters.

Reggie in my eyes is the better player, I understand Ray had more skills, but Reggie's ability to scored the ball so efficiently with very very low turnover rate makes up for his lacking in other facets of the game plus playing  in one of the toughest defensive era's in basketball.

I love Miller. Super clutch. But, I would take Allen. Allen was a shooter and scorer. I would say Miller was more of a shooter (but a damn good one though).

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by THE SAUNA

Reggie Miller that year:

18.1 ppg
3.0 rpg
2.3 apg

Jalen Rose that year:

18.2 ppg
4.8 rpg
4.0 apg

Ray just had a better all-round game than Miller.. Dude was 6'7 and he never averaged more than 3.9 rebounds in his career.
Jalen Rose was
pimp.gif
had him running the point part-time with Mark Jackson
pimp.gif
I miss that Pacers squad
frown.gif
the Davis bros!
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Physicx

championships

ray: 1
reggie: 0

pimp.gif
Ray's teammates: Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Rajon Rondo, Kendrick Perkins - 22 all-star appearances
Reggie's sidekicks: Rik Smits, Jalen Rose, Mark Jackson, Chris Mullin - 6 all-star appearances, 5 by Mullin, who wasn't a starter at this point in his career.

Your argument = fail.

And Ray Allen is my favorite player in the L right now.

dug this grave up to ask the question...

who's would you pick to take that 3 thatt you desperately need?

--Didnt Ray Allen get to his 3 point total in faster time frame/less attempts?
--Reggie played in an era against the greatest of all time as his nemesis...Shuttlesworth played in an era against arguably the second best all time as his nemesis.

One has the record

one has a ring

both had the opportunity to play for a championship team

only one took that chance

comparison OVER

Sidebar - Reggie is an awful commentator but was a terrific player

Back
Top Bottom