**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole Lakers-Pelicans thing reeks of collusion. Ball, Kuzma, & Ingram all have pretty significant flaws but they should take the package anyway for the hell of it.

Silver needs to seriously consider revamping the revenue sharing system in the next CBA.

lmfao

@cashusclay Again, I believe Griff is more than competent and the team is capable of success. But from the outside looking in, it really has appeared the Pelicans have been ran like a secondary sport franchise toy to a billionaire family that did both their community and the NBA a favor by keeping that team in NO. Again, I really do hope they get it together because they've been gifted another generational talent, one that I know will be easy for the good people of that community will get behind.

Nah. If you got the power to choose where you work you take it.

The whole idea of there being a draft where these young men don't have the freedom to choose where they work and can be forced into potentially toxic situations for half a decade of their life just feels dated and rubs me the wrong way.
Instead of rewarding these players for being great the organizations that fail get rewarded

Wasn’t rigged imo. Just a lucky bounce of the ball...
giphy.gif

The whole idea of there being a draft where these young men don't have the freedom to choose where they work and can be forced into potentially toxic situations for half a decade of their life just feels dated and rubs me the wrong way.
Instead of rewarding these players for being great the organizations that fail get rewarded

The alternative is every entering player is a free agent and you end up with half the league are a warriors super team and the other half are poverty grizzlies.

What’s the middle ground?

The alternative is every entering player is a free agent and you end up with half the league are a warriors super team and the other half are poverty grizzlies.

Give the teams an allotted amount of money based on record and let the players choose between money vs whatever they want (location, org, playing time, etc).

If every player got to choose their own team there either wouldn't be a salary cap or players wouldn't get paid anywhere near their worth. The league probably wouldn't even be able to sustain 20 teams as many wouldn't survive financially.

There doesn't need to be a middle ground because there is nothing wrong with the current system. People need to realize that the NBA is a job first and foremost. Just like with any other profession if you don't like it you have the choice to quit and find a different job. Being paid millions to play a sport for a living is a privilege. Put in your time and eventually you earn the right to choose where you want to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom