Relationship/girl help thread. Vol. semi long distance (Edit: Update on page 5)

Right now homie, I think youre being real selfish for even considering giving her an "ultimatum".
Either you end things now or you deal with it. Shorty is trying to do right by her and if you two go the distance itll definitely be worth it for you as well to be with someone with no debt.
Credit score game on lock.

Give it some time, see where things go. What if shes not as serious as you are about the relationship?
Even worse, you say you still doing some things to get your life and financial situation back in order she could easily turn this whole thing around on you cause shes actually at a place where youd like to be.

Good luck bro.

Right now homie, I think youre being real selfish for even considering giving her an "ultimatum".
Either you end things now or you deal with it. Shorty is trying to do right by her and if you two go the distance itll definitely be worth it for you as well to be with someone with no debt.

Give it some time, see where things go. What if shes not as serious as you are about the relationship?
Even worse, you say you still doing some things to get your life and financial situation back in order she could easily turn this whole thing around on you cause shes actually at a place where youd like to be.

Good luck bro.

Like my man Minnie said, how can you really expect her to quit her job for YOU. She has 2 months invested in you dude, who do you think you are?

Like my man Minnie said, how can you really expect her to quit her job for YOU. She has 2 months invested in you dude, who do you think you are?

Originally Posted by Diego

this.
its been 2 months bro.   you seem to be the real jealous type or get mad easily

this.
its been 2 months bro.   you seem to be the real jealous type or get mad easily

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I do want to know how you all couldn't forsee this happening before you got together. I am sure she knew what her job would entail before you got together so I think we can say, "You knew what you were getting into."

I don't see it working man. I could see if you all had some experience together but since you have only been together for 2 months, I don't see that foundation that will make you be able to get through the distance. Now if you were already together for 2 years and then a situation like this came about then I could see the potential. But I don't see this working.

Nice food man.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

it's 1 friggin year.
suck it up dude

IF you're serious about planning the future with this person, isn't 1 year of sacrifice worth having financial stability when you DO take that next step?

I think a year is a lot to ask for in a situation where they REALLY don't know each other. Remember, they have been together for 2 months. I don't think a relationship should START OFF as a long distance affair. I am curious as to how long dude and girl were talking before they got together.
I cosign DC...

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I do want to know how you all couldn't forsee this happening before you got together. I am sure she knew what her job would entail before you got together so I think we can say, "You knew what you were getting into."

I don't see it working man. I could see if you all had some experience together but since you have only been together for 2 months, I don't see that foundation that will make you be able to get through the distance. Now if you were already together for 2 years and then a situation like this came about then I could see the potential. But I don't see this working.

Nice food man.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

it's 1 friggin year.
suck it up dude

IF you're serious about planning the future with this person, isn't 1 year of sacrifice worth having financial stability when you DO take that next step?

I think a year is a lot to ask for in a situation where they REALLY don't know each other. Remember, they have been together for 2 months. I don't think a relationship should START OFF as a long distance affair. I am curious as to how long dude and girl were talking before they got together.
I cosign DC...

Your looking to far ahead in this situation... You only been with her for 2 months and your talking about starting families; pump your brakes and drive slow my man....

Your looking to far ahead in this situation... You only been with her for 2 months and your talking about starting families; pump your brakes and drive slow my man....

Chill Seeko...
Chill.
Give it more time to see what happpens and THEN do whatever you think you need to do.You don't just want to throw that away man...
You may NEVER find that again.

Chill Seeko...
Chill.
Give it more time to see what happpens and THEN do whatever you think you need to do.You don't just want to throw that away man...
You may NEVER find that again.

If she was around everyday you'd be complaining about having to spend too much time with her. You're young. This seems like the ideal relationship for now. She clearly cares enough to spend her time with you when she is around (cooking and taking care of you) but isn't around too much to the point where petty arguments and little fights will become a problem. My advice: Roll with it

You have some nerve to even consider that she should quite her job for you. You only know her for two months, you have no right to start making demands from her. You only have two choices in this situation, stay with her and have a long distance relationship or break up.

If she was around everyday you'd be complaining about having to spend too much time with her. You're young. This seems like the ideal relationship for now. She clearly cares enough to spend her time with you when she is around (cooking and taking care of you) but isn't around too much to the point where petty arguments and little fights will become a problem. My advice: Roll with it

You have some nerve to even consider that she should quite her job for you. You only know her for two months, you have no right to start making demands from her. You only have two choices in this situation, stay with her and have a long distance relationship or break up.

your in a tough spot, but just ride it out.. Go on with your life normally when she aint around.

your in a tough spot, but just ride it out.. Go on with your life normally when she aint around.

glen-quagmire.png

slow down bro

DCAllAmerican wrote:
I do want to know hwo you all couldn't forsee this happening before you got together. I am sure she knew what her job would entail before you got together so I think we can say, "You knew what you were getting into."

Nice food man.

Dirtylicious wrote:
it's 1 friggin year.
suck it up dude

This is sorta what I was thinking. This scenario could end up so many different ways. In the worst case, I could end  up wasting an entire year and missing out on some good opportunities. I guess taking risks is a part of any relationship, soo... Yeah....

Dirtylicious wrote:
it's 1 friggin year.
suck it up dude

Good point. I was meaning to mention this in my original post. It DOES make sense, and it's a better thing to do logically instead of thinking with her heart and box all the time. It's actually a good quality to look for in a girl... But then I just think about the fact that were two months in and she's asking for a year...

cocolicious wrote:

Yeah, but can you really think like that? Does she have "some nerve" to consider me waiting a year for her to get her things straight, given I knew she was going to be a fa when I met her, I had no clue what her schedule would be like.

Good luck bro.

Again, I'll say to you the same thing I said to the guy above... And I have better credit than hers, but that's besides the point
smokin.gif

You have a point with the second part though. I'm pretty sure she wants long term, but she definitely could turn the situation around on me and I have put that into consideration because I tend to do a lot of procrastination and put studying and taking my certification exams to the side...
30t6p3b.gif

I'm just tryin to be honest, logical and rational with her and myself. All things taken into consideration....

DCAllAmerican wrote:
I do want to know hwo you all couldn't forsee this happening before you got together. I am sure she knew what her job would entail before you got together so I think we can say, "You knew what you were getting into."

Nice food man.

Dirtylicious wrote:
it's 1 friggin year.
suck it up dude

This is sorta what I was thinking. This scenario could end up so many different ways. In the worst case, I could end  up wasting an entire year and missing out on some good opportunities. I guess taking risks is a part of any relationship, soo... Yeah....

Dirtylicious wrote:
it's 1 friggin year.
suck it up dude

Good point. I was meaning to mention this in my original post. It DOES make sense, and it's a better thing to do logically instead of thinking with her heart and box all the time. It's actually a good quality to look for in a girl... But then I just think about the fact that were two months in and she's asking for a year...

cocolicious wrote:

Yeah, but can you really think like that? Does she have "some nerve" to consider me waiting a year for her to get her things straight, given I knew she was going to be a fa when I met her, I had no clue what her schedule would be like.

Good luck bro.

Again, I'll say to you the same thing I said to the guy above... And I have better credit than hers, but that's besides the point
smokin.gif

You have a point with the second part though. I'm pretty sure she wants long term, but she definitely could turn the situation around on me and I have put that into consideration because I tend to do a lot of procrastination and put studying and taking my certification exams to the side...
30t6p3b.gif

I'm just tryin to be honest, logical and rational with her and myself. All things taken into consideration....

Either suck it up for a year and stop being selfish, or move on to someone more available to you.

Why not allow her to sort out her debt within that years time before starting a family anyway?
Let her have that time and get things together. You plan on paying for it?
She doesn't have to be single in order to get what she needs done, she just needs a patient and reasonable significant other.
I want to smack you right now lol...Seriously.

Back
Top Bottom