Relaxers = The Devil: 9month old baby gets a relaxer, Are you serious!?!

smh.gif
frown.gif

I'm pretty sure my mom gave me one of those Just For Me relaxers when I was 5. I just started natural 3-4 years ago.
For most of the time it was relaxed my hair was fairly long, thick, and somewhat healthy. However, when I turned like 15 it started thinning and I didn't like that.

Anyways, relaxing a 9 month year old is just beyond extreme.

smh.gif
despicable..

I never had a perm in my life and @ 23 obviously never will..I really don't know what can be done for that girl's hair except moisturize & pray it grows in properly. What's worse is she may feel like she needs another perm 'cause mom doesn't think her hair is good enough & pounded that negative thought in her head..

I watched Good Hair and it really opened my eyes to the subject. I wouldn't want any woman that I care about EVER putting relaxers in their hair.

I was talking to a natural female and she said that there was an autopsy of a woman that has been getting relaxers put in her hair for decades and showed layers upon layers of mold and mildew under her scalp. I will try and find the article for anyone interested.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I watched Good Hair and it really opened my eyes to the subject. I wouldn't want any woman that I care about EVER putting relaxers in their hair.

I was talking to a natural female and she said that there was an autopsy of a woman that has been getting relaxers put in her hair for decades and showed layers upon layers of mold and mildew under her scalp. I will try and find the article for anyone interested.

Please do.

Ok cool. I am waiting for her to send me the link for it.

For all my scientific dudes out there I have a question. Would it be crazy to believe that these chemicals from those relaxers can interfere with brain performance? Not sure if it can penetrate the scalp.........skull.....and down into the brain.

poor baby. her hair is done for.

i lowkey messed up my hair when i was trying to get curls back in 11th grade. over processed, had scabs and %$%% on my scalp. its straight now, but it was cool when i got my hair cut though
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom