Relaxers = The Devil: 9month old baby gets a relaxer, Are you serious!?!

tired.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

wowwww unbelievable..like what would be the point to relax a childs hair at 9 months?
and now her hair is damaged as helll

This don't have +%+@ to do with "we". Whoever did that to the baby is dumb but his is far from a "we"'situation. I hate when some of y'all say that +%+@.

OMG... this almost makes me want to cry. What parent does this seriously. How is anyone going to put a chemical on their head that you need gloves to apply it. SMH *%$ is ridiculous. My childs hair is just going to have to be nappy...i dont care.

Most females I know got their first relaxers before the age of 5. It happens pretty often. (Not saying it is right). Just a common practice most folks don't even think twice about doing or WHY they do it.

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

whats relaxing?

[table][tr][td]
TheTruth About Hair Relaxers
byCassia McClain​
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Questionsabout our products or need advice about what is best for you? 
CallToll Free (800)-405-1912 / Talk to Real People - No Phone Menus! 
Weekdays- Best Time: 8 am to 6 pm (Pacific Time)
Orplease send an email to customerservice@skinbiology.com
[/td][/tr][/table]

See Also RepairingDamage from Relaxers

WhatYou Need to Know About: Chemical Hair Relaxers

hardrick60.jpg

Hair breakage, hair thinning,lack of hair growth, scalp irritation, scalp damage, hair loss. These arejust some of the complaints from many who experience problems due to themisuse of chemical hair relaxers. In fact, the FDA lists hair straightenersand hair dyes among its top consumer complaint areas. Yet, in so many storesaround the country, chemicals are available for everyone to use, withoutmuch instruction, a powerful process which transforms the basic chemicalmakeup of the hair strand. Before beginning any hair treatment, especiallyone that introduces chemicals to your hair, you owe it to yourself to bewell informed. Armed with a better understanding of this process, you willbe able to make good decisions with regard to hair and scalp care.

If you have naturallytightly curled hair you have the option of styling it using products specificallydesigned for your hair type as it is, or the option to straighten the hairwhich opens up further hair styles to be available to you. However, chemicallystraightening the hair should be carefully thought out and thoroughly studied. We have compiled essential information on chemical hair relaxers and urgeyou to read the following carefully and, if not for yourself, share itwith a friend.

HairRelaxers: Hair Discovers Lye

alvarezmodel60.jpg

His name was Garrett AugustusMorgan and he was born the seventh of eleven children of former slaves.He is best known for his invention of the automatic traffic signal andgas mask. But it was around 1910 that he stumbled upon what would becomehis contribution to the hair care products industry and what would pavethe way for several other entrepreneurs and manufacturers over the nexthundred years.

While working in a sewingmachine repair shop attempting to invent a new lubricating liquid for themachine needle, it is widely believed that Morgan wiped his hands on awool cloth, returned the next day, found the woolly texture of the clothhad “smoothed out

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

This don't have %@*% to do with "we". Whoever did that to the baby is dumb but his is far from a "we"'situation. I hate when some of y'all say that %@*%.

Whether yall acknowledge it or not, these instances of black people effing up makes ALL of us look bad.

This don't have +%+@ to do with "we". Whoever did that to the baby is dumb but his is far from a "we"'situation. I hate when some of y'all say that +%+@.

if the we he is talking about is stupid people

this is an isolated incident,most of us have alot more sense then that...when it comes to hair atleast

Originally Posted by AG 47

This don't have %@*% to do with "we". Whoever did that to the baby is dumb but his is far from a "we"'situation. I hate when some of y'all say that %@*%.

Whether yall acknowledge it or not, these instances of black people effing up makes ALL of us look bad.
The kind of people who would judge a group based on the actions of an ignorant individual would have no problem finding a reason to be critical.
Those people and their opinions of me, my culture and my race don't faze me. I "look bad" to them already so why should I be embarrassed for or by the actions of someone else?

I don't "look bad" because some dumb +!! mother put lye in her daughter's hair and neither do you. Stop caring so much about what other people think and let those mental chains slide off of your brain.

Thank you General Johnson. People that think like that will use anything they can to justify their stance on racism. If that's the type of person they are NOTING "we" do will be good enough.

Back
Top Bottom