Remember when this Air Jordan ____ dropped? (Check page 1 weekly..)

Share your stories and reminisce with fellow NTers on these past and present Jordan releases. Got any cool stories? Share'em.. Didn't want on line? Well, share some Nike.com stories..

Can't wait to hear some interesting stories, from some NTers.. 
pimp.gif

Week #2: Air Jordan DMP VI XI

air-jordan-dmp-defining-moments-package-2.jpg

History
Week #1(March 21st to March 28th): Air Jordan 5 Grapes
Week #2(March 28th to April 4th): Air Jordan DMP VI XI

I wasn't up on the V's. I didnt start getting into the V's until I saw the red suede V's of the DMP Toro Bravo pack.

i was in fourth grade, (im now 30) and it sat on shelfs for months and months and months, nobody liked them and they all ended up in outlets.

I take it you're referring to the retro.

Me and my boys were in school and decided we'd go to Pittsburgh for the release at Sneaker Villa. We leave Morgantown around 3 and get to pittsburgh a little after 4. When we get there, we hassle the workers about size availability, exact time of release, and if there had been getting a lot of call volume for them or not. So after we leave their store we just chill around Pitt, going to different stores and what not. My boy gets his car out of the parking garage and parks it right in front of SV, so we can bounce immediately after we get our kicks (we'd been to pitt previously for the DMP release and knew how pitt dudes were).

About an hour before the release mad heads roll in the store and just chill there until the release. One such cat tells me he won't have any problems and if he does he knows what to do. He proceeds to brandish a gun he has in his pocket. I didn't know it was that serious, damn. Anywho, the time for the release finally rolls around, which was about 10pm, if I'm not mistaken. The employees had guaranteed me they had enough of my size 13 to go around, but when I get to the register, the biggest is a 12. Mind you, the few people in front of me all got smaller sizes, so I know some shadiness was going on. Ended up getting the 12 instead. My boy got his 12 as well, while my other boy was left out in the dry on his 14 (they didn't even get the size).

It was a good night. Well worth it.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

I take it you're referring to the retro.

Me and my boys were in school and decided we'd go to Pittsburgh for the release at Sneaker Villa. We leave Morgantown around 3 and get to pittsburgh a little after 4. When we get there, we hassle the workers about size availability, exact time of release, and if there had been getting a lot of call volume for them or not. So after we leave their store we just chill around Pitt, going to different stores and what not. My boy gets his car out of the parking garage and parks it right in front of SV, so we can bounce immediately after we get our kicks (we'd been to pitt previously for the DMP release and knew how pitt dudes were).

About an hour before the release mad heads roll in the store and just chill there until the release. One such cat tells me he won't have any problems and if he does he knows what to do. He proceeds to brandish a gun he has in his pocket. I didn't know it was that serious, damn. Anywho, the time for the release finally rolls around, which was about 10pm, if I'm not mistaken. The employees had guaranteed me they had enough of my size 13 to go around, but when I get to the register, the biggest is a 12. Mind you, the few people in front of me all got smaller sizes, so I know some shadiness was going on. Ended up getting the 12 instead. My boy got his 12 as well, while my other boy was left out in the dry on his 14 (they didn't even get the size).

It was a good night. Well worth it.

eek.gif

That's crazy.. I would of let him stand in front of me in line, just in case..
laugh.gif

I got my pair, my homeboy wasnt so lucky. Still in pretty good condition. I brought them with me to wear on spring break. Still wish I would have gotten a 9.5 instead of a 10 tho.

Originally Posted by retromj17

all i gotta say is
smh.gif
that was me after missing out on them.

yeah I actually had no money at the time these dropped....was kicking myself later on.

but i got lucky and scooped up a pair on ebay for not much more than retail
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

missed the release but about a week later i met some girl and she gave me a pair my size 2 lol! never forget that thursday...i did hit it right lol

got two pairs, was the biggest hassle everrrrrr. i ended up getting rid of them, knew i was too much of white boy to ever be able to pull them off.

Got my pair for my birthday.. My girl dropped $250 for them, still haven't worn them more then 10x

day i shall never forget, sept 30th. while standing in line for these, i get a phone call from one of my army buddy in iraq, gave me some bad news. one of my good friends who i served with and went to iraq on our first tour, just got killed. He was in his second tour in iraq. I consider these a tribute shoe to my fallen friend also a fellow sneakerhead.

I passed on these. But I have no regrets. I've never in my life bought a sneaker because of the value or the hype. I like these, but I wasn't willing to go through all the bs just get a pair.

Now the first DMP is a whole nother story. I tried like hell to get those damn shoes. I waited in line for hours and still didn't get'em. Went home got on the net to find out that resell price was already double the retail price within hours of the official release!!!!!!! What p*sses me off the most, is till this day, I've never in my whole life seen anyone wearing either of those shoes on the street.

ahhhhhhhhh i miss those dayss, when jordan brand was on point. i don't think the whole reselling thing was as bad back then. people bought their sneakers to wear or to keep for their personal collection because they actually wanted them

Originally Posted by Itz Dat Sauce

ahhhhhhhhh i miss those dayss, when jordan brand was on point. i don't think the whole reselling thing was as bad back then. people bought their sneakers to wear or to keep for their personal collection because they actually wanted them
These came out in what, 2006?
eyes.gif
Reselling was just as prevalent as ever, and it hit these hard because they were LS. As for Jordan Brand being on point, I can't agree with that either. Making these an LS release was a bad call, and then the quality was pretty disappointing.

Still a nice shoe, don't get me wrong. I drove outta town to get them and was a little late arriving, everything was long gone. Ended up copping 2 pairs off eBay, still have one DS size 11.5...

When these came out I went to Footaction on 34th st (around 10pm) and saw there was a crazy line. I knew I wasn't going to be able to get them so I proceeded home.

Once I got home, I got a call from a DJ I met at Footaction a couple weeks ago. He asked me if I wanted the grapes and I said "yea, but the line is crazy." He said he would get them for me, if I can get him some vinyl from the label I was working at. I said hell yea.

I drove back out to footaction and got my pair before they started selling it to the pubic. I was a happy man that day
pimp.gif

EDIT: I like the concept of this thread 
smokin.gif

It was a easy cop for me woke up at seven went to city sports was in the line for 2 hours me and four other dudes went in a got my 8.5

Back
Top Bottom