remove insoles to size up .5

got a couple of pairs of air max that are a half size too small - they fit perfectly without the insoles in place just wondering if this is going to do any damage to the shoe wearing them without the insole?

or is there another option i.e paper thin inners i can purchase? 

got a couple of pairs of air max that are a half size too small - they fit perfectly without the insoles in place just wondering if this is going to do any damage to the shoe wearing them without the insole?

or is there another option i.e paper thin inners i can purchase? 

Was thinking about this also

Use to do this years ago. Never did any damage to any of the shoes I removed the insole from(generally forces). More like going up a quarter of a size.

Last edited:
Its uncomfortable.. I do this on my air metal maxes because ive had em since 7th grade

95% of Nike shoes cushioning these days is done through the insoles.. There is little to no foam/air feedback. What you think is comfort and bounce is likely coming from the insoles... So I would be careful.

i'd be more concerned about the damage to my FEET than the damage to the damn sneakers
laugh.gif
QFT

How about buy shoes in your size?

These days its not guaranteed, sometimes i get stuck with a pair that is a .5 sz away from my actual size, a paper thin insole that is comfortable and will make up for my size at the same time would be a good alternative

I did read your post. You bought a couple pairs of shoes in the wrong size. Go buy shoes in the correct size, problem solved.

Try aldo they have really thin insoles for women (my girl uses them) they might have them for men too ,they wont last you long though.

I did this once when i was 13 and never again. Did it for 1 day and it hurt so bad :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom