RENDERING: Nike Lebron VIII

I did this way back for the PBF contest.  I've done some minor changes since I submitted it, but I figure I'd post it up.  It was inspired by the possibility of Lebron signing with the Knicks.  So I took the whole NYC/Gotham thing and took Batman's armor as inspiration.  Basically the upper is composed of posite-like armor that are connected by bands of webbing that is made up of strong nylon fibers.  Its suppose to have a very military like look to it.  Hope you guys enjoy.  Any critiques are invited.

Those are real nice man!

nice job
pimp.gif

Thanks for posting arch....Very sick as usual....

I really see the whole armor batman thing going on...Cool idea...

Too bad nothing happened with the contest...

nice rendering, damn, my render sucks. I'll post my concept, still reworking and expanding it.

Arch- One thing I would like to see on these is a little more personal details from Lebron...To really make it a signature shoe...

Valid point arff23.  I wish I could have incorporated personal details. My main goal was really trying to drive home the inspiration and not thinking details so much.  I'd try to do the personal details in a more subtle way, but I'd have to think about it harder, because details can really amp it up and I dont wanna throw hometowns and words and family members on to the outsole just for the sake of it.  Sadly this is a mini project, and wont be legit folio material for me, so I'm not sure if I'll really work on it more.

CE0 Mal, I wish I could say I was the new BP, but I am not.  I'm in a different niche.  I'm not a master photoshop colorway/renderer/manipulator guy.  I just like to design shoes and render them.  I'd relate more to arff as he's primarily a designer first.  But thank you.

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

The new BP.

Good photoshops/renderings make me sad.
frown.gif

Ya..Though BP has started to do some original designs..They aren't really the same...
Plus ARCH has been around longer..He is nowhere new, but one of the original NT designers...He just doesn't post too much anymore...

Yeah BP's original designs are cool and more enjoyable than his photoshop recolors in my opinion. He renders his original stuff in a cool realistic way.

very nice. those foam plates came off very well, batman himself can wear it and it wouldn't look out of place with his armor. good job.

Back
Top Bottom