Research paper, need help with thesis statement

Im doing a research paper on sweatshops and i need a thesis statement and an outline for tomorrow. I just found out it due and im having writers block. ithinks thats what its called. but help a nter out and give me an og thesis statement stating that sweatshops are bad. COME ON NT!!!!

[h1]Horse[/h1][h3]From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/h3][table][tr][th=""]
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][th=""] Scientific classification[/th] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Kingdom:[/td] [td]Animalia
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Phylum:[/td] [td]Chordata
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Class:[/td] [td]Mammalia
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Order:[/td] [td]Perissodactyla
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Family:[/td] [td]Equidae
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Genus:[/td] [td]Equus
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Species:[/td] [td]E. ferus
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Subspecies:[/td] [td]E. f. caballus
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]Trinomial name[/th] [/tr][tr][td]Equus ferus caballus
Linnaeus, 1758[sup][1][/sup][/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]Synonyms[/th] [/tr][tr][td]
48, listed here
[/td] [/tr][/table]
The horse (Equus ferus caballus)[sup][2][/sup][sup][3][/sup] is a hoofed (ungulate) mammal, a subspecies of one of seven extant species of the family Equidae. The horse has evolved over the past 45 to 55 million years from a small multi-toed creature into the large, single-toed animal of today. Humans began to domesticate horses around 4500 BC, and their domestication is believed to have been widespread by 3000 BC;by 2000 BC the use of domesticated horses had spread throughout the Eurasian continent. Although most horses today are domesticated, there are still endangered populationsof the Przewalski's Horse, the only remaining true wild horse, as well as more common feral horses which live in the wild but are descended from domesticated ancestors.

wow, one guy leaves a comment like that on someone's thread and now everyone and their mommas want to leave a comment like that. SMH @ that. It wasnt funnythe first time so its not going to be funny the next time nor the times after it. IF YOU HAVE NOTHING HELPFUL TO POST, THEN DONT POST A COMMENT PLEASE.

everyone has to go through writers blocks, its part of the writing process, i just learned that today

your mind has to struggle until you reach the illumination stage
nerd.gif

Thats funny, I did a paper on this a few years ago....

I am staring at it right now actually, mine has an excellent thesis too.

I was going to share it but..... Nope.

Have fun, learning is great

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

lol thats cold.
indifferent.gif

YOu should do it on sneaker sweatshops or any other more specific type of sweatshops.
Focusing on one thing will make it easier to write the paper.
That way you don't have to go too far off on tangents to include other
information that may not be too important or relevant.

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

laugh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

since the 90's and Nike's sweatshop crisis most company's now have what's called a "Corporate Responsibility" department (nike'sis particularly huge), where all they do is monitor their entire operation to make sure its all legit and within the laws/ethical.

there's still a lot of controversy surrounding it though cause self-monitoring is not always the best thing and in these 3rd world countries you havemostly contracted manufacturers, Nike doesn't own those factories. if you look back a few months there was an Outside the Lines (I think) that was aboutkids in India hand stitching Adidas soccer balls and severely hurting their eyesight cause its a huge strain especially at that age.

The basic factors you have is:

-Economics of 3rd World Countries, and the mis-perception by most people that those low wages are always unfair ($1/day might be a lot in some of thesecountries)
-NGOs (Non-governmental organizations), watchdogs that expose most companies and keep them honest
-the companies themselves, primarily their corporate responsibility and public relations people
-the workers themselves

I hate it when someone goes to China and "lives on the budget of a laborer" and is surprised when they lose 30lbs in a month. If those factoryworkers made 50k a year and ate McDonald's everyday they'd be fat slobs like the guy who lost 30lbs in China, duh, he probably needed to lose at least20 of those pounds.

Yo gather all the evidence you can regarding sweatshops and anaylze it on paper...then summarize it...you can use a call to action as a thesis statement aswell...just not verbatim..hope that helps homes

Do your own homework. A thesis statement should be easy to form once you do some research. Also if you had done your research, you may have found thatsweatshops are not all bad when you look at the alternatives for those who work in them. Wages and standards of living are usually lower for country farmers,which is normally what third world workers do when they do not work in factories.

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

Do your own homework. A thesis statement should be easy to form once you do some research. Also if you had done your research, you may have found that sweatshops are not all bad when you look at the alternatives for those who work in them. Wages and standards of living are usually lower for country farmers, which is normally what third world workers do when they do not work in factories.

yo i did my research. i know this information, so dont try to school me. But no where in my research did it say anything about farmers...3rd world countriesyes, farmers no. i could do my paper on the pros of sweatshops but i perfer on doing it about the cons of sweatshops. even though some sweatshops do serve asan escape from poverty for some people.

You don't even have to give a good thesis statement. 1 sentence on what you plan to show in your paper is sufficient.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

You don't even have to give a good thesis statement. 1 sentence on what you plan to show in your paper is sufficient.

Not if you have a teacher like mine.

Sweatshops and sweetshops are complete opposites of each other, but can be easily confused by a misused letter.

Sweatshops are places that kids hate to go, sweetshops are places that kids love to go.

It's sweet to shop for sweets not made is sweatshops.

Sometimes I sweat when I shop for sweets, especially after reading about sweatshops.

I just got done working in the shop and I sweat through my shirt and it dripped on my sweats.

Sweat is not sweet, it's bitter.

Sweets are not bitter, they're sweet.

I'm really sweating this thesis statement, maybe I'll get a sweet response on NikeTalk.

Originally Posted by YungSwagga

just took about how the workers are
over worked and payed cents an hour
smh.gif

my dude. don't even attempt to "took" anymore.
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom