Reselling tickets as a hustle-- how profitable is it?

I think its a good move because the Thunder are only getting better and they are young! So they will be in the playoffs alot so you should make some money! But what do I know

Gaga? I would never have guessed. I'll probably get 2 side by side nosebleed seasons that face at like 8$ and keep them on eBay perpetually for like 32$ would be 100% profit margin and then make a custom pack of a lower level for the games I want to go to. If nothing else, I got friends who would always buy the upper levels almost regardless of the teams. I just copped some cheapies for 20$ for a pair in the balcony and gave them to a homie.

But I ask because even when I don't have tickets, peope ask me like, "Can you get the Nets game?" and I'm like let me see and I just log into eBay, stubhub, and now Thunder Ticket Exchange and find what they want, subjectively decide a profit I want on them and tell them. It's amazing how people being kind of lazy has helped me out.

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

Can't be too good... you see who the guys scalping tickets are ? They're borderline bums.
laugh.gif

It depends on what team.  If you want to make money, you will have to skip out on the big games.

Don't get high off your own supply.

I know a dude that has had Laker season tickets since Staples opened.  They are 300 level, he makes all his money and some during the playoffs.  However, he doesn't attend any of the playoff games.  He's happy watching the games at home and collecting money.  He also doesn't attend any marquee games, so no Cavs/Celts/Magic/Wizards (when MJ played).

Even though he is a Laker season ticket holder, he knows he's in it for the profit.  Which means the only games he attends are the ones that he can't make any profit on or is taking the L on.

I bought his tickets for the Wizards to watch MJ play.  He sold them to me for face value, I sold them, bought lower bowl tickets
smokin.gif

off topic but how long do you need to be a ticket holder/ how loaded do you have to be to get courtside seats for, say, the wizards?

my boy made $700 off those Aventura concerts
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

he got them early "presell" because his mother has amex platinum or some garbo

so I guess its best to have a hookup for presales or good seats
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

I've often thought of trying to get good season tickets for the Cubs. That has got to be somewhat profitable given the reseller market for people who just want to get to Wrigley.

i think the waitlist is sometime like 15 years (according to their website)

but scalping can be VERY profitable if done right, but ive also know people who have lost thousands of dollars on 1 game alone. just dont get too greedy
ive seen tickets on craigslist for cheeeeeeap for "popular" games/events too. its risky sometimes

off topic but how long do you need to be a ticket holder/ how loaded do you have to be to get courtside seats for, say, the wizards?

http://www.seats3d.com/nba/washington_wizards/

More than the Thunder obviously, but still not much. Baseline seats are always cheaper but they do it different than any other team I have seen. They charge 100$ at their box office/gate/ticketmaster, 50$ for a 1/2 season ticket holder, and 31 for a full season ticket holder With the other teams, they always sell them at the same face value from the box office.ticketmaster itself, it's just a matter of availability.
ive seen tickets on craigslist for cheeeeeeap for "popular" games/events too.

A lot of people are asking way too much of eBay, CL, and StubHub or whatever and I think the closer the event comes they end up with no choice but to lower their price. I'm charging 375$ on a 75$ face ticket (again, I didn't pay face for this particular set because I bought them before I got my seasons) and my phone is blowing up. Then my season ticket for that game is section 120, and I'm going to use that because I want to go. The Nuggets game isn't pulling as much interest as I thought it would.

i see what you mean, but its the lakers. how many times they play the lakers? twice? and you might be able to get good $$ for cavs/laker tix, but besides that it might be too much worth the risk

my dad has been a laker season seatholder for around 2 decades now...it's been a pretty good sidehustle for him but don't count on it to replace your main income

I bought some Muse floor tickets during a presale for $60 each that I can probably sell for $120 per ticket. I think it's only profitable if you have floor tickets. 

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Has anyone here used reselling tickets, particularly NBA tickets as a career or just a side hustle? How much did you make off of it? I ask because face value on tickets is actually so low compared to market value. For example, Thunder 2nd row under the basket have a face value of 75$, go 2 more rows back and now you're only 56$ Market value fluctuates based on the opponent obviously (like I'm selling that Lakers ticket for 375$ each and having NO problem getting buyers, however I bought that ticket 3rd hand myself so no huge profit margin for me), but it's always going to be more than face. I see some eBay sellers and they'll have tickets to something I'll buy then you see they have literally hundreds of listings like they are season ticket holders for everything.
laugh.gif

So I just became a season ticket holder for the Thunder (only had to buy the last 8 games) to get another Laker's ticket and because I paid face, I paid less total for all of them than I would for one at market value price and now get event, playoff, and next season priority. I got a lower level seat for 41$

To those who have seriously committed to this how much did you make? I am just looking to sell the games I don't plan on going to and I'm not price guaging the hell out of people, but next yr and maybe even this yr when playoff tickets come, look out.

Yeah you can make some money off the marquee games, like against the Celtics, Lakers, Cavs. But against the Nets, Bucks, Bobcats, etc. you will be taking a loss. I'm sure you will profit, but is it worth the money laid out and the hassle of selling/shipping them? Your call.

for concerts, sometimes those ticketmaster bs fees make it not even worth. they charge an order fee, convenience fee, facility fee.... *#+?
laugh.gif

if if i use my own paper and ink to print them, they charge me!

Back
Top Bottom