Rest in peace to Former Mayor of NYC Ed Koch (aka Judge on People's Court)

Ed Koch dead: Mayor who became a symbol of New York City passes away at 88
Koch is remembered for rescuing the city from near-financial ruin during his years as mayor from 1978 to 1989. A spokesman said he died Friday morning of congestive heart failure.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ed-koch-mayor-symbol-nyc-dies-article-1.1252914#ixzz2JeItdzfd

documentary out later...looks interesting

View media item 246408
View media item 246409
View media item 246410
View media item 246411
View media item 246412
View media item 246413
View media item 246414
View media item 246415
View media item 246416

Last edited:
its sad considering I just saw on the news the he left the hospital last week and he was going to screen the documentary on his life this week. I may not remember him as a mayor, as I was born in '90 but I do remember him as the amazing funny judge on the people's court. The documentary will definitely be watched. RIP

r.i.p

cleaned up this city when it absolutely looked liked sh*t . just take a look at the subways alone.

That picture where he is riding the subway is so bad a**

RIP old man.

:smh: NYC was raw back then...im a 88 baby so i wouldn't really know. man times have changed. RIP.

I was too young when he was mayor but from watching the People's Court he seemed like a stand up guy.

dude was about that life.

he definitely helped out the NYC economy, was watching this clip on how NYC was in a defect of one billion dollars in the 70's and he made cuts to state employees and cut unnecessary public programs, by the 80's the defect was under 50 million or so

Born in 83, NYC was GRITTY. When i think of mayors, he's da person i think

Of first.

He help save da grand central terminal.

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama is praising former New York Mayor Ed Koch as an "extraordinary mayor, irrepressible character, and quintessential New Yorker."

Koch died Friday of congestive heart failure at the age of 88.

Obama said Koch took office when New York was in a fiscal crisis and helped the city's economic revival. He applauded Koch's energy and force of personality. He took note of Koch commitment to causes, including Israel's security.

The topic of Israel created a rift between the president and Koch during Obama's first term, a rift that Koch said was patched after the president came out in a U.N. speech against the Palestinians' bid for statehood.

Obama said he and first lady Michelle Obama send prayers to Koch's loved ones "and to the city that survives him."

:rofl: wait, Ed Koch called Governor Andrew Cuomo a punk a few days ago... Ed was a g to the end lol

anyways, more pics

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom