Resume, recruiters , job GURU’s.. I thought ‘EVERYONE’ was hiring???

25+ apps since New Year
One call back/interview. What’s going on out here?

From 9-5’s, wfh, Fedex, Target, Wholefoods… My resume/Linkedin can’t be that booty. What’s out there?

I’m on LinkedIn, Indeed, flexjobs, zip recruiter, Monster, etc

Try some startups too

Problem is every job receives so many applications for one job posting

Try a small recruiter too that’s not a big company like zip recruiter
Search for some recruiters in your area

You’ll get a job brother just don’t give up

TBH 1/25 isn't terrible.

You have to realize most desirable job postings are getting at least 100+ resumes. Unless you know someone, it's basically pure chance whether you get a call back or not.
If you apply for a position, be proactive and follow up after a week or two and let them know you're serious about the company.

Worst case scenario, you could always reach out to Robert Half or any other major recruitment agency to get you something while you look for a real situation. It's much easier to find a job when you have one.

I agree with y’all that chimed in so far. Times is real wild out here, and knowing people/connections is everything this has always been the case, it especially now.

Seems a bit early, no? For my employer, HR generally let resumes gather for 2 weeks after posting before going through them.

So if a job was posted 12/31, i think they'd probably wait until Monday to start looking at them and then sending out initial phone interview requests middle of next week.

This is 2005-2008 all over again. Can’t remember how many applications I gave, and 2 callbacks. Didn’t stay at the minimum wage crap job for even a year.

Back
Top Bottom