Retail Workers FTL? Vol. Pet Peeves

Man who in here works in retail??? (footlocker employes EXCLUDED cuz i know thats a dream job.)

man...i thought i was people person for sure...im 16 and i work at sears...
like i applied EVERYWHERE the day i turned 16...and only sears called a N_ back(actually you schedule your interview date online)
soo this is my first job...its fun at time...but man...it sure has made me hate

1. going to the mall(cuz i work @ the sears in the mall so im in that b_ like everyday)
2. people who cant speak english(no offense)
3. rushing customers
4. CHEAP customers
5. argumentive customers
6. customers who aint listening to w..t..f you sayin...
7. customers in general
laugh.gif

seriously tho....you got some people who just READY to swipe they card...dont even give you time to ring the %%%! up! then there was this one lady who had thenerve to bring bout 1983768943 items and then before i even started ringing told me i better hurry up
roll.gif

also sometimes when i go to other stores i find my self picking up clothes thats on the ground + i be folding clothes back when im done
laugh.gif

anyone else work @ retail stores and got any customer stories...??? i got umpteen more....but lets get the thread started first

LOL!

Welcome to the real world my brother!

Unfortunately it's gonna be like this at every retail job you work at.

this should be motivation to succeed & to stick to school

unless you you will be 23 years old still making $10 an hour with no future.

Customer: You got these in a 10
Me: Nah, the smallest we got is a 12
Customer: You got it in a 10.5 then?
Me:
grin.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Sometimes if people asked for a size I'd just go to the back for a little while to act like I'm looking for a shoe and come out and tell them wedon't have it. I gave up the retail business though

Footlocker, or any chain shoe store in general, is nowhere near a dream job. Employee discount is awesome, but you still deal with dumb customers.

Welcome to the horrible, horrible world of working retail. It's just the nature of people and customers, they're impatient, rude, and can be a royalpain in the @*%.

It definitely helped me understand how hard people working retail have it at times, so I've tried my best to be courteous and understanding of how busy andhectic it can be.

I'm 20 and every job i've had was in retail. I hate it but that's why i'm going to school.

The worst thing imo is the scheduling. Working weekends and not having a set time schedule FTL bc i always gotta wait to see if i can go somewhere or dosomething.

customer - " Excuse me, do you have any more of these in the back ? "
me - " im sorry everything we have is on the floor " ( knowin damn well i gotta grip of em in the back)

for the nice customers i'll do it for em. If ur a prick, you get nuthin.

Originally Posted by piczon1983

me - " im sorry everything we have is on the floor " ( knowin damn well i gotta grip of em in the back)

This.

and cheap customers?..
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by JP310

The worst thing imo is the scheduling. Working weekends and not having a set time schedule FTL bc i always gotta wait to see if i can go somewhere or do something.
Anit that the truth , this year worked from 6 pm christmas eve to 2 am christmas morning
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
bye bye christmas

Originally Posted by piczon1983

i used to pretend to check for them.. this gave me 5-10 minutes of kicking back in the stock room
pimp.gif

smh.gif
I used to work at Finishline at the mall... what im about to say may sound racist... but whatever.

I would hate havin to work sundays... Our old manager used to call it "Mexican Sunday"

Majority of the customers would be mexicans that barely spoke any english... they'd come to the mens side asking for a size "siss... siss & ahiph"

tell em you dont have it... and it only comes in mens. the smallest would be a 9... then they wanna try it anyway!!!!

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by MrWavez

(footlocker employes EXCLUDED cuz i know thats a dream job.)

indifferent.gif

ohwell.gif
...i mean...im just sayin....i thought it was....id deal with #+%*people all day if i got to get employee disc. and a SURE way to get hyped releases like SJs.

but. mannnn there was this one lady she bought a shirt for 9.98...then she comes back with a CUT OUT RIP OUT pic of that shirt for 7.98...
and she is like "its supposed to be 7.98 why did you overcharge me?" im like "mam...i cant honor that...it doesnt even have a date, our storename...or ANYTHING on it besides the pic of the shirt and the price"...shes like "no no no its supposed to be 7.98" #$#*+ told me i didnt knowwhat i was talking about
roll.gif

it was like she didnt understand a word i was saying...and she stayed there and argued with me and the mca(person who in charge of item stock/prices/everythinglol)for like 20 min. im like....
indifferent.gif
over 2 DOLLARS????...i wouldagave it to her for that price but you gotta call a manager to get approval code on certain items...so we ended up calling the manager...and the manager arguedwith the lady for like 10 min...and i was like %#@% it...give it to her lol
laugh.gif

smh.gif
, the memories. I'm reluctant to get involved with this thread because it will bring back too many memories I've worked hard to suppresss..

Customer: "How much is the Wii?"
Me: "$199"
Customer: "Can I get a discount?"
Me: "So you just want some random *$# discount?" (yes I really said that)
Customer: "Yeah"
Me: "Sir, there is no discount you can get. You gonna buy it or what?"
Customer:
mad.gif

Me:
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
alien.gif

I work at a Grocery Store as a cashier

Exact Change is not that important and you are not doing me any favors by doing this.

People who think I have the prices for everything in the store memorized.
If you write a check, please make it fast. Checks hinder my checking speeds and lower my performance scores.

Don't crumple your money, it messes my till up and I will usually take longer to count your change back.

If the light to indicate if I'm open or not is turned off don't come to my line; it means I'm not open.

If you only have $100 to spend, don't come to my line with $150 worth of items, we have to put all that back on the shelf.

When you make me do a price check because your item didn't wring up right; don't get pissed at me, there are thousands of products in this store andit's ridiculous for you to think that we have every single on perfectly priced. Usually it's your fault because you couldn't ring the price tag.

I could go on and on.

Cliffs:
Checks will get your groceries bagged wrong and your bread smashed.
Don't pay with exact change, I count 10x faster than you.
Not everything is perfect and I didn't mess-up on perfect. So deal with it accordingly.

4 Years of this and you get a little salty.

Originally Posted by trapmuzik617

smh.gif

Majority of the customers would be mexicans that barely spoke any english... they'd come to the mens side asking for a size "siss... siss & a hiph"
tell em you dont have it... and it only comes in mens. the smallest would be a 9... then they wanna try it anyway!!!!
Making the slashing motion with their hand to signify half
laugh.gif
....."seis y media amigo"
Then they buy the 9 anyway
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by J23S

smh.gif

Majority of the customers would be mexicans that barely spoke any english... they'd come to the mens side asking for a size "siss... siss & a hiph"
laugh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by r0yalty

Customer: "How much is the Wii?"
Me: "$199"
Customer: "Can I get a discount?"
Me: "So you just want some random *$# discount?" (yes I really said that)
Customer: "Yeah"
Me: "Sir, there is no discount you can get. You gonna buy it or what?"
Customer:
mad.gif

Me:
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
alien.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by J23S

smh.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

EXACTLY!!! Like the hell u bout to do wit a shoe 3 sizes too big?! aint no way...

it is easy to sell them shoe cleaner and shoe laces... my sales numbers would be lovely on sundays
laugh.gif

working retail sucks. i got fired from my manager position at my past retail job i worked at and im much happier collecting unemployment checks getting 85%of what i would make for actually working and getting to focus on school and travel.

my main peeve about retail jobs is how underappreciated employees are.

i worked at my job for a year and a half and a few things made me stop giving a damn in the few months before i was let go.

1. most managers and district managers have that crabs in a bucket mentality. They know this is the best job they'll probably have because they haveminimal education and they look at you like
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
when you tell them that your going to need to change your hours because your goingback to school (regardless of the fact that your being considerate enough to try and schedule your classes to work around your work schedule) just because idon't see this job as my career doesn't mean you can take it out on me and make me feel guilty that it isn't

2. how the hell am i going to be working for the company for a year and corporate wants to be cheap with raises. stupid stores give these unreasonable salesgoals and add on items where they want you to harass and be on the customers nuts to convince them to buy which in reality are a waste of money that thecustomer doesn't even need but you want to give me every single excuse in the book when it comes to giving me a raise. news flash, the store makes morein 1 day then i get in a pay check eff outta here with that.

I had to nag and nag and nag to get my raise and out everyone that worked at my store, i was the only one to get a raise because i wouldn't stop harrassingcorporate and my dm about getting a raise when i had the sales numbers to deserve it.

With all that being said rude customers and dumb questions are annoying but they would be alot more tolerable if the retail companys took better care of theiremployees. (i know thats not going to happen though)

Most higher ups in retail are stupid though. They want to complain about shrinkage and theft yet employees come and go because you treat them like crap sothe employees either are taking stuff or don't care when stuff gets taken and also when you have a revolving door of employees stuff doesn't get donecorrectly because you don't have a consistent staff.

That being said, unless your in high school or going to school and its a part time job. working retail is a nightmare.

Back
Top Bottom