Retro-ing Dunk SB (colorways)

Originally Posted by proper english

is Nike ever going to do this?
i kinda want a new pair of Sea Crystals.. fo cheap tho. 

discuss. 

only time will tell

It's inevitable. Nike knows they make most of their profit retroing old shoes, why would they not re-release older SBs?

Originally Posted by proper english

is Nike ever going to do this?
i kinda want a new pair of Sea Crystals.. fo cheap tho. 

discuss. 
they aren't even that expensive....Bodecker and Shawn already said they wouldn't do retros....get your money up and go cop your crystals, let me tell you, they are completely worth it...even 300 for a DS pair. That is cheap for what you're getting.....

Are you talking about that 6 year old interview with Sandy Bodecker? I wouldn't hold that as gospel these days because you know Nike, if they think they can get a quarter point up by making retros of a shoe they said they'd never retro, expect it to come out in the next quarter.

I'm of the thought that if they ever retro the shoes I'll take a good look at them. I don't like worrying about beating up a pair of shoes I spent more than retail on and retros would let me save the ones I own for special occasions.

Originally Posted by mints

Are you talking about that 6 year old interview with Sandy Bodecker? I wouldn't hold that as gospel these days because you know Nike, if they think they can get a quarter point up by making retros of a shoe they said they'd never retro, expect it to come out in the next quarter.

I'm of the thought that if they ever retro the shoes I'll take a good look at them. I don't like worrying about beating up a pair of shoes I spent more than retail on and retros would let me save the ones I own for special occasions.
True, but SHAWN said it two years ago in SC....If they retroed anything, then many people and I'd be done with the brand. Bodecker said "if we're gonna do something limited then we'll do it limited" take that how you will.....again if you guys want the old stuff, then go buy it. It's not that hard.

True, also about Nike being a money hungry company, BUT if they did retro the stuff, a lot of people would stop buying them. Why do you think they haven't milked the Yeezy? Because as unwise as they seem with producing pieces in limited numbers, they know that if you mass produce a model, it will fall off and become unpopular and in turn they won't sell and Nike will no longer make any money from said model.

You don't have to worry about shoes when you wear them, and if you are worried then either don't wear that pair when you do serious activities or just buy two pairs, one to beat and one to either keep DS for the collection or to break out down the line.

Sure the cws absolutely suck right now and have been for the past 5 years, but retroing past successes is not the solution
(COMING UP WITH NEW AND ORIGINAL CWS (WITH A RELATABLE STORY) IS; ALONG WITH FIXING THE DUNK****I'LL EXPLAIN MORE IF YOU WANT)......  STOP REHASHING THIS TOPIC....PRETTY MUCH ALL OF THE OLD STUFF IS EASILY AVAILABLE FOR A PRICE

I don't buy that they wouldn't do it. Just not yet. Can people honestly say that if they re-released the tiffs you would stop buying Nike? Or even dunks? #### outta here. These guys have ruined every Jordan model ever and people are still on that tip. Even if a few og heads get turned off, there is always a new generation to exploit.

It's not like if the OG heads even buy SBs anymore. As soon as they can get away with doing it and not making it seem like they're actively screwing over collectors (who despite all the interviews to the contrary Nike doesn't give a damn about since the secondary market doesn't net them one dollar) you'll see the old color ways come out.

As for why they haven't milked the Yeezy, I'm guessing they're going to wait until whatever deal they had with Kanye on the shoes runs out, and then you'll see those come out.

Originally Posted by mints

It's not like if the OG heads even buy SBs anymore. As soon as they can get away with doing it and not making it seem like they're actively screwing over collectors (who despite all the interviews to the contrary Nike doesn't give a damn about since the secondary market doesn't net them one dollar) you'll see the old color ways come out.

As for why they haven't milked the Yeezy, I'm guessing they're going to wait until whatever deal they had with Kanye on the shoes runs out, and then you'll see those come out.

there's no reason to retro though.....and it has little to do with them messing up the prices as well. You know that if they made more of a certain cw, it would drive demand down. Seriously if they retroed, I would stop buying SBs because that would tell me that they as a brand have given up as far as keeping us interested with new and original cws. It's a sign of laziness, uncreativity, and just plain defeat. Why do you want retros so bad? Just get your money up and buy them. Part of the appeal for some to the SB line is that they don't retro, why would Nike SB jeopardize that demand just to make some supposed "poor" (I'm not calling anyone poor, I just meant it like a person who doesn't want to accept the market price and would rather whine for a retro edition instead of paying the market price for the shoe) collector happy by them having another chance to get Diamonds? They aren't that expensive.

Also, they said "we did the socks as a way of avoiding it (retros)" in an interview,, WHY CAN'T YOU GUYS JUST ACCEPT THAT THE STUFF ISN'T GOING TO RETURN AND JUST SPEND THE MONEY FOR THE SHOES INSTEAD OF BEING CHEAP BY WANTING TO TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT AND WISHING FOR A RETRO?

nobody said this hobby was cheap.

If they retro'd Sea Crystals, you know they wouldn't have that same buttery suede. And the hype with SBs isn't like Jordans, it's a more select group of people going for SBs compared to JB retros.

if they were smart they would retro them... anything they retro sells... well anything popular that is

Well, nike. HAS been retroing the old colorways - sort of. I mean, come on now plum HIGHS? Iron LOWS? UN-lodens? TRUE RE-cough-"Red Devil" highs? I know officially nike hasn't been assigning the nicknames but the influence is clearly there. At least you can sort of own a jankier version of an older sb in a different cut with maybe a slightly diff shade/materials if you didn't grab the older version. But they're different enough u might still buy even if u have the original

If It Does Happen We Probably Wont See It For Years... Im Sure 15 - 20 Years From Now Dunks Will Get Thrown Back Into The Mix An Nike Will Milk That Generation Just As They Did Us... Fashion Repeats Itself... Word To G-Shocks, Snapbacks, An High Top Fades...

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

A lot of dudes in here are mad salty not wanting certain shoes retroed because it'll hurt the market and what not
I've spent harsh lonely nights waiting in lines to get these shoes. I'd be pissed lol

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

A lot of dudes in here are mad salty not wanting certain shoes retroed because it'll hurt the market and what not

It's not even that dude, it's people dropping $XXX being salty that someone else will have a nearly identical (visually) shoe at a fraction of the price, thus "killing" the so called "game" ergo making their purchases worthless and all for naught in their eyes.
Retro em, won't hurt me.
laugh.gif
#InFor2000pairsOfTiffsAt83Bucks
roll.gif
crybabies

I say do it. I have a several good SBs and would not mind picking up some extras of my faves.

Back
Top Bottom