retro quality..smh

Originally Posted by Pig Love

You know if you guys didn't drive in your shoes they would last longer. I have driving shoes or flip flops, I never wear my J's in the car unless I'm a passenger. I guess it sounds stupid but most of my kicks still look good. I can't believe I'm posting this.

Wow...it's sad when dudes can't even drive in their hundred dollar plus shoes because they are afraid theywon't hold up. My first Jordans were the original fire red IVs that I got in the 6th grade. These were everydayshoes...gym, recess, they went through it all....sure I would wipe them down everyday because if I didn't take care of them they would have been my lastpair of J's, but those joints lasted above and beyond the release and purchase of the original V's....then they became my beaters. Even then, with them really taking a pounding, held up great. I grew out of them before they fell apart. I never thought things wouldget this bad. I guess you really can't go back.

Quality on retros is terrible.

Some parts of certain shoes are bound to do that anyway because of the way that they were made... But retro quality is BAD.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

i started collecting jays in 2006. and the paint on like all of my iii's v's, vii's etc. has chipped alot over time and certain parts of the shoes just fall apart. why spend that much on a shoe thats gonna look like $%%% after even just casual wear. im just really dissapointed in the quality. is there any certain jays that dont get messed up like that? or is there any way to prevent this besides not wear my shoes lol? this isnt just a %@!$@ an d moan post, im just wondering how other people feel about this too.
The quality of Jordans were already suspect in 2006. Jordans havent been great since the 1990s. If you dont like it don't buy it and stop being a hypebeast. I never understood why people will rush and buy every retro that comes out and then complain about the quality. The only way it will stop is if people stop being hypebeasts.
Nah homiey thats not being a hypebeast...just an unhappy customer.

The only decent retro i picked up from 06 had to be my Pure$ IVs...they still hold up better than most of the retros i got in 06.

You know if you guys didn't drive in your shoes they would last longer. I have driving shoes or flip flops, I never wear my J's in the car unless I'm a passenger. I guess it sounds stupid but most of my kicks still look good. I can't believe I'm posting this.

You know if you don't walk in them they'll last even longer
eek.gif
. Just tie the shoelaces from both shoes together and throw them around your neck.

eyes.gif

i've only had chipping problems with my aqua viii's. no problems with my iii's and iv's yet

yea the leather is so thin and the suede isn't even real suede! My 20/3 quality is bad the 3s leather is so thin and my 20s are ashy and rough. My cdp 18sare very ashy along with the 17s. The 22 quality is terrible they are ashy also. I really hope jb don't screw up the 11/12. The solid cdp shoes I own arethe 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10,13,14,16 and the rest are very poor. I'm definitly gonna start getting older jordans!

Originally Posted by s dubl

eek.gif
. Just tie the shoelaces from both shoes together and throw them around your neck.

eyes.gif
Ahahahahahahaha!

I don't mind the quality issues of the retros because they don't get worn a ton and I don't ball in them. I hardly ever wear Js for ballinganymore...Nike's current offerings always seem to be better.

Originally Posted by s dubl

eek.gif

eyes.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by jepeh21

i've only had chipping problems with my aqua viii's. >

Back in the day, i wore my OG Aquas almost every day for six months straight. The nubuck scuffed, the rubber wore down.
The midsole paint however stayed as good as new.

It's already happened to me....

One day ya'll gonna realize how much money you've spent on these worthless things and you're gonna be sick to your stomach. If you're gonnabuy them, wear them and get your money's worth. You have to know what you're buying though. Complaints this far in the game are just as worthless asthe shoes, unless you JUST start buying retros.

i agree the 12's is the only J i have that hasnt messed up like the others oh and also my 6's from the DMP havent messed up either and i wear themcasually

off topic a little bit here, does anybody have a clue as to why they used the glossy paint, which chips very easily?
the cement 3's and 4's didnt use the glossy paint and they didnt chip. On the cement 3's you can see the white mid sole under the black paint justabove the air unit. But that is after several years of wear, which is nothing compare to all the retros chipping nowadays.

We understand the frustration of retro quality on Jordans but this topic comes up way too much.

Back
Top Bottom