Retro Roseanne show = crushed. *Michael Kay* "See ya!!"

Eh, I kind of forgave them cause they made dude from Super Human Samurai Cyber Squad a regular. Angela got annoying after a while though, cant be too harsh cause Shawn put her through it on a regular basis

You sir, are a 90’s television savant

:lol: wouldn’t even wanna support a sob pos like trump no matter what he is or does

:rofl::rofl::rofl: @ bigotry inducing ambien

As someone who has previously been prescribed Ambien for some time, that excuse is extra hilarious to me :rofl:
Whenever I somehow managed to type something online after taking my Ambien I couldn't recall doing so and it was just gibberish that made drunk posting look like a refined college essay. I don't recall ever typing something remotely intelligible in those circumstances, much less something blatantly racist.

On a semi-positive note..

Roseanne update: ABC may consider putting costars in new show

Meet the Bonners!

There could be a scenario in the works where ABC salvages significant parts of Roseanne without having to say goodbye to some of the best actors on television (here’s looking at you, Laurie Metcalf and John Goodman). Though ABC made a swift decision Tuesday to cancel the successful reboot, EW has learned that ABC has not exactly washed its hands of the family comedy.

Here’s the challenge, though: Roseanne was created by Roseanne Barr. The characters were conceived by her and Matt Williams. If the sitcom were to continue without the matriarch, the actress would still benefit financially. So a key insider informs EW that discussions will continue today on whether it makes sense to keep the other actors but potentially design a new series around them — ergo, the Bonners, or whatever you want to call Goodman, Metcalf, and the clan of misfits.

AAy1VRH.img
© Adam Rose/ABC
It’s not as if everyone scattered after Tuesday’s cancellation announcement. After ABC ordered a second season of Roseanne in March, EW confirmed that the cast options were picked up for another 13 episodes. Carsey-Werner, which produces the sitcom for ABC, is still on the hook for paying those salaries. And since ABC ordered a new season, it bears its own financial brunt from the cancellation. So keeping some kind of show intact wouldn’t be the worst decision for ABC.

Several of Roseanne’s best writers certainly aren’t going anywhere. In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, executive producer Dave Caplan noted that he, together with Roseanne EPs Bruce Helford and Bruce Rasmussen, are staying put with ABC. “[They] have a pilot project with Tom Werner for ABC, and we’ll continue working together. I know that Tom really regretted the fact that we had such a wonderful writing staff together — a real rare collection of talent — and I know he’d like to continue using it in some fashion if that were possible.”

And what if ABC decides to just make it all go away? “It’s not that much money,” observes a competing studio. “When you cancel a show, there are cancellation fees. And then there are costs of actually shutting down the production.”

The real loss comes from the potential ad revenue — Kantar Media ballparked it at $60 million next season in the New York Times — and what a show like Roseanne could have done for ABC’s schedule. “Think of the ripple effect that show would have had on other shows,” observes the studio exec. “Now ABC won’t be able to start Tuesday nights with a giant.”

ABC has yet to respond to a request for comment about what’s already a very fluid situation, with many possible outcomes.

Its pretty amazing to me how many people dont realize Roseanne isn't a Republican and is actually part of the Green Party (ran for President in 2012 on the Green Party ticket and finished 2nd, rallied at Wall Street during the 99% movement, said bankers found guilty of fraud should be executed, etc etc.) :lol:

You can support the President but not side with his party/politics
Nah. Trump is a dummy. Other republicans out there that are more balanced.
I grew up watching this show, and i liked the reboot. The show overall touched on a number of topics that other shows wouldnt go near (same with A Different World)

However, what Roseanne was really messed up and im glad shes finally getting what she deserves. I do feel bad that she put a lot of other people out of work just because she couldnt keep her big fat mouth shut.
This show shined light on the lower class whites opposite full house/home improvement..etc. it was different but to me it glorified dysfunction. Roseanne was a bad mom. Her kids were disrespectful and Dan had no balls. The aunt Jackie was the worst.

Remember one episode at the diner where Roseanne was scared to open because homie was black. Funny how that’s how she is in real life lol

Nah. Trump is a dummy. Other republicans out there that are more balanced.

This show shined light on the lower class whites opposite full house/home improvement..etc. it was different but to me it glorified dysfunction. Roseanne was a bad mom. Her kids were disrespectful and Dan had no balls. The aunt Jackie was the worst.

Remember one episode at the diner where Roseanne was scared to open because homie was black. Funny how that’s how she is in real life lol

It’s sad that she’s just like that in real life, but she’s always been a trash human being. Overall, i related more to Roseanne more than the Cosby Show (although i liked them both). Roseanne and Married with Children showed us lower class white families for the first time on tv. Even though Married with Children was low brow humor, Roseanne was pretty complex for a comedy for its time. But based on what happened yesterday, i can live with the show being cancelled. How they brought the show back doesn’t even make sense canon wise seeing as how Dan passed away in the series finale.

Screenshot_20180530-164821_Google.jpg

Bruh. This is from 09. Like.
Breakfast club said they were wilding for even giving her a show in the first place. This stuff should've been expected.

That was before everyone had smartphones and social media. Also comedians are known to push the envelope. I guess she thought she was good.

Jimmy Kimmel Calls for Compassion in Wake of Roseanne Barr Controversy
147706-1591.jpg

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jimmy-kimmel-calls-for-compassion-in-wake-of-roseanne-barr-controversy/

Roseanne Barr has an unlikely ally in her corner: Jimmy Kimmel, who's suggesting she needs compassion instead of criticism. Though the late night host says that Barr's comments comparing former key Obama aide Valerie Jarrett to an ape are "indefensible," he is asking fans to have some compassion for the actress. In a tweet, he implied that Barr suffers from mental illness.

Kimmel is known for his liberal stance and his criticism of President Trump, while Barr is known as one of Hollywood's most vocal Trump supporters. But on Wednesday, Kimmel appeared to put their political differences aside. He wrote, "What @TheRealRoseanne said is indefensible, but angrily attacking a woman who is obviously not well does no good for anyone. Please take a breath and remember that mental health issues are real. The Roseanne I know could probably use some compassion and help right now."

In March, Barr appeared on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" to promote "Roseanne," and though she and the host got into a heated discussion about Mr. Trump, their jabs appeared to be in good fun as they laughed during the interview.

Kimmel's tweet Wednesday did not go over well with everyone. Many people criticized him for equating mental illness with racism. Noted author Roxane Gay wrote, "What she said is indefensible but you're going to defend her anyway? Mental illness, if that's what this is, does not excuse racism. It is not synonymous with racism. And critique is not attack."

Actress Andie MacDowell, however, agreed with Kimmel and said, "two wrongs don't make a right. ... No need to be cruel."

"Roseanne" was canceled on Tuesday after Barr's tweet went viral, and reruns of the original series were also pulled.

Barr, who initially claimed she was leaving Twitter, returned to tweeting early Wednesday to apologize again to Jarrett. She also posted defensive tweets suggesting that she was under the influence of Ambien at the time, and that her punishment was out of proportion for "a stupid joke."

She also hit back at criticism from her former co-stars and consulting producer Wanda Sykes.

Racism a mental health issue now?...Hmmm, I'll allow it. Only if we can get some legislation passed regarding gun control. There could be some intersectionality here. Banning anyone with a mental health issue, IE racists would be a lovely comeuppance.

Back
Top Bottom