RETRO SHOES POPULARITY WILL DECLINE DRASTICALLY IN 6 MONTHS TO A YEAR FROM NOW.

Do you think the shoe game will be as strong in late 2014 and early 2015

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

• OR DO YOU THINK IT WILL BE MORE POPULAR IN LATE 2014 & 2015 THEN IT IS NOW

• Total voters
Naaaaaah.

Man these companies (not including JB) haven't even scratched the SURFACE of the **** they STILL have in the vaults.

Think about all the ill **** we want that hasn't seen the light of day.

Hell... think about the stuff that's been butchered that we'd snatch up on sight if it were done right *cough*DT MAX*cough*.

If what you're saying actually were to happen then the **** would REALLY hit the fan because MOST of this new **** is dead wack.
I agree a lot of this new **** is really wack because around 5 or 6 years ago I could not stand what I was seeing in most shoe stores. Now the flood of retros has crooked shoe store managers making at least an extra $10,000 on the side. LMAO.

Another example is the white foams, Phoenix foams and royal/grey foams because a lot of people purchased them because they thought it would be the gotta have it foamposite and now they are trying to sell them for retail or less.
If you can find me those for retail, we can be best friends.
nerd.gif

i pray OP is right but nah

as of december 31st 2013 i am done with retros unless Kobes are amazing.

only way ill come back to Jordans is if they drop concords or something other than that. i am done.

too much hype, too many shoes, too many resellers, not enough shoes. just smh

only way ill come back to Jordans is if they drop concords or something other than that. i am done.

concords are air force I available these days..what are you waiting for?
laugh.gif
maybe he waiting for the price to go down idk
theres very few jordans ive been impressed with lately
just gimme some 16's
we aint impressed cuz we're in here everyday..you think i care about 99.99999% of what drops these days? nah...

im actually in da interesting position that things i that love happens to go on sale so i dont gotta worry about lines these days.

I miss the old days. I remember going to work on Saturday mornings, get out around 3pm, head to the sneaker spot and still was able to cop a pair in my size with no problems. Nowadays I gotta go through the gauntlet just to obtain a pair. And lets not mention prices! S*** is heinous :smh:

You miss out on nearly every release anyway :lol:

You miss out on nearly every release anyway
laugh.gif
roll.gif

The bubble will burst at some point, but not in the next 6 months.

And, frankly, the market isn't that inflated for a lot of stuff. People always think they're collections are worth a ton, and then they try to sell them and realize it's a lot harder to get what you think you can.
Yep.  People really don't realize that like any hot item, if you wait out that initial wave, you can get what you want at decent prices.  Unless you're going after nothing but the most limited shoes in the market...in that instance, grow a money tree.

Last edited:
Nah. The LeBron line will start to retro soon and I imagine they'll do retro + color ways for those. Same thing with the Nike Kobe line. With JB, they can re-release bred 11s this holiday season AGAIN and they'll sell out. Plus, they're just gonna re-release their retro + color ways to no end. Toro Bravo 4s and Fear Pack coming again in 2023.

what will come to a boiling point are Jordans selling out. theyre already pushing it by charging $160. $170 will be a tough pill to swallow. I predict that there will only be a few sellouts next year, such as the Black Infrared 6s, Carmines, and possibly more. the Jumpman hype is dyeing out FAST

Imo......it will get more and more hyped. I hate that is how it will be. I'm an older head and I remember the days of going whenever and picking up my shoes. Sadly tho this is not ending anytime soon. I'm one of the few who voted in the "become more popular" section.

J's been going down now in my area. Everyone rocking Lebron's, KD's and other non J's. They said that J's played out already

maybe people who actually remember jordan when he played are the ones who will keep buying j's and all the other hypebeasts can buy all the other stuff. most people who buy j's never even seen mike play a game before, that defeats the whole meaning of them to me.

to me I think its a setup to introduce later retros in abut a year XVI's and up, public will eat up em up

It's never going to die down. It's the nature of the game now, as long as there are hypebeasts and resellers. Idk where some of you guys are located but I live in NY and everything sells out. :rolleyes Except for clover 1's and crimson 3's lol

When **** hits the fan in this country which will be soon people will stop paying top dollar for shoes, so I say if your in now squeeze as much juice as you can now before it's done

maybe people who actually remember jordan when he played are the ones who will keep buying j's and all the other hypebeasts can buy all the other stuff. most people who buy j's never even seen mike play a game before, that defeats the whole meaning of them to me.
That logic has and never will make sense bro.

Back
Top Bottom